You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Jovanovics wages are misleading as this years includes the signing on fee spread over monthly payments! So say, 3 million! Looks worse than it actually is.

But I say we stop talking about anything, and support the lads!

That is all we need to win the league next year, support! Support the lads!

sorry, support the lads, kidda!

JohnnyH, one simple question.

Who were the brains behind the Jovanovic deal, Rafa or Purslow?

Does it really fucking matter?

Jovanovic was on a free. But instead of handing him the signing on fee, that every single free transfer gets, in one go, they agreed to pay it in his first years salary. So he is on £120k a week. Next year he will be on about less then half that. But who fucking cares. We are not trying to shift someone on £120k a week. Jovanovic won't be expecting to get that salary at his next club because he doesn't get it here. If we sell him before the signing on fee is totally paid, then that will be part of his severance. His real salary is what he will be trying to get at the next club. If we'd paid £5m for him to a club and he'd got no signing on fee then no one would give a fuck as he'd be considered very cheap in this day and age, so I just don't get all the shite about his salary. He's shite - surely that's enough of a reason to complain about the transfer?

But my issue is with your fucking constant inane wish to turn every single thread into a Benitez argument when you know what a divisive issue it is on this forum. Everyone thinks Purslow is a twat, so if he gets the blame, then who fucking cares? It won't cause division on here, so good. That is why I passed my comment to you. Why can't you just fucking leave it alone? The forum is getting so much better now with people rarely if ever actually arguing about Benitez, Alonso (although that will all change come this Sunday sadly), etc, except you. You have to pass abusive comments about him, or your comments above so you can ensure you drag down an excellent forum back in the gutter with infighting such as you are now. You're a total fucking bellend. But I actually genuinely think you are a bit slow or even slightly retarded with the way you dribble on, so I've never really bothered with you. You’re recent efforts to mimic TomRs always funny "I'm better then you" comments have been nothing short of embarrassing. But now you seem to want to converse with me, so here is your answer. Now please fuck off back to licking whatever window you happen to be leaning up against at the moment. You are a bore. I also won't be replying to whatever nonsense you vomit out of that vacuous hole in your head that you seem to think is an information centre, so write what you want in reply, or ignore it. Whatever.

Yeah, it was Rafas ideal signing. He wanted a freebie rather than wanting to buy a world class player. Nothing to do with restrictions.

I gues you are right considering Rafa wanted to hijack the deal and bring him to Inter instead.

Jovanovic was on a free. But instead of handing him the signing on fee, that every single free transfer gets, in one go, they agreed to pay it in his first years salary. So he is on £120k a week. Next year he will be on about less then half that. But who fucking cares. We are not trying to shift someone on £120k a week. Jovanovic won't be expecting to get that salary at his next club because he doesn't get it here. If we sell him before the signing on fee is totally paid, then that will be part of his severance. His real salary is what he will be trying to get at the next club. If we'd paid £5m for him to a club and he'd got no signing on fee then no one would give a fuck as he'd be considered very cheap in this day and age, so I just don't get all the shite about his salary. He's shite - surely that's enough of a reason to complain about the transfer?

But my issue is with your fucking constant inane wish to turn every single thread into a Benitez argument when you know what a divisive issue it is on this forum. Everyone thinks Purslow is a twat, so if he gets the blame, then who fucking cares? It won't cause division on here, so good. That is why I passed my comment to you. Why can't you just fucking leave it alone? The forum is getting so much better now with people rarely if ever actually arguing about Benitez, Alonso (although that will all change come this Sunday sadly), etc, except you. You have to pass abusive comments about him, or your comments above so you can ensure you drag down an excellent forum back in the gutter with infighting such as you are now. You're a total fucking bellend. But I actually genuinely think you are a bit slow or even slightly retarded with the way you dribble on, so I've never really bothered with you. You’re recent efforts to mimic TomRs always funny "I'm better then you" comments have been nothing short of embarrassing. But now you seem to want to converse with me, so here is your answer. Now please fuck off back to licking whatever window you happen to be leaning up against at the moment. You are a bore. I also won't be replying to whatever nonsense you vomit out of that vacuous hole in your head that you seem to think is an information centre, so write what you want in reply, or ignore it. Whatever.

