You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

Being pragmatic, that performance in itself wasn't enough to condemn Roy. As much as I was loath to get rid of Rafa, there were some truly abject displays - particularly away from home - during his tenure. It's just that under Hodgson it's been consistent, it's been constant, yet taking yesterday in isolation, we got the right result. It's interesting, however, that most Bolton fans seem to be of the opinion that they were defeated by the worst Liverpool team they've ever seen. That said, perhaps more than a few Middlesbrough supporters would hold the 08-09 Liverpool FC team in similar regard.

Chelsea is a big game - Another meek capitulation ala Blackpool, Man City and Everton and no one can make the case that he should remain at the helm without looking like a fool with an agenda.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't godawful.

And it was the 2nd away win in the league all year.

Some might say it was indicative of a problem that already existed and has yet to be resolved. Some say it never will be under Hodgson and that's fair enough going on the stats.

Some might like to wait and see if that actually is the case.

Some might just go "waaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaah, we won, waaaaaaaah" and keep on hyperventilating.

Different strokes.

I would say out of them I am in between point one and point two.

With regard to yesterday and in the context of the season to date the result was all important and has to supercede any concerns about the performance.

Unfortunately the overall quality of the squad at present is suffering from two years dis-investment with world class players like Alonso (weeps) and Mascherano being replaced by cheaper inferior options and as others have noted our remaining world class talents are suffering from a chronic loss of form not helped by the managers questionable tactics - particularly in hanging Torres out to dry up front.

Hodgson has been responsible for some truly awful decisions in his 10 minutes here and whilst Poulsen and Koncheskey are widely quoted the decision to not even take a look at technically the most gifted player in the squad in Acquilani was utterly incomprehensible.

In the short term I would like to see our first eleven play against Napoli in order to put the group to bed although with Chelsea on the horizon that is probably a forlorn hope.

Presuming we put out a similar team to the one we fielded in Naples we may just scrape the win but I cannot see us getting anything from Chelsea.

Time to go Roy.

A new manager, a left back, a winger and a second striker asap please John W.

This one win away in 2010 seems to be repeated frequently, I think we won 5 away last year in the 09/10 season and Bolton was one. In fact I don't think we have lost at Bolton for a few years now five on the bounce is it, seems like a tricky away win.

It shows how those expectations have been altered.

This one win away in 2010 seems to be repeated frequently, I think we won 5 away last year in the 09/10 season and Bolton was one. In fact I don't think we have lost at Bolton for a few years now five on the bounce is it, seems like a tricky away win.

It shows how those expectations have been altered.

Altered from the last time we won there, 1-2 down when it was 11 v 11 against a team managed by Gary Megson?

Guest ShoePiss
Kenny haung ffs not kenny dalglish I ment, sorry should have been more clear

Even with that explanation it doesn't make any sense. I assume rafacult is someone who wanted Benitez to stay, fair enough.

It appears you think people who wanted Benitez to stay get annoyed if Liverpool win, if that was what you were trying to say then you're a mong.

No idea what the lies thing is all about.

I've just seen this quote:

Quote:

"You cannot find a better person for that than Kenny. I told him I was disappointed he went for the manager's job because for me he should be working for Liverpool on a permanent basis, long after I leave for years to come assisting all future Liverpool managers. When it was mooted the club wanted me for the job I made it clear to Kenny I wantedhim on board and it wouldn't be like it was with Benitez where you are here in name but never allowed to set foot into Melwood and we don't want anything to do with you."

WTF is he on about?

I've just seen this quote:

Quote:

"You cannot find a better person for that than Kenny. I told him I was disappointed he went for the manager's job because for me he should be working for Liverpool on a permanent basis, long after I leave for years to come assisting all future Liverpool managers. When it was mooted the club wanted me for the job I made it clear to Kenny I wantedhim on board and it wouldn't be like it was with Benitez where you are here in name but never allowed to set foot into Melwood and we don't want anything to do with you."

WTF is he on about?

How can I like this man? I just can't. I really don't think I can.

Even with that explanation it doesn't make any sense. I assume rafacult is someone who wanted Benitez to stay, fair enough.

It appears you think people who wanted Benitez to stay get annoyed if Liverpool win, if that was what you were trying to say then you're a mong.

No idea what the lies thing is all about.

The lies? the same people who told us Haung was our saviour well the same lot were the people telling the lies about our players and our owners last week. The same people who are gloating when we concede a goal, the same ones obseessed with everything Benitez AKA the Rafacult, I've no problem with people who wanted Rafa to stay, my issue is people who tell lies to discredit our owners and unsettele players and take pleasure in our bad form so they can get at the current manager, who may have not been the right appointment accepted but some of the shit been said about him is farcacle

The lies? the same people who told us Haung was our saviour well the same lot were the people telling the lies about our players and our owners last week. The same people who are gloating when we concede a goal, the same ones obseessed with everything Benitez AKA the Rafacult, I've no problem with people who wanted Rafa to stay, my issue is people who tell lies to discredit our owners and unsettele players and take pleasure in our bad form so they can get at the current manager, who may have not been the right appointment accepted but some of the shit been said about him is farcacle

Does anybody have any idea what this means?

Get on your farcycle and ride!!! ( the late Freddie Mercury)

Guest ShoePiss

Who the fuck have you been talking to? None of what you're saying makes any sense.

I'm stumped.

EDIT: What the fuck have you been drinking?

As someone else said, Mourihno taking off a centre half for a striker is an attacking sub, a 2nd striker for a forward is hardly throwing caution to the wind, especially when it was possibly forced with a Cole injury.

Exactly.

I'll put it another way. Moving Merieles onto the wing to replace the injured Cole, and asking Ngog to do Gerard's job (i.e hold it up back to goal) which our captain is not very good at, is hardly an inspiring attacking sub.

He made that exact same sub against Blackburn when we were winning. Was he going more attacking then?

We got this result through grit and determination, and I'm 100% sure our fans had a large part to play.

I'm also 100% sure, it weren't down to Roy's tactical nous.

The only footballing credit I'm dishing out is to the majority of the players who've pulled their socks up and shown what it means to them to be playing for the shirt.

Exactly.

I'll put it another way. Moving Merieles onto the wing to replace the injured Cole, and asking Ngog to do Gerard's job (i.e hold it up back to goal) which our captain is not very good at, is hardly an inspiring attacking sub.

He made that exact same sub against Blackburn when we were winning. Was he going more attacking then?

We got this result through grit and determination, and I'm 100% sure our fans had a large part to play.

I'm also 100% sure, it weren't down to Roy's tactical nous.

The only footballing credit I'm dishing out is to the majority of the players who've pulled their socks up and shown what it means to them to be playing for the shirt.

Well said