You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why does nobody in the media ever ask Roy about the sack?

Nathanzx

If Rafa lost 2 in a row, they's be asking him if he was considering his future. usually when these vultures smell blood they're in there like a shot so I'm at a loss as to why, when 95% of the fans want him gone, and he is breaking all sorts of records for worst form/points total in 50 years, then why is nobody asking the guy if he thinks his job is secure?

sorry for another hodgson thread but I am truly mystified why this guy is getting such an easy ride from the press when he is performing so badly and we all want him out?

it doesn't make sense

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Match of the Day ...just because of my masochism..wathicng everything twice.

Lawrenson and Hansen didnt mention at all that the manager should be under pressure/is under pressure. Although they have picked up on our abysmal away form.

What does he have on everyone?

Just watched Match of the Day ...just because of my masochism..wathicng everything twice.

Lawrenson and Hansen didnt mention at all that the manager should be under pressure/is under pressure. Although they have picked up on our abysmal away form.

What does he have on everyone?

I am absolutely amazed the media are not putting more pressure on this most mediocre of managers, the myth they peddle is he inherited a mess so it's not his fault we are shite...........the squad of players we have is more than capable of challenging for a champions league place, this guy has lost at home to northampton and blackpool and wins an average of 1 away game a decade, we play awful football, he has signed awful players and got rid of some good ones plus he undermines the club and players in the media constantly............................................oh and almost every fan wants him out yet not a whisper from the media, all the "Roy out" stuff is coming from the fans and discussion forums like this.

How the fcuk is Roy managing to keep them all onside? As I said before usually these guys would do anything for their pound of flesh?

Why are they going so easy on him?

Is it

a) he is old and "nice" and gives them long rambling answers to their questions

b) he is English

c) he is a Machievallian old goat who has befriended the key journos so they'll write nice things about them, has befriended the other big influential opinion-makers like Harry and Ginsoak who influence the patsy sky media so much and he has befriended officialdom too so no doubt the English job is his when he eventually decides to move on - therefore he is not really nice at all but a scheming false old man who'd do anything to stay in his job, contradicting himself constantly when he realises last weeks press conference didn't go down well with the fans, he does a 180 turn the next week to try to placate. On top of all that can we stretch the conspiracy so far that beyond their obvious xenophobia the media are complicit in the descent of our great club into medicocrity and actively want us to see our demise so are inactive in terms of rocking Roy's rickety old boat.

I honestly have no idea how he does it, 95% of us want his head on a platter and the best the media can do is say his away record ain't great and he is cleaning up Rafa's mess. Truly mystifying stuff

Guest San Don

I dont think its anything to do with him being english or the press wanted him appointed (really?).

Its just not the Liverpool way to sack a manager off so soon after he's been appointed. Anyway, if you read some of the newspaper reports on the net there is paper speculation about his job having been on the line \ still being on the line even if they dont ask him directly.

What puzzles me in all this though is if NESV and John henry are the winners they tell us they are, then why arent alarm bells ringing in NY right now?

Despite JWH having personally spoken to the players immediately after the clubs purchase, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see the players are going through the motions in the away games.

If I were JWH, I'd be livid at the way the team wins at home but seems plays abject football away. JWH and NESV should have grasped the nettle when they bought the club and ousted hodgson. Everyone would have said ok, new owners want their own man so he had to go but, they're just making a rod for their own back the way this is shaping up.

We need to spend in the january window and could have some money if reports that johnson wants to leave. But ffs, I wouldnt give hodgson a penny in funds especially if they are going to change manager sooner or later.

Guest San Don

I dont think its anything to do with him being english or the press wanted him appointed (really?).

Its just not the Liverpool way to sack a manager off so soon after he's been appointed. Anyway, if you read some of the newspaper reports on the net there is paper speculation about his job having been on the line \ still being on the line even if they dont ask him directly.

What puzzles me in all this though is if NESV and John henry are the winners they tell us they are, then why arent alarm bells ringing in NY right now?

Despite JWH having personally spoken to the players immediately after the clubs purchase, you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see the players are going through the motions in the away games.

If I were JWH, I'd be livid at the way the team wins at home but seems plays abject football away. JWH and NESV should have grasped the nettle when they bought the club and ousted hodgson. Everyone would have said ok, new owners want their own man so he had to go but, they're just making a rod for their own back the way this is shaping up.

We need to spend in the january window and could have some money if reports that johnson wants to leave. But ffs, I wouldnt give hodgson a penny in funds especially if they are going to change manager sooner or later.

^^ nah I don't think it runs that deep.

Fleet street journos who've been in the game a while have built up solid contacts with the English managers - much more than the foreign managers - that's why people like Redknapp never gets called out and Joe Royle is considered a 'good egg'.

It's in their own best interests to maintain good relations with the managers who the other managers are fond of and are relatively unthreatened by.

Because he puts men on the post and is friends with Harry Bassett, didn't you get the memo? This is a country where Sam Allardyce is considered a worthy successor to Rinus Michels.

Now, now. Jumpers for goalposts....

I was thinking yesterday that he gets a very easy ride from the press. My worry is that we are falling so far from the radar as far as being in title contention, that nobody's arsed anymore.

I don't think it's that nobody is arsed, it's just that we all know where the problems are, but it's up to the new owners to deal with it.