I don't get it. You're saying you don't like Code?

I hope you have a lot of spare time as I`m never going to read all that.

I`m just acknowledging that you are happy for people to slate Purslow for things Rafa has done, not a big surprise though.

The reason Rafa wanted Jovanovic,Degen etc is because they were free, the reason Purslow signed them is because they were free, the reason Hicks and Gillett wanted them is because they had mountains of debt and ongoing interest payments to make. Jovanovic, Cole, Degen and all the other cheap crap we bought in the bargain basement sales were a calculated risk, their odds of paying off were much shorter than the national lottery but we still all buy tickets and pray for the best. Whats really shocking is the money spent on Poulson and Konchesky that was unforgivable.

Henderson was included in Fifa's top 12 youngsters in the world this year.

Carrolls £35m will be worth it, judge him in this time next year, support the lad.

as for it not being Rawk its not football manager either. Higuain wont go for £15m.

I don't get why some are questioning this, people need to cast there minds back to our league position when the news broke that Torres was on his way.

Do people not realise that other clubs may have thought we were desperate, with only Kuyt and Ngog as 'established' strikers? Who had the bargaining power because it certainly was not us. As others had said before, knowing what we know now Carroll + Suarez for Torres is a damn good deal.

The reason Rafa wanted Jovanovic,Degen etc is because they were free, the reason Purslow signed them is because they were free, the reason Hicks and Gillett wanted them is because they had mountains of debt and ongoing interest payments to make. Jovanovic, Cole, Degen and all the other cheap crap we bought in the bargain basement sales were a calculated risk, their odds of paying off were much shorter than the national lottery but we still all buy tickets and pray for the best. Whats really shocking is the money spent on Poulson and Konchesky that was unforgivable.

Great post.

Ipswich have slapped a £10million price-tag on Connor Wickham after Liverpool renewed their interest in bringing the 18-year-old to Anfield this summer.

Reds manager Kenny Dalglish is said to be a keen admirer of Wickham's work rate on the pitch and will be watching him closely during England's upcoming U21 Uefa European Championship matches.

The hefty price slapped on him by the Tractor Boys board and a contract that runs until 2013 will give Liverpool a maze to negotiate if they want to sign him. However, youth is now a known priority at Anfield and every available resource is understood to be at Dalglish's disposal in the off season.

Wickham's contact reportedly has a bid clause inserted in it - meaning if an offer comes in from a club which meets the criteria then he is allowed to discuss terms to move on from Portman Road.

The figure between £10million and £15million was almost met by Spurs in May 2010, however Wickham's age at the time deterred negotiations.

If they want £10m - we could probably get a deal at closer to £7m. Im in

Oh and JohhnyH one more thing since you asked.

The only thing you are better than me at is being a lowlife hypocrite who instead of trying to argue a point ends up with petty insults.

People like you always amuse me.

Oh and JohhnyH one more thing since you asked.

The only thing you are better than me at is being a lowlife hypocrite who instead of trying to argue a point ends up with petty insults.

People like you always amuse me.

Translation: "I never loved you anyway..."

A mate of mine in Uni is best mates with Cattermole and he told me a few months back that we were sniffing around him a couple of years ago at Boro.

I must admit, I would be thoroughly underwhelmed if we spunked 20odd million on him and Henderson, astounded even. They are decent players, solid with Premier League experience. But so what? Does that mean they'll improve us and take us to the level we want to be at it? I'd be happy to see players like this come in at a small fee to add depth to the squad (not that the CM area is particularly short in depth), but we could get so much more quality for that kind of money if we looked elsewhere. We shouldn't sign a player just because he is English.

