You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Did you see him when Boro beat United 4-1?

I love how you typed in 5-0 but had to edit it, I'm assuming after a google search. Haha Mr Knowledge!! And I dont really remember much of him from that game, I was busy watching Mendieta run the show.

If you think the fact he stayed at Boro out of loyalty and respect to the team, the chairman and the fans is cause to mock him, well we see things different on that score.

Hahahaha. Hahahahah!!!! So let me get this straight, the man who had no qualms leaving Excelsior for Feyenoord, Feyenoord for Coventry, Coventry for midlands rivals Aston Villa etc wouldnt leave Middlesbrough to join a big club because he was so loyal? This stuff is genius!

Proper mediocre that Boateng:

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Middlesbrough 1-1 Liverpool

Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Young, Wheater, Huth, Grounds, O'Neil, Boateng, Rochemback, Downing, Aliadiere (Hutchinson 73), Sanli.

Subs Not Used: Turnbull, Riggott, Lee, Johnson.

Booked: Huth.

Goals: Boateng 26.

Liverpool: Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Arbeloa (Babel 46), Gerrard, Mascherano, Benayoun (Alonso 59), Voronin (Kuyt 75), Torres.

Subs Not Used: Itandje, Agger.

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Middlesbrough's George Boateng 7.28 (on 90 minutes).

Oh my word, it gets better and better! He's a genius because he got the BBC sport player rater man of the match, the gift that keeps on giving. God knows what rating the world class Kevin Lisbie got for his hattrick against us.

Oh my word, it gets better and better! He's a genius because he got the BBC sport player rater man of the match, the gift that keeps on giving. God knows what rating the world class Kevin Lisbie got for his hattrick against us.

Ah right so the fact that Mascherano and Boateng were on the same pitch and the MEDIOCRE Boateng was the better player means nothing?

Face it, you've completely forgetten the games Boateng used to have against top sides where he always matched up against whatever the other top side had to offer, he was a quality player and you're simply wrong about him.

Look at how pathetic your counter is, in what world are Lisbie and Boateng comparable? Boateng was the captain of Boro for 6 years and for the most part their best player. It is well known to anyone that knows anything about him that his problem was being dragged down by his team playing shit at smaller clubs. He always raised his game to the level of the top teams, simply because he could.

How many times did Lisbie come off as the most important player against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or United?

Yeah thought so.

Slightly harsh to judge him in a game that he's unlikely to touch the ball.

Sevilla as a team have been complete gash all season. No-one has really stood out as being particularly good or particularly poor.

I'd be very surprised if Perotti was allowed to leave for the reported fee of £8m.

Anyone know how Diego Capel is doing at Sevilla these days? I think Spurs wanted to sign him for £12.5 mill when Comolli was there.

Ah right so the fact that Mascherano and Boateng were on the same pitch and the MEDIOCRE Boateng was the better player means nothing?

I dont judge players on one game otherwise Kevin Lisbie would be astonishing when he ripped apart Sami Hyypia and co and scored a hattrick against us. I do love how you cant big Boateng up by a move to a big club or a load of international caps so you have to say he got the BBC man of the match in a game v Liverpool once haha, you are funny I'll give you that.

Boateng was the captain of Boro for 6 years

Ohh look, he's resorted to lies now. Look up the name Gareth Southgate, it might ring a bell.

he was a quality player and you're simply wrong about him.

He was decent and thats why he never played for anything other than decent teams. The fact your arguments for him being amazing are he once had a good game v Liverpool and Man Utd, he got BBC man of the match v Liverpool once and a blatant lie about him being captain for 6 years says it all really.

Anyone know how Diego Capel is doing at Sevilla these days? I think Spurs wanted to sign him for £12.5 mill when Comolli was there.

Stuttered over the last few years and just hasn't kicked on at all. Shame as he looked a good player when he burst onto the scene.

Guest PurpleNose
I'd snap their hand off if he was though.

Yes, he'd be a good signing. Quick, skillful, not completely empty in the head, capable of playing left, right or centrally. Still young enough to improve.

I think Perotti has struggled this season in what is a poor Sevilla team.

He may well be thinking of leaving but as said, i'd be very surprised if it's for the kind of money currently being reported.

Wenger is supposedly a big fan of his.

Nice way of trying to get out of the lie you made up. Not transparent at all!

It wasn't a lie, it was a mistake, he was captain after Southgate left and it was ironically Southgate that decided he would let him go at the age of about 32-33? Good decision to be fair.

I was trying to get back on topic but you like the gobshites who keep bringing this up in every thread when I comment won't let it happen.

By continuing this you continue along with everyone to spoil the site for others and I'm trying to move away from that.

Feel free to comment again but from now on any JJ or GB comment will not be responded to by me, so feel free to point out how "mediocre" he was but maybe look up the word first before you over exaggerate how bad he was, something you're ironically having a pop at me for doing!

It wasn't a lie

But you being such the expert on Middlesbrough and him didnt realise? How can you watch Boateng so much, claim to know so much about him but get something like that wrong?

I was trying to get back on topic but you like the gobshites who keep bringing this up in every thread when I comment won't let it happen.

By continuing this you continue along with everyone to spoil the site for others and I'm trying to move away from that.

Feel free to comment again but from now on any JJ or GB comment will not be responded to by me

Dont play the victim, it's really cringeworthy, you're happy to reply all the time and would argue in to the night so dont start the "I'm trying to make the site better while you ruin it" stuff, your lies just got exposed and now you're backing down, the cowards way!

But you being such the expert on Middlesbrough and him didnt realise? How can you watch Boateng so much, claim to know so much about him but get something like that wrong?

Dont play the victim, it's really cringeworthy, you're happy to reply all the time and would argue in to the night so dont start the "I'm trying to make the site better while you ruin it" stuff, your lies just got exposed and now you're backing down, the cowards way!

Just won't let it lie will you? I made a mistake, a mistake I admitted to. I'm sure you never make mistakes though.

I'm not playing the victim I'm just bored to be honest, not to mention slightly hungover and this infests every thread and there has to be a point where it stops.

Your last line shows you're just on a wind up and I'm not rising to it.

Now that I've made my position clear on that point as well feel free to carry on as I won't be responding to anything you post that is not football related on the football forum.

Do you have anything to say about the topic at hand?

It's sad that he's going to Real I reckon.

We've been linked with R Madrid's Sergio Canales, as he hasn't got much game time with them since moving. The link is probably a bit far fetched and I know that Man U tried hard to sign him before he went to Real; anyone who has seen him play, what's his best position?

It's a real pity that Navas gets so homesick.

On this point, how did he end up going to the world cup? I'd imagine that was a big step for him.

He's over that problem now, he had therapy, hence why he was able to go to the world cup.

I dont think he'd be ready for a move to anyone outside of Spain just yet though.

The Daily Mail are reporting that Manchester United are in for Yann M'Vila of Rennes, a player that we have previously been linked with. I have only seen him play once for France against England at Wembley and he looked very impressive. If he is out of reach then I quite like Moussa Sissoko of Toulouse who looks a very good box to box midfielder.

Sir Alex Ferguson eyes £15m move for Yann M'Vila | Mail Online