You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I see Moshiri is now blabbing that the stadium is costing £760m, not the £500m never mind the still only £350m they tell everyone.

That's going to be one hell of a debt to carry even if they stay in the PL never mind if they do slip into the Championship. And that's not including any other operating debt that looks likely to continue growing. How the fuck can the PL sit on their hands and not sanction them?

20 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Him at the end saying people need to start taking responsibility for the position they’re in. They might wanna start with themselves 

The line about being in a relegation battle for the second year running.  I guess the poor lad has been in a coma for the past 10 years. 

"ultimately, we're gagging for another wide ranging and uncontrollable variant of Covid, we were top of the league for that week or two when old people with lung and respiratory problems were dying and another wave can't come quick enough so our fans are restricted entrance to the ground and we can get Spirit of the Blues back to number 1"

Said Moshiri, Kenwright, Andy Gray, the hairy footed cunt Keys and Mike Lyons.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I see Moshiri is now blabbing that the stadium is costing £760m, not the £500m never mind the still only £350m they tell everyone.

That's going to be one hell of a debt to carry even if they stay in the PL never mind if they do slip into the Championship. And that's not including any other operating debt that looks likely to continue growing. How the fuck can the PL sit on their hands and not sanction them?

anyone else sense another ground they won’t be paying rent on

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

They'll never learn. You'd think they would, given how many times they've had this kind of thing bite them in the arse, but they just don't.

This. Every day. 

They simply can’t adopt a bit of restraint and a “see how it goes” approach. This often leads to wild claims akin to Jelavic being better than Suarez. The mindset was evident with Moshiri too. No wait and see and instead straight in with the “Kopites heads are falling off” comments and the “we’re rich” banners. 

But, as always, it’s the bluenoses who are losing their heads and looking like fools who are having to perform a complete 180 due to their initial, misguided and overexcited giddiness regarding Moshiri. 

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

£100m pound building that, I know that because a cabbie told me 3 times on Sunday morning. Rusmanov owns it, I know that because he told me that 3 times too. The league are trying to get them for FFP, just the once he told me that.

10 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

This. Every day. 

They simply can’t adopt a bit of restraint and a “see how it goes” approach. This often leads to wild claims akin to Jelavic being better than Suarez. The mindset was evident with Moshiri too. No wait and see and instead straight in with the “Kopites heads are falling off” comments and the “we’re rich” banners. 

But, as always, it’s the bluenoses who are losing their heads and looking like fools who are having to perform a complete 180 due to their initial, misguided and overexcited giddiness regarding Moshiri. 

You obviously missed their 'Three times transfer window winners' open bus tour and 'The first team to install undersoil heating' victory parade. What a minute that was!

17 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

If they had started building it in 2016 when they announced it then maybe the costs wouldn't have skyrocketed. They didn't start until after the pandemic but they spent 4 years faffing around doing public surveys and all kinds of delaying tactics. Also every time they had a shit result or we won something they would release a stadium update. 

Yes, it was a difficult project but several clubs announced their stadiums after them and built them. They could have also built a stadium somewhere else in Liverpool for half the price and far less planning obstacles but thus is a pure vanity project to make themselves feel relevant and to put our noses out of joint.

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Yes, it was a difficult project but several clubs announced their stadiums after them and built them. They could have also built a stadium somewhere else in Liverpool for half the price and far less planning obstacles but thus is a pure vanity project to make themselves feel relevant and to put our noses out of joint.

Which it won't but almost to a man they will claim it has and all of our heads have fallen off because they've probably bankrupted themselves to build a generic, soulless building with poor surrounding infrastructure and a distinct whiff of shite and corn feed.

Just now, sir roger said:

Noticed in the stories about the Royal couple opening the new Royal Hospital that the costs had shot up from an original 350m to over a billion. While they had the Carillion collapse to cope with, looking at that increase with similar timescales I still think 760m will be an underestimate for BMD.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Which it won't but almost to a man they will claim it has and all of our heads have fallen off because they've probably bankrupted themselves to build a generic, soulless building with poor surrounding infrastructure and a distinct whiff of shite and corn feed.

There were two other sites that were potential homes for them. One out on the East Lancs and another at Garston gasworks by South Parkway Station.

But they decided to take on a massive project, infill a dock and get the World Heritage status removed.