You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They're doing it again. Like they did with James Rodriguez. But, this time it's Demarai Gray. 

We're just two games into the season and I've already seen a few "bargain/signing of the season" shouts from some of them. 

They never learn. Hype them up. To knock them down. Rinse. And repeat. 

I think Gray is / was a decent player. He never seemed to take the next step up. 

Hopefully he continues to flatter to deceive at The Ev. 

I said the day they did the deals Gray and Townsend for a combined 1.5m was a steal. Not gong to win you the league but squad depth etc it was good business. As Scott just said Gray had the potential but just seemed to stall for some reason. Well worth the shot, half decent season and they could sell him on for 5/10 times the fee

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

They're doing it again. Like they did with James Rodriguez. But, this time it's Demarai Gray. 

We're just two games into the season and I've already seen a few "bargain/signing of the season" shouts from some of them. 

They never learn. Hype them up. To knock them down. Rinse. And repeat. 

This season's Lookman

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think Grey is a steal for them ,won’t make much difference in the long run but still. Good signing 

Yeah, he did look pretty decent on MOTD. Let's hope Rafa (sorry Rafael) gets bored with these clowns sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

First time they've been on MotD before the Redshite in a lifetime for some of them, and it wasn't even a win.

The last minute pulling down of Bamford was every bit as much a penalty as the Calvert Lewin was early on, and should have been given.

Nope. First a blatant pen, second never has been.

edit: also can’t get my head round why the Leeds player wasn’t sent off. Absolutely no attempt to play the ball, and without the foul Calvert-Lewis gets to the ball 6 yards out practically certain to score. 

I thought the double jeopardy thing with pens and reds/yellows was only if you made a genuine attempt for the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Nope. First a blatant pen, second never has been.

I think Calvert-Lewin won that first penalty through a bit of gamesmanship. They both started a bit of shirt pulling, but Calvert-Lewin let go and then made it clear that the defender was pulling his shirt. A bit naive by the defender and sneaky/smart by Calvert-Lewin, but deffo a pen.

I had a quick glance at GoT to see if there's much love for Rafa after their decent start. I just jumped to the last page and this was the 1st post. They truly are mental.

nsno-chris

nsno-chris

Player Valuation: £70m

One day closer to being gone from this club
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I had a quick glance at GoT to see if there's much love for Rafa after their decent start. I just jumped to the last page and this was the 1st post. They truly are mental.

nsno-chris

nsno-chris

That's factually correct, can't say that very often.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

nsno-chris

nsno-chris

What a deluded fanbase they are. Who on Earth is going to want to manage them post Rafa.  They’ve burnt through all the available English PFA protected managers barring Hodgson… oh wait. Now theirs an idea!! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

That's factually correct, can't say that very often.

Definitely an outlier for them, as opposed to outright liar, of which they have countless numbers.

The thing with them and Benitez, is that even if they went on a 12-15 match unbeaten run (as if) one bad result is all it would take for them to reset to zero and start frothing from the mouth again. In the unbeaten period, it would be 'Everton unbeaten', but the first defeat and it'd be 'Benitez loses'.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

What a deluded fanbase they are. Who on Earth is going to want to manage them post Rafa.  They’ve burnt through all the available English PFA protected managers barring Hodgson… oh wait. Now theirs an idea!! 

Not many jobs that pay so much for delivering so little