You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Heard a blue today saying Liverpool cheering when United scored, since when do scousers cheers on mancs! I nearly choked on the delusion.

When they play Liverpool,  give them free food as well.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Heard a blue today saying Liverpool cheering when United scored, since when do scousers cheers on mancs! I nearly choked on the delusion.

They just make stuff up. Same club were cheering goals against their own team when City beat them in 2014 

Everton's financial future will be put into major doubt by the end of the month if 777 Capital's proposed takeover remains unresolved. (Telegraph - subscription required)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Everton's financial future will be put into major doubt by the end of the month if 777 Capital's proposed takeover remains unresolved. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Fingers crossed then.

1 minute ago, Bad Red Bull said:

It feels like they're trying to bully the premier league into caving in on the take over. I guess if there's no cash, the first thing that will stop is the stadium. I wonder if they have the cash to pay wages until the end of the season? Or if moshiri can find a way to get money out of uncle uzzi without detection?

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It feels like they're trying to bully the premier league into caving in on the take over. I guess if there's no cash, the first thing that will stop is the stadium. I wonder if they have the cash to pay wages until the end of the season? Or if moshiri can find a way to get money out of uncle uzzi without detection?

I would imagine any other prospective buyers would prefer to pick them up once they're on administration- I assume they would pay less? Although why anyone would want to buy them with that amount of debt and the rest of the stadium costs, I don't know.

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I would imagine any other prospective buyers would prefer to pick them up once they're on administration- I assume they would pay less? Although why anyone would want to buy them with that amount of debt and the rest of the stadium costs, I don't know.

I guess it's a trade off. It looks like they're using the EFL for financial punishment rules now, so if they go into administration that's another instant -12, which will surely send them straight down. So if you're buying right now, you probably don't want to buy someone who's almost certainly going to end up in the championship. 

But if there were people queuing up at the door to buy them, I'm sure they wouldn't be here now. Obviously there'll always be a point where the price is low enough to entice people in, but what that means for the state of their club by then, who knows. 

It's a quite unbelievable mess really. 

• Upvote 2

How do they still need to borrow working capital? The case they tried to make was they were complying with League recommendations and cutting costs since Rafa took over. That's clearly not the case*, its enough proof for me that they need more points deducted. 

* I assume stadium costs shouldn't be considered normal working capital?

57 minutes ago, No2 said:

How do they still need to borrow working capital? The case they tried to make was they were complying with League recommendations and cutting costs since Rafa took over. That's clearly not the case*, its enough proof for me that they need more points deducted. 

* I assume stadium costs shouldn't be considered normal working capital?

I think the stadium and football costs for PSR purposes are two different things. So I think they can still bankrupt themselves, while simultaneously adhering to PSR rules. 

13 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The full article,

Everton’s financial future will be plunged into major doubt by the end of the month if 777 Capital’s proposed takeover remains unresolved.

Pressure is mounting for the Premier League to finally make a decision on the deal as working capital and new stadium financing is assured only to March 31.

The coming weeks could be among the most consequential in the Merseyside club’s history, with executives also fighting a second alleged spending breach.

A decision on the outcome of the league’s toughened owners’ and directors’ test can be ruled out for at least another week, sources tell Telegraph Sport. More meetings are anticipated between the top tier and the Miami-brd investment firm in the coming days to clarify outstanding questions face to face.

Even if the Premier League board is then satisfied it has received all information, an independent oversight panel of KCs will be called in to review conclusions under the new rules.

The precedent set by Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25 per cent purchase of Manchester United have led insiders to conclude that further process alone will take another seven days.

Although Everton’s 10-point deduction was reduced to six last week, the club’s form has dipped worryingly, with defeat against West Ham on the weekend.

An appeal panel reduced Everton’s punishment due to “legal errors” but an accompanying ruling detailed how the club had already committed “over £800 million” to its new Bramley-Moore Dock development.

Telegraph Sport has reported previously how 777 appears unwilling to provide any further loan funding while the takeover saga drags on. The company, one of a growing number of multi-club owner models, agreed to purchase owner Farhad Moshiri’s 94 per cent stake in September. It has since provided Everton with a further £30 million in funding, taking the total loan from the American investment firm to £180 million.

In recent weeks, 777 has moved to reassure its own staff over its finances after the recent departure of Damien Alfalla as chief financial officer.

Co-founders Josh Wander and Steve Pasko wrote in an internal memo: “We are pleased to announce that Brett Kaufman will be stepping into the role of CFO for 777 Partners. We are confident that this change will fortify our future growth and are excited to welcome Brett into the 777 family. We appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm during this transition.”

Everton were hit by claims that the takeover could be put in danger by allegations regarding one of 777s subsidiaries, 777Re, which is a Bermuda-brd reinsurer.

But sources close to 777 insisted the reinsurer has been placed under administrative control as part of a reorganisation of the industry by Bermudan authorities, rather than being placed into administration, and that there are no issues for their funding of the Everton deal as a result.