You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Man City Firesale

Red Banjo

Rubbish. Zabeleta is a solid player in a weak defence. He would be a great option instead of Johnson when we choose to keep it a bit tighter at the back or when he gets his regular injury.

Edit: I was kind on you there. That post of yours was absolute dog shite.

We will have to agree to disagree mate, anytime I have seen zabaleta he looks like a liability,he is poor in possesion and dives into tackles, I seem to remember him getting a few red cards aswell and i think one against us.

Since mancini went there he has been looking to sign a right back and played him mostly in midfield and man city fans I know hate him, thankfully we wont be signing him anyway.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only paper talk granted, but i heard Bellamy was available for £4m

At that price could we afford not to be interested?

The thing that worries me is the opportunity to grab a bargain might only happen this once, so we should be certainly monitoring the situation with the decent players.

The big thing for us is that the players wont have to move house being down the road an all.

i would've taken Bellamy before we got Cole and Jovanovic but not now

would have Kompany or De Jong to replace Masch, De Jong is better but Kompany is more versatile then if available for a decent price and willing to take a wage cut i'd have Adebayor

aswell as either Sylvinho or Garrido as second choice left back providing we get a decent first choice

i would've taken Bellamy before we got Cole and Jovanovic but not now

would have Kompany or De Jong to replace Masch, De Jong is better but Kompany is more versatile then if available for a decent price and willing to take a wage cut i'd have Adebayor

aswell as either Sylvinho or Garrido as second choice left back providing we get a decent first choice

There is all type's of wrong in that bit.

There's 160,000 reasons why he wont join us. I wont begin with reasons why we shouldn't sign him

Onuoha and, at a push, Bridge wouldn't be bad for us.

I'd hate any of Bellamy, Wright Phillips or Ireland to sign for us. The first two have built their careers on having the the odd month long purple patch every couple of years. Ireland - I work with a few (match going) City fans and not one has got a good word to say about him and all would gladly get rid to us.

When you look at the money spent on the players potentially being shifted out the door, you can only conclude that they have pissed the Sheiks money down the drain thus far.

I wonder how many of the players they sell in the next few years they will continue to have to contribute to their wages for.

If Mascherano goes then De Jong would be a good signing.

Santa Cruz would be a good signing as a lone striker or alongside Torres.

Bellamy is a mad little twat but i would still sign him back again as a striker or from the left cutting in.

Onohua (sp) looked a good prospect and able to play in defence plus has plenty of pace about him.

It all depends on the price of the players but there is a few who i would look at.

Just to make Code explode?

Guest TesticleOReilly
Just to make Code explode?

Code won't be on for days, he found out Alonso won the German Grand Prix today and he's spunked himself into unconsciousness.

I'd have the Klingon at left back, I don't care how hideous he is and how much of a mercenary cunt he is. He's a very good player. I'd have Bellamy in a heartbeat as well, the angry little bastard. We should never have sold him in the first place.

If/when Mascherano goes, I wouldn't be too unhappy with De Jong either, but I think there are better players out there.