You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Liverpool's search for a left back has lead them back to Osasuna's Spain international

Nacho Monreal.

Director of football strategy Damien Comolli watched the 26-year-old in action last week and was suitably impressed.

Monreal, who has four full caps, suffered a bad knee injury in December but has come back strongly. He was on Liverpool's list of summer targets and came under Arsenal's scrutiny prior to his injury.

Desperate to plug their problem left back position, Liverpool decided against a loan move for Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock in January and cooled their interest in Wigan's Maynor Figueroa but they have watched Newcastle's Jose Enrique and Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre.

Monreal would not come cheap, however, as Osasuna value him at about £9m.

Read more: Liverpool eye Spain defender Nacho Monreal | Mail Online

Seems to cover our criteria.

Just read that Dzsudzak has a release clause somewhere in between 10- 13 million euros. Plays as left winger/ forward ala Robben and is deadly with his left foot. He is definitely the best player in the Eredivisie right now after Suarez left and he could be the answer to our left side problems. IMS scouting says that we were interested in him in the winter but he signed a contract extension with a release clause so we could get him on the cheap and get a big player like Sanchez or Hazard for the right. He has scored 32 goals and has made 22 assists in the last two seasons- playing from the wing. Pretty decent record but we need to see how many penalties he has taken though.

Liverpool are expected to make a move for a left winger in the summer transfer window. They have not only been linked with Dzsudzsak in recent weeks, but also with Aston Villa attacker Ashley Young. However, the England international won't be available on the cheap and Liverpool are unlikely to pay over €25m (£21.6m) again after this winter's spending spree, making Dzsudzsak their top target.

Dzsudzsak himself recently declared that he wasn't interested in leaving PSV during the winter transfer window as he was not done learning yet in Holland. Nevertheless, he might be underestimating himself. The 24-year-old is not getting any serious opposition in the Eredivisie and needs to move on if he's to continue developing into a better player. Dzsudzsak has all the right attributes to succeed in a bigger league and he would become a starter at either Juventus or Liverpool.

Even though Dzsudzsak has only just signed a new deal without a minimum fee release clause, there's little doubt that PSV would allow him to move on if the price is right. Sporting director Marcel Brands has verbally agreed not to frustrate a potential move to England, Germany, Italy or Spain and it's very much likely that the Eredivisie will lose its third star player in the space of six months after the departures of Ibrahim Afellay to Barcelona and Luis Suarez to Liverpool.

PSV's Balazs Dzsudzsak could be the answer to Juventus' or Liverpool's left midfield problems - Goal.com

Just read that Dzsudzak has a release clause somewhere in between 10- 13 million euros. Plays as left winger/ forward ala Robben and is deadly with his left foot. He is definitely the best player in the Eredivisie right now after Suarez left .

I thought that was Bryan Ruiz? I'd love either of them tbh.

I haven't seen much from the Dzsudszak (Will never get that name right, ever) but a lot of people are raving about him. Many hold him as the best player in the dutch league, many had him above Suarez also..

Maybe a cheaper option than Hazard or Sanchez? I still want them, like, but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we had Hazard\Sanchez & Dzudsadakdkka on the wing either.

Goal every other game for a winger is pretty good... no matter what league.

I also liked the look of that Bryan Ruiz.

We've been linked with Georginio Wijnaldum as well. He's 20 but played as many games in the Netherlands as the Hungarian lad with the unpronounceable name (His role model is Dirk Kuyt, and he doesn't have the first touch of a prison rapist.)

To be honest I don't believe we can sign either Hazard or Sanchez. But we still have plenty of other very good options left in Dzudzsak or Ashley Young. I also believe we desperately need one great CB (possibly two - Scott Dann, Gary Cahill, Ryan Shawcross, Neven Subotic), a left back (Coentrao would be my #1 pick) and 2 central midfielders, one destroyer (M'Vila, Moussa Sissoko) and one creator (C Adam, Nuri Sahin maybe?). So that would mean we would need at least 5-6 new players if not more. But I think we all agree out current squad is pretty much shite we can't even put 3 passes on the floor..

What has happened to Jorge Fucile the Uruguayan - everyone was raving about him after the World Cup but he has not had a mention since then, has he had a shit season for Porto?

Was raving about him that much for a while that it was clear someone was about to tell me to shut up, so I stopped. No clue at all how he's still at Porto, would love for him to play for us.

After scoring from a penalty and a free kick today against Blackburn, Charlie Adam has scored his 10th goal for Blackpool this season. Even though he gets a fair share of his goals from penalties, that's a very impressive stat. He scores goals, creates them, is brilliant at set pieces; and is a leader. He'd be a great asset at LFC, and I hope we go sign him in the summer, along with signing a DM.

After scoring from a penalty and a free kick today against Blackburn, Charlie Adam has scored his 10th goal for Blackpool this season. Even though he gets a fair share of his goals from penalties, that's a very impressive stat. He scores goals, creates them, is brilliant at set pieces; and is a leader. He'd be a great asset at LFC, and I hope we go sign him in the summer, along with signing a DM.

Agreed. Charlie Adam reminds me a bit of Danny Murphy. I hope we sign him in the summer.