You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

No one and that means no one is bigger then the club. Once he handed that transfer request in, for me he's not a Liverpool player and should never wear the shirt again. If he doesn't go in the next few days and he's forced to say I won't celebrate any of his goals or anything he does for this club and I really hope he doesn't play again.

Even if he does a Rooney/Tevez and changes his mind, I'll still want him out. I can not support a player that doesn't want to be here.

You could've been a legend here Torres but you've decided to go down with names such as Owen. Fuck off out of my club

look on the bright side, hopefully he'll change his mind and hes just had his head turned after what can only be described as 3 years of hell for all of us, if not we'll be spending BIG (Even bigger thane we previously were)in the summer and we've just recruited a player who looks quality. remember the last time our star striker ditced us to go on a glorious trophy hunt. Liverpool FC > Liverpool FC Player

Guest barralad

He is making the biggest mistake of his career doing this god bless him.

As it turned out.. his armbard did not prove he was a Red.

But,WE are,and we will continue without him.

After this he will be considered among our many good players many of us have had the pleasure to watch over the years.

It could have been so differerent for him.He will regret it.I can not help but feel let down.

Mathewbet - IF we sell him; We should get Anelka as replacement - He's FAR more clinical than Torres and less injury prone to when settled in the team. Either that or REALLY call their bluff and demand Drogba - Doubt they'd settle for either and money; If our owners are really as hard arsed as they make out though? They'll do this and we'll see what Chelsea are Really made of regarding Torres.

Skaro - Doubt Chelsea will want to hand us a ready made replacement - I doubt WE will let Torres go without one either. That equals impasse which equals the bid breaking down and Chelsea saying to their fans - "see? We TRIED To get the best but they wouldn't come - It's not like we don't have the money - They just don't want to come here anymore....No idea why but we Did try"

In short? I think this bid is more about Chelsea being SEEN to bid than actually getting Torres - I believe Abramovich has thrown the toys out of the pram big time about the complaints re no world class players coming in there and this along with their bid for that Defender is his response once his little tantrum has calmed down; Whether or not the bids HAVE to succeed though? Well THAT is another matter entirely. It's the being seen to bid that counts here.........................

No one and that means no one is bigger then the club.

He doesn't think he's bigger than the club. He just wants to play somewhere else. If anything, he's shrinking from the challenge and wants an easier way out.

So be it.

But he's no fool. All he has to do is look to our dugout now, see Kenny and realise that much bigger and better players have graced this club and have been all the classier and humbler for the experience.

He ain't near the likes of Kenny. He's admitting he's not up to the task, whether he knows it or not.

I wish him luck in feeling bigger somewhere else.

Guest barralad
look on the bright side, hopefully he'll change his mind and hes just had his head turned after what can only be described as 3 years of hell for all of us, if not we'll be spending BIG (Even bigger thane we previously were)in the summer and we've just recruited a player who looks quality. remember the last time our star striker ditced us to go on a glorious trophy hunt. Liverpool FC > Liverpool FC Player

He wants to leave for fucks sake!.How can he ever wear our shirt again?

Monkey Plunkett? Benayoun broke his leg soon after signing for Chelsea - Just a thought but With Gerrard AND Carragher in the opposing team IF he's down there by the time we play them? Whose to say a repeat might not happen? And then? Whose wasted money on who? NOT us. Just saying like.............................

I'm with ya mate anything could happen, I'm just hoping the Suarez party doesn't turn into a Torres funeral if ye get me

was speaking to a lad in work earlier and was trying to think who we could get in to replace Torres... no players sprung to mind who are of the same calibre.

Maybe Llorente, but I'd imagine he's been lined up by the big clubs in Spain.

Personally I'd try for a double raid on Bilbao for Llorente and Martinez in the summer. Both class.

He doesn't think he's bigger than the club. He just wants to play somewhere else. If anything, he's shrinking from the challenge and wants an easier way out.

So be it.

But he's no fool. All he has to do is look to our dugout now, see Kenny and realise that much bigger and better players have graced this club and have been all the classier and humbler for the experience.

He ain't near the likes of Kenny. He's admitting he's not up to the task, whether he knows it or not.

I wish him luck in feeling bigger somewhere else.

This.

When we are back up there things like this, hicks and gillette etc will make it so sweet. It will take a little while but it will be so sweet.

I'm heartbroken knowing Torres wants to go, I thought he was special like Reina.

If he's going, I wish him well and appreciate his time here. Hope he does another Owen all the same.

I remember Keegan leaving and everyone thought he was irreplaceable. Look who we got! Thanks Kevin!

Perhaps Torres has only just indicated his desire to leave hence Chelsea only putting in a bid recently.

I have a feeling its been common knowledge for a while.I think it was after the Bolton game was shown on sky at the nighttime.

In the studio the guy hosting it said to it was either salako or bright oh tha twas more like Torres of old,he seems to be finding his form again.

Think it was Bright turned around and said or is it because the transfer window is just about to reopen.He had a smug look on his face when he said it,the one in the studio says you mean he wants to leave.

Bright or whoever it was replied something like well its a great time to rediscover your form to remind other managers that your still around,still with this smug look on face.

I thought at the time it was such odd thing to say and the grin on his face was a watch this space.

Pretty sure it was Bright who said it,but it was the smug look on his face saying he wants out.

He knew something that much is certain,so if he knew then pretty certain the club knew.

The only thing was RH was still boss then and was for two more games.

With Kennys arrival as boss maybe the club thought he would stay at least till summer and especially as no club had come in for him,until 2 days ago.

It really does stink the way all this has happend so close to end of window.