You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Do they still sell Everton Mints, from the kiosk in the Main Stand?

Bradford City used to do the best (chicken balti) pies. I remember the last game of the season there, in 2000. I barely saw any of the second half, as I kept going down for pies.

Fulham sold boss cream and smoked salmon bagels.

Huddersfield's official pie supplier does a pork pie with black pudding instead of jelly.
  • Upvote 1

£53 to sit miles up in the air in the new main stand v Huddersfield next month.

As you say disgusting.

My Park End Season Ticket costs £565, and that's the most expensive part of the ground.

That's less than £30 a game- which is about fair I think .

It's £299 for a young person season ticket, £95 for a kids ticket and £149 for an 11-17 year old

Let's be honest, they could let you in for nothing,such is the vast amount of tv money flying about  these days.

I estimate that Everton pull in about a million pounds per home game, so say £25 million a season. That's less than we paid for our recent young keeper.

My Park End Season Ticket costs £565, and that's the most expensive part of the ground.

That's less than £30 a game- which is about fair I think .

It's £299 for a young person season ticket, £95 for a kids ticket and £149 for an 11-17 year old

Let's be honest, they could let you in for nothing,such is the vast amount of tv money flying about these days.

I estimate that Everton pull in about a million pounds per home game, so say £25 million a season. That's less than we paid for our recent young keeper.

Yeah ticket prices have actually become something that to the clubs are almost irrelevant - but to us fans their greed around them is a major issue.

A further example of the ever widening disconnect between club and fans.

Fair do's to Everton on the pricing front though there is at least some kind of decency (comparatively speaking) in the pricing.

• Upvote 1

The truth is that our ticket prices could and would be even higher if it was left to laws of supply and demand.

Everton tickets are that much cheaper not because they are run by the kings of altruism, but because demand is so much lower.

But it doesn't have to be about supply and demand at all.

There is a finite supply. 

It's then a question of how much money the club wants to make from that finite supply.

They could cap the tickets at 35/40-quid, and they would still be making insane amounts of money on other revenue streams.

Making, say, 30m less at the gate over a season isn't much more than what we payed for Lovren.

Yes, there is demand, but richer people are going to be the participants in that demand, not poorer.

50-plus-quid tickets won't be in demand by rank-and-file Liverpool supporters who purely and simply can't afford them.

The club could set the price where they want, much lower (and let poorer people participate in the demand), and it would be a relative drop in the ocean to its finances these days.  

It is not beholden to the supply/demand model.  It chooses to be so.

• Upvote 1

A couple of gems from a blue I watched our game with on Saturday night

1st goal:   They'll be disappointed with that, should never have gotten over the defenders head

2nd goal: Keeper could've done better there do you think?

Leicester 1st: Mignolet lucky not to get sent off

Henderson goal: Came after about 5 minutes of him talking about how he doesn't rate him, he wouldn't get in Everton's midfield and how he doesn't score enough

Sturridge came on: He's a class act, but it's all in his head, he's God Squad isn't he?  God tells him when to play (this was said about 3 times between the end of the match)

Penalty: Would've gone if it wasn't for this new rule

Penalty save:  Right at him wasn't it?

Long afternoon that. 

• Upvote 3

The most underrated transfer rumour of recent times is Edinson Cavani moving to Everton. The Merseyside club have clearly already forgotten that they already have the best striker in the world in Oumar Niasse.

Everton’s search for a forward is nothing new. The Toffees tried to sign a number of strikers over the summer, from Olivier Giroud to Diego Costa. It seems that Chelsea want to stick the knife in even further after not doing business over the latter.

According to The Sun, Chelsea ‘are favourites to sign Edinson Cavani if he quits Paris Saint-Germain in January’. And they are speaking literally in terms of ‘favourites’: the story revolves around betting odds.

You see, Paddy Power offer 11-2 on Cavani joining Chelsea, and 10-1 on him moving to Everton. Because Paddy Power have the inside track on PSG’s transfer business. For fu…

Early in the context of the window but not early in the context of Lukaku's overall time with us. He's stayed with us 4 seasons which is longer than Suarez stayed at Liverpool. We undoubtedly had an agreement with him to let him go this window which it looks as though we've honoured. This tells other top prospects and their agents looking at us 'ok I can deal honestly with Everton'. Liverpool effectively holding Coutinho hostage is great for all their current players undoubtedly but any future Suarez wanting to play for Barca or Madrid look at that and think 'I'm not going to Liverpool'. 

Great this. Didn't they hold Lukaku hostage for about 2 years? I love the way whatever happens to them they brag about it and use it as a way to talk shit about us. Sold your best player in decades? Don't worry, you can always congratulate yourselves for having the nobility to let him go. Not like that lot up the road.

• Upvote 2

Great this. Didn't they hold Lukaku hostage for about 2 years? I love the way whatever happens to them they brag about it and use it as a way to talk shit about us. Sold your best player in decades? Don't worry, you can always congratulate yourselves for having the nobility to let him go. Not like that lot up the road.

If you love somebody

Set them free