You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson doesn't play a high line so it really doesn't matter.

Yes but if results / performances carry on as they have been and we get taken over - Hodgson might not be in a job too much longer. He certainly won't be if we keep defending deep.

A new manager should be looking to play a high line and if so, Carragher needs to be willing to do this.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because you're not trying to address both sides. You only seem to be concerned about pulling up those who think Rafa can do no wrong. You never comment on posts that slag him off to ridiculous levels. You only seem to care about cleaning up one side.

I'll focus more on defending the person that's here rather than the person that's long gone, whose idolators are still causing a shitload of aggro.

And defending a fella that is (still) being accused of orchestrating a plot against his own manager with fuck all to back it up other than spite and a spurned lover's virulence.

Bruce over Kenwyn Jones arguably had a point. But it was also rumoured that Carragher and Gerrard helped tap up Robbie Keane - the Tottenham player. Was that dignified?

But with that class and dignity shite that Carragher was coming out with, he sounds more like an Everton manager than anything else. Maybe he should replace Moyes at Everton, and then he can ask Rafa who he thinks those "senior sources" are that went behind his back and effectively got him sacked, and then replaced by a man who isn't up to the job.

WTF, seriously WTF ???????

I'll focus more on defending the person that's here rather than the person that's long gone, whose idolators are still causing a shitload of aggro.

And defending a fella that is (still) being accused of orchestrating a plot against his own manager with fuck all to back it up other than spite and a spurned lover's virulence.

I can't deny that that's the case, only that people who supported Rafa for genuine reasons, dislike Purslow for genuine reasons, think Gerrard is a bit of a tit for genuine reasons, all get lumped in together with those being hysterical ninnies.

And those (yourself not included) who slated him to the heavens now feel they have the right to pontificated and be condescending to those who wanted him to stay, because those who hysterically slagged him off got what they wanted.

Yes but if results / performances carry on as they have been and we get taken over - Hodgson might not be in a job too much longer. He certainly won't be if we keep defending deep.

A new manager should be looking to play a high line and if so, Carragher needs to be willing to do this.

Carragher might well be able to do this if he was surrounded by a centre back who was good in the air and quick, and full backs that had some idea of their position.

Paul's right in saying surround Carra with top class and he'll still be very good, but he is a couple of years past his peak, no denying.

I can't deny that that's the case, only that people who supported Rafa for genuine reasons, dislike Purslow for genuine reasons, think Gerrard is a bit of a tit for genuine reasons, all get lumped in together with those being hysterical ninnies.

And those (yourself not included) who slated him to the heavens now feel they have the right to pontificated and be condescending to those who wanted him to stay, because those who hysterically slagged him off got what they wanted.

Like I said earlier, I enjoyed the more lucid less schoolgirly defence of Rafa that this place was noted for. I didn't agree with a lot of it, but it was still persuasive.

Lot of people will just nod at something they agree with rather than post and actually say so/thank the poster.

Can't deny that's one of my (numerous) faults!

You used the word 'agenda' before, another poster on a different thread said 'ulterior motives'. I asked him what he meant and didn't get an answer. I'm curious what people think I'm up to.

I think some people are crazy, of course, but as it gets harder and harder to determine who actually means what they say and who is just pissing people off for its own sake or simply cracked it's driving more sensible, sincere people (for whatever 'side' they belong to) away.

I would echo most of what BBI has said here.

I should say, though, that I did hesitate to use the word "agenda" because of it's implications on here. However, in response to the increasing deification you've made quite a few, in my view, unsubstantiated accusations and, until you cleared it up in here, it was taking the shape of an agenda/mad crusade/consuming obsession/etc.

No, didn't think so sadly.

Because I didn't reply within seconds? I was having my lunch.

Of course it applies. It applies whoever the manager is. It's hugely divisive and, more to the point, focused attention away from the owners.

The manager shouldn't be immune from criticism but at the same time the manager shouldn't be slagged off to the levels where people are making up shit about him rubbing his hands together in glee.

Like I said earlier, I enjoyed the more lucid less schoolgirly defence of Rafa that this place was noted for. I didn't agree with a lot of it, but it was still persuasive.

This place was noted for the sheer amount of, often personal, abuse Rafa took on here. Very enjoyable.

Because I didn't reply within seconds? I was having my lunch.

Of course it applies. It applies whoever the manager is. It's hugely divisive and, more to the point, focused attention away from the owners.

The manager shouldn't be immune from criticism but at the same time the manager shouldn't be slagged off to the levels where people are making up shit about him rubbing his hands together in glee.

Typing on my iPhone that was reason for separate post earlier, should have been in the same post sorry.

What has rumours about Rafa rubbing his fingers/hands together have to do with me? That post almost seems pointed like I started it.....

Carragher might well be able to do this if he was surrounded by a centre back who was good in the air and quick, and full backs that had some idea of their position.

Paul's right in saying surround Carra with top class and he'll still be very good, but he is a couple of years past his peak, no denying.

Yes he might - but then again you could say the same about Skrtel and Agger - the later being better on the ball than Carragher.

He is untouchable and at present he probably should be - certainly if we are playing deep as we are. However if we get new investment and decide to play with a higher line, then I think his position might be under threat.

Typing on my iPhone that was reason for separate post earlier, should have been in the same post sorry.

What has rumours about Rafa rubbing his fingers/hands together have to do with me? That post almost seems pointed like I started it.....

In that case I apologise as I know it wasn't you. I was illustrating my point as to the lengths some people went to to discredit our former manager. And trying to point out that whilst some of those praising Rafa took it to ridiculous levels, there were just as many on the other side doing exactly the same.

Hamstrung, I want to hate you, but those tits make me forgive.