You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

llego

I think it is probably more a measure of how bad the football we've been served up so far this season has been, but I actually quite enjoyed watching this one. Lots of individual errors in the first half (Gerrard and Torres providing many of them) made for a disjointed performance, but Kyrgiakos and Skrtel were handling their rugby playing strikers very well, despite provocation, particularly from the walking barrel that is Davies.

The familiar weaknesses were still there - my surprise when Konchesky does something right, the lack of ability to get a player to the line and cross a ball etc - but we seemed to at least be pushing and there was promise in the way that Lucas, Maxi and Meireles were linking the passes together in the middle.

Second half we played some nice football at times (again, not sure whether this is an objective measure, or simply in comparison to some of the horrors on display in earlier games) and Maxi deserved his goal. Really wish his earlier effort, that he both began and finished, had gone in, as that would have been quite something.

Two wins in a row. I'm not hanging out the bunting but after the Everton game I was really struggling to see where the next win was coming from. Progress, of a sort, I guess.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a few on here are being a bit unfair tonight.

Bolton's a hard place to go and win. Nobody goes there and scores a bag full. They're well organised, well drilled, and physically imposing. We played well in periods today and looked fairly solid. And whether the substitution was enforced or not, Roy made the decision to go all out for the win when a few weeks back he'd have most probably settled for a point. We stepped it up in the final 20 and I always had the feeling that a goal was coming.

I know it's a win but we were very lucky yesterday. I thought our midfield sat abit deep and we offered nothing going forward. The constant high ball toward Torres as a target man did not help especially when 1 or 2 defenders close him down pretty fast. Bolton pressed and attacked unlike blackburn, how many time we lose the 2nd ball? Even if Roy made the decision to go out for a win, to me it's clear yesterday the game had a draw written all over it before maxi scored.

Well it has got a little bit better the last couple of games, and hopefully it will continue to get better.

We've been awful, but if we are going to get better it's going to be gradually.

None of that has any bearing on whether this season has been good enough so far - it hasn't - or if Roy will be good enough in the long run - he won't.

Still at least it's a little better.

A little better in what sense? Luck on our side? We have a handball from Carra & a push on Davis by Soto not given to Bolton? I thought we went back pre-blackburn game when facing a team who pressed & attacked us, sit deep at times, high ball all over esp to Torres, losing 2nd ball, offer nothing going forward. And if Bolton won yesterday i thought they deserve it. Is this the type of football we will see us playing against a team who pressed at us?

A little better in what sense? Luck on our side? We have a handball from Carra & a push on Davis by Soto not given to Bolton? I thought we went back pre-blackburn game when facing a team who pressed & attacked us, sit deep at times, high ball all over esp to Torres, losing 2nd ball, offer nothing going forward. And if Bolton won yesterday i thought they deserve it. Is this the type of football we will see us playing against a team who pressed at us?

Don't let your dislike of all things Hodgson blind you. If anything Bolton sat deeper than we did. We are a side with our star men battling to find form. Hodgson IMO is not the man to take us forward but it's not his fault that Gerrard and Torres are both battling with form and that we have no pace on either side of midfield. As for Bolton deserving a win- behave yourself. In all honesty neither side did enough to convince me they deserved to win it was a piec of class that created a winner out of nothing.

Good result. Most of our players are giving 100% whilst probably being unsure of (and maybe handicapped by?) the manager tactics but Torres is really starting to annoy me. Yes he created the goal but his overall performance yesterday and all this year have been really half arsed and sulky in my opinion. I always had him down as someone who'd give their all no matter what but I'm starting to change that view.

Ha!

Priceless.

Yay!! The original spastic appears.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/2255134-post324.html

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/2251651-post61.html

Theres me wanting Rafa gone, I dont resent Hodgson because he isnt Rafa, I resent him because he's absolutely woeful. A real shame you arent interested in any discussion on our games and its all "Anyone who liked Benitez is a prick" digs.

Trouble for you is that you think Search is there just for the posts you want to isolate.

Any time Rafa even gets mentioned negatively you go absolutely apeshit!

You're transparent.

The irony of you saying someone goes apeshit when a certain name is mentioned. Fucking hell!!

I tell you what I go mad at, cunts like you who meet any criticism of Roy with "Rafa's gone, get over it" and the like, i've shown I wanted Rafa gone and I want Roy gone. Its not Benitez v Hodgson its whats best for Liverpool and im sick of being accused of otherwise, and the snide digs at others on here.

The thing with you is, you're so stuck in your absolute hatred of Benitez that you cant grasp others dont feel the same and think Hodgson is a hero because he's not Rafa. It feels like im reading you have a nervous breakdown.

Retarded, spastic, cunts?

Who's having the breakdown again?

I'm sitting reading this shite, shite thread with a box of popcorn and hurray, I've got another week's entertainment.

Go and use the Search again, Hodgson and Hero.

When you find my name, get back to me.

We both know you won't.

Don't let your dislike of all things Hodgson blind you. If anything Bolton sat deeper than we did. We are a side with our star men battling to find form. Hodgson IMO is not the man to take us forward but it's not his fault that Gerrard and Torres are both battling with form and that we have no pace on either side of midfield. As for Bolton deserving a win- behave yourself. In all honesty neither side did enough to convince me they deserved to win it was a piec of class that created a winner out of nothing.

would not be the case under a decent manager imo

would not be the case under a decent manager imo

I would also like to think that but there is no guarantee is there? We have a shite squad not helped by this and the previous manager's buys. Having read thorugh the thread I see a lot of people still having a go at Hodgson for having the temerity to get a result at Bolton. FFS yes he is IMO the wrong choice but we actually fuckin' won yesterday and the impression I get is that some posters would sooner we had lost.

I would also like to think that but there is no guarantee is there? We have a shite squad not helped by this and the previous manager's buys. Having read thorugh the thread I see a lot of people still having a go at Hodgson for having the temerity to get a result at Bolton. FFS yes he is IMO the wrong choice but we actually fuckin' won yesterday and the impression I get is that some posters would sooner we had lost.

dont think thats the case mate just it was still a god awful performance and is an indication of how bad we have been when that is considered to be a big improvement away from home, I'm glad we have won but also worried in that it could be detrimental and give Roy more time as he clearly isn't the man for the job

It wasn't godawful.

And it was the 2nd away win in the league all year.

Some might say it was indicative of a problem that already existed and has yet to be resolved. Some say it never will be under Hodgson and that's fair enough going on the stats.

Some might like to wait and see if that actually is the case.

Some might just go "waaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaah, we won, waaaaaaaah" and keep on hyperventilating.

Different strokes.