You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i don't particularly have an issue with a ban - providing of course that is the measure across europe. but it's not. there are plenty of places that are still a fucking nightmare to go because of fans and/or police, yet uefa still let it go on. i personally think the combination of heysel, hillsborough and the ban sent massive shockwaves through football here. Something had to change and thankfully it did aside from a small number dickheads fighting a couple of miles away from grounds. the attitude of people attending games changed. i was a teenager through that 80s period and a lad who grew up by the ground. We thought the trouble was great until we didn't. i am sure it was pretty much the same with kids and young fellas up and down the country. i was only just 15 when heysel happened, so i couldn't go, but i went down to the supporters club on lower breck road to watch it and when there with the first talk of trouble, the general reaction was "i hope we twatted them". 

but back to the point, we all know thatcher was a cunt, but i don't really see how there could have been anything but a ban after what happened. We all knew it was coming, because it had been threatened for years, in fact it was a miracle we were still in europe at that point because of the behaviour of other teams and england. she threw us under the bus by giving us (and letting us take) all the blame, but of course she would - she hated football and the working classes (and it was still very much a working class sport then), i honestly don't think it was anything specific to us, she was gagging to do it. and it was all part of her looking hard to fo with the falklands and the miners strike. She was just a level of cunt that this disaster was what she wanted - i don't believe it wouldn't have made much difference if it had been another team though. 

Didn't see say Liverpool was a particularly violent city?

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Even though he was there at Heysel selling tickets to Juventus fans for the neutral area. Something that he admits to in his book and a recent interview with that James English who interviews anyone whose ever been in prison for more than a week. 

Tbf to him he acknowledges his own role and In and says he doesn't join in with the murderers stuff because Everton would have acted the same waym

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Tbf to him he acknowledges his own role and In and says he doesn't join in with the murderers stuff because Everton would have acted the same waym

That's fair enough and at least he admits it. It is just their holier than thou high horse brigade who act different. 

3 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The thing that amuses me with the blues re: Heysel is how they pat themselves on the back and point out that there was no fighting at their European final in Rotterdam in 1985. 

Yeah, because those bloody Austrian fans had a notorious reputation for hooliganism and fighting back in the 1980s, didn’t they?…

Wasn't Vienna behind the iron curtain at that time and brought over about 5 fans?

I know they played somewhere in Europe in the 90s and caused havoc

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Didn't see say Liverpool was a particularly violent city?

Thatcher? Dunno to be honest. Probably. She was a cunt. In fact worse than a cunt, she was genuinely evil. But that ban was coming with or without her and she'd have happily chucked any football fans under the bus, she'd have just used different words. 

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Apparently the shite are binning that gobshite Coady back to Wolves!

Liverpool have been releasing a load of highlights reels and player tributes to our four who are out-of-contract.  I wonder if Everton will commemorate that moment he thought he'd scored in the Derby.

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I know who not to use as my phone a friend if I get a difficult geography question on who wants to be a millionaire!

Ha ha

In my defence I'm still not well so I'm going to.put my appaling geography skills down to that

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Thatcher? Dunno to be honest. Probably. She was a cunt. In fact worse than a cunt, she was genuinely evil. But that ban was coming with or without her and she'd have happily chucked any football fans under the bus, she'd have just used different words. 

Oh yeah a ban was coming anyway its more the fact that she did it herself rather than waiting for uefa.

Like others have said thought,how England fans didn't get banned is baffling 

Poor Connor. He  did everything right.

"I hate the red shite I really do! Look how much I love Everton! Dad dragged me to Analfield but I longed to be stood on the Gladys watching Big Brett Angel score. Look how hard I celebrated my offside goal, the highlight of my glittering career. I even pushed Robbo, eh? Did you see how I pushed him? Like big dunc(my hero by the way) did to Sami Hoofia, you saw that yeah? Did I mention how much I hate the red shite?"

Back to wolves you go. 

Everton would struggle to beat Rapid Hardware these days.

I think Evertonians outnumbered their fans by about 9 to 1.

Rapid Vienna cheated Celtic out of the competition by pretending one of their players got hit by a firework when they beat them 3-0 at Parkhead overturning a 3-1 first leg defeat. They ended up getting the game replayed at Old Trafford but they only drew the replayed game and went out. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Got to love them, Premier League fans verdicts on 2022/23 on the BBC:

Everton

Mike Richards, Unholy Trinity

• Season rating: 1/10. Not sure how I can score it any higher.
  • Happy with your manager? Sean Dyche was tasked with saving us and he did. He deserves to stay on and have the opportunity to build a solid side.
  • Player you would most like to sign: Not even thought about potential signings given we were not sure what league we'd be in. One thing is for sure, a centre-forward or two is top of the list. Step forward Viktor Gyokeres.
  • Best away fans: Everton fans when we travel. There is a lot of false noise around certain sides and their great away following. Don't think any shone at Goodison Park, so we will take that award.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Got to love them, Premier League fans verdicts on 2022/23 on the BBC:

Everton

Mike Richards, Unholy Trinity

• Season rating: 1/10. Not sure how I can score it any higher.
  • Happy with your manager? Sean Dyche was tasked with saving us and he did. He deserves to stay on and have the opportunity to build a solid side.
  • Player you would most like to sign: Not even thought about potential signings given we were not sure what league we'd be in. One thing is for sure, a centre-forward or two is top of the list. Step forward Viktor Gyokeres.
  • Best away fans: Everton fans when we travel. There is a lot of false noise around certain sides and their great away following. Don't think any shone at Goodison Park, so we will take that award.

Lack of self awareness:

Again, I’d have to say it’s us Everton fans. We manage to shoehorn in a reference to them lot whenever we talk, although I made it to the third paragraph this time which is a record. Heysel.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Rapid Vienna cheated Celtic out of the competition by pretending one of their players got hit by a firework when they beat them 3-0 at Parkhead overturning a 3-1 first leg defeat. They ended up getting the game replayed at Old Trafford but they only drew the replayed game and went out. 

So beginning Everton fans awkward love/ hate obsession with fireworks which stands to this day.

7 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Lack of self awareness:

Again, I’d have to say it’s us Everton fans. We manage to shoehorn in a reference to them lot whenever we talk, although I made it to the third paragraph this time which is a record. Heysel.

They fucking love themselves don't they. They think they are the best or most unique fanbase in world football but they are just a gang of miserable moaning twats. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They fucking love themselves don't they. They think they are the best or most unique fanbase in world football bit they are just a gang of miserable moaning twats. 

It's the "Everton aren't we?" that gets me irrationally angry.

• Upvote 1