I know little about Henderson but the reports I have read suggest that he is promising and has plenty of talent and potential. Cattermole is decent, but that's it. Do we really need them when we have a midfield containing a much improved player of the season in Lucas, Steven Gerrard, Raul Meireles, and two young promising talents in Jay Speo and the captain of the England youth team in Jonjo Shelvey? Are they considerably better than what we have already, and especially for the considerable outlay which would be involved in a potential deal? Nah, not for me. I'm fairly happy with the CM, and I'm not sure we can justify that kind of money unless we are getting a superstar. Henderson sounds handy, but still I wouldn't see the sense in spending 15-20m on him when there are more pressing issues to address.

I'm hoping that the club is operating under the radar with regards to our transfer activity. Kenny said we'd be doing our business behind closed doors and I'm sure that's the case. I've been massively underwhelmed with our links so far, Henderson, Cattermole, Adam, Dann, Jones, Downing, so I'm hoping most of the above are smoke screens for other deals being lined up.

with these players linked it tells me one thing. we still have fucking shit scouts.

I'm fairly sure it means the press have no idea who we're looking at.

The signing of Jones and Henderson/McCarthy are positive ones for both now and the future. Both of them are experienced in the Prem and both have shown quality throughout the season. Apart from them, I still reckon the rest of our signings will be foreign players. I'm still 90% sure we're going to sign Mata, and the deal for Marveaux looks dead on, which will add wide depth to the squad with the outgoing Jova and Cole. I'm still fairly sure we'll sign Enrique from Newcastle too.

Don't see the point of buying Wickham when we have Morgan and Ngoo who are about the same age, so he will just be blocking them. He may well be better than them at this point, but not significantly. And its not like Suarez and Carroll are so old that they will need replacing soon either.

If we are after a striker would prefer some experience, and a bit cheaper as they will just be back up. Klose is on a free I think, Carroll could learn a lot from someone like him

A mate of mine in Uni is best mates with Cattermole and he told me a few months back that we were sniffing around him a couple of years ago at Boro.

I must admit, I would be thoroughly underwhelmed if we spunked 20odd million on him and Henderson, astounded even. They are decent players, solid with Premier League experience. But so what? Does that mean they'll improve us and take us to the level we want to be at it? I'd be happy to see players like this come in at a small fee to add depth to the squad (not that the CM area is particularly short in depth), but we could get so much more quality for that kind of money if we looked elsewhere. We shouldn't sign a player just because he is English.

I know little about Henderson but the reports I have read suggest that he is promising and has plenty of talent and potential. Cattermole is decent, but that's it. Do we really need them when we have a midfield containing a much improved player of the season in Lucas, Steven Gerrard, Raul Meireles, and two young promising talents in Jay Speo and the captain of the England youth team in Jonjo Shelvey? Are they considerably better than what we have already, and especially for the considerable outlay which would be involved in a potential deal? Nah, not for me. I'm fairly happy with the CM, and I'm not sure we can justify that kind of money unless we are getting a superstar. Henderson sounds handy, but still I wouldn't see the sense in spending 15-20m on him when there are more pressing issues to address.

I'm hoping that the club is operating under the radar with regards to our transfer activity. Kenny said we'd be doing our business behind closed doors and I'm sure that's the case. I've been massively underwhelmed with our links so far, Henderson, Cattermole, Adam, Dann, Jones, Downing, so I'm hoping most of the above are smoke screens for other deals being lined up.

straight out of the Macia handbook of scouting that one Andy

Agreed. Did anyone genuinely think these sort of players were the manager's 1st choice top of the list when they were drafted in on frees or nominal fees? Are there really people on here who expected these players to transform our fortunes? Bargain basement deals are bound to bring in mediocrity with the odd exception.

Let's just enjoy the fact that we're no longer in the financial situation that led us to go for these type of deals and look forward to august

Agreed. Did anyone genuinely think these sort of players were the manager's 1st choice top of the list when they were drafted in on frees or nominal fees? Are there really people on here who expected these players to transform our fortunes? Bargain basement deals are bound to bring in mediocrity with the odd exception.

Let's just enjoy the fact that we're no longer in the financial situation that led us to go for these type of deals and look forward to august

Yes duh!