You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic off to Fulham

Marko121

I guess this is Malcolm Elias doing, didn't they take Butchmann ? Earlier this year ?

They'll likely get a better chance of playing, but only time will tell if they are a genuine loss.

Tis slightly worrying that 2 of those are highly rated and we've such a thin squad now they may have been called on.

They indeed bought Buchtmann, but have since sold him to FC Köln.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

Never struck me as the type for developing youth and I think his view at Liverpool is short-termist (wise as it's not the board but the fans that'll turn on him). Hope not as there's been years of squabbling and a few quid thrown at the academy. Chelsea managers seem to have the same problem, attempt to develop youth and it'll probably cost your job.

Roy Hodgson should be fired.. he's crap.. We'll never win anything with an English manager.. He's gonna sell all foreign top talents and buy bullshit english players.. He's already sold nemeth, upset mavinga while keeping rubbish like spearing in the first team..

This post made the baby Jesus cry.

Pacheco, Ayala, Kelly and Gulacsi and possibly Amoo are the likely ones from this current crop. There is definately more potential in the U18 group which includes the likes of Ince, Suso, Silva, Sterling, Ngoo, Coady, Wisdom etc. If you include Shelevy and Wilson the youth system is probably the best it has been in a generation - possibly the only thing heading in the right direction at the moment.

I guess this is Malcolm Elias doing, didn't they take Butchmann ? Earlier this year ?

They'll likely get a better chance of playing, but only time will tell if they are a genuine loss.

Tis slightly worrying that 2 of those are highly rated and we've such a thin squad now they may have been called on.

yes and fucked him off already.

Pacheco, Ayala, Kelly and Gulacsi and possibly Amoo are the likely ones from this current crop. There is definately more potential in the U18 group which includes the likes of Ince, Suso, Silva, Sterling, Ngoo, Coady, Wisdom etc. If you include Shelevy and Wilson the youth system is probably the best it has been in a generation - possibly the only thing heading in the right direction at the moment.

I quite agree. It's an exciting time in that respect.

Konchesky, 29, will arrive in a £3m package, consisting of promising young Liverpool players Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic moving in the opposite direction plus cash.

So, just to summarise this deal then:

2 young players with great promise and potential + a few million quid

=

a 29 year old distinctly average full back with no potential for improvement

Another cracking deal there! File that with the £13million Mascherano sale. Come back Rick, all is forgiven.

So, just to summarise this deal then:

2 young players with great promise and potential + a few million quid

=

a 29 year old distinctly average full back with no potential for improvement

Another cracking deal there! File that with the £13million Mascherano sale. Come back Rick, all is forgiven.

I'll be pretty sure both these players like buchtman before won't make it in the prem, both fail to impress at reserve level.

Malcom see's something in them, but then again we took plessis from Lyons reserves, that worked out well.

Mascherano was £16m up front with £6m in add ons

Roy Hodgson should be fired.. he's crap.. We'll never win anything with an English manager.. He's gonna sell all foreign top talents and buy bullshit english players.. He's already sold nemeth, upset mavinga while keeping rubbish like spearing in the first team..

I know. Why does he keep starting spearing? If had any idea at all spearing would be on the bench. Also, english managers have never won us anything.

Dalle Valle struggled last season and didn't look anywhere as good as someone like N'gog.

He was brilliant in the u18s though, so i'd have liked him to stay for another year and see how well he adapted to reserve football.

Agree, He did struggle but remember when he came into the team they were struggling as a whole with everyone that was out on loan, up with the first team, etc. There's no way you could judge his true level from his appearances last year.