You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Souness

Razoray

Absolute bollocks.

Souness was commenting on a mens game and everybody including those who feel the need to be constantly offended knew what he meant.

It does nobody any favours when those shouting loudest about diversity, inclusivity etc behave like this and try and make an issue oit of what Souness said.

All these women journos and ex footballers getting these TV gigs need to remember they’ve made their careers on the back of the mens game.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in life it’s never over promote women. It never ends well. The time has come to take their voices away now.

stay classy San Diego 

• Upvote 1

Women's Football needs to fuck right off.

You'd be as well sticking a traffic cone in goals for a start and as for all these co-commentators prattling on like someone's blind auntie over actual Football, they should drown them like the witches they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m not sure what I’m missing here Souness Is commentating on a game played by men managed by men and yet female footballers are outraged like he did it a a woman’s game.The need to take offence is genuinely bizarre maybe if he said it’s a they/them game there would be no faux outrage 

What is sad is how writers like O'Neill claim that Souness, just with a few words, 'dulled my post-Euros glow'. Is it really that fragile?? Can the women's game not survive someone in the men's game saying something like that (about the men's game???)? If they bothered to think about it, they'd surely have a different response. They can't on the one hand claim that the women's game has built its own momentum and is now thriving in its own right, and on the other fuss over how many female pundits there are in the men's game and what is being said about the men's game. Demanding special treatment should have gone out of fashion with the end of coverture, for christ's sake!

1 hour ago, Chris said:

I think it's disgraced comedian we're not allowed to enjoy anymore, Louis C.K., who said we could go to any place and point in human history and they'd be like "table for two, Sir?"

You stopped watching Louis CK because of a bunch of whining twats.

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

All these women journos and ex footballers getting these TV gigs need to remember they’ve made their careers on the back of the mens game.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in life it’s never over promote women. It never ends well. The time has come to take their voices away now.

stay classy San Diego 

29 minutes ago, Mook said:

Women's Football needs to fuck right off.

You'd be as well sticking a traffic cone in goals for a start and as for all these co-commentators prattling on like someone's blind auntie over actual Football, they should drown them like the witches they are.

Am I missing the joke here?

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

What is sad is how writers like O'Neill claim that Souness, just with a few words, 'dulled my post-Euros glow'. Is it really that fragile?? 

Agreed. Totally pathetic.

Anybody who was offended yesterday needs to get off their high horse. 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

I haven’t stopped watching him.  He’s just not available to watch anymore unless you go directly to the source

He’s a great stand up but it’s hard to see past the forcing women to watch him masturbate thing. He can’t even use the Jerry Sadowitz defence of them knowing what they signed up for.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Why would anyone question whether either of them deserve to be there?

What qualifies carney to be there. No one had heard of her till she got the Leeds fans backs up. A media storm predictably followed and the tv companies made sure they come down on her side to avoid another shit storm. 
She’s fucking crap. Got the charity shield gig the other week and all she wanted to talk about was the womens cup final instead. Her opinions aren’t worth a carrot at this level. 

• Upvote 2