You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beers Of The World Bar in Liverpool

grazywalker

I dont know it, but I'm definately going if the name is anything to go by! Wheres Stanley Street?

A couple off Sir Thomas like.

It's the Dale street end of Stanley Street, called the Bier Keller I think. Deffo gettin' a visit soon.

Just walked past this today at the top or bottom of Stanley Street .It only opened yesterday .

I did not go in as had the kids with me but I just wondered if anyone of you social drinkers out there amy know more about it .

Ta Ta .

Weird. I walked past it for the first time today. And I had much the same thoughts.

Are you me?

Hell - Who were those kids I was with?

There was an article about it in the Echo late on last week & it certainly sounded like it was worth a visit.

Any oldies like me on here will, on hearing the name Bier Keller, be immediately transported back to the Hofenbraus at the bottom of Brownlow Hill with its infamous ' Big Sausage Nights' and moving on to Scamps next door when it closed.

There was an article about it in the Echo late on last week & it certainly sounded like it was worth a visit.

Any oldies like me on here will, on hearing the name Bier Keller, be immediately transported back to the Hofenbraus at the bottom of Brownlow Hill with its infamous ' Big Sausage Nights' and moving on to Scamps next door when it closed.

I'd steer clear of any venues on Stanley Street offerring Big Sausage Nights if I was you . . . . . . .

Just visited the place on my lunch hour to see what it's like. From first impressions I'm not entirely convinced it should have opened just yet. I say this because the decor is a little bare. Now I know new places need a while to get a decent ambience and put their own stamp on a blank canvas but it just looks empty. It has been painted all white and has very few items on the wall that show beer mats and adverts from around the world, which are few and far between. Having visited many beer cellars on tours of Poland I'd have hoped they'd have tried to replicate it somewhat.

There is no music system in place, just an iPod with a small docking station. I was one of only 3 people in there and could barely hear it so god knows what it would be like full.

Additionally the selection is not as diverse as I'd have thought, although comparing it to the established fly in the loaf I'm being unfair. A lot of the offerings are available in many other bars or supermarkets. The menu's are A4 paper with the beers printed on and laminated so hopefully when they complete their beer line up in the future they'll invest in decent ones. A trivial point I know.

On the positive side there is room for improvement and it's a decent sized boozer, i just hope they have enough time to build a clientele and a good atmosphere.

I'll visit again in the future but for now I'll stick to the fly in the loaf.

Here's a pic of my beer and a bit of the bar. Couldn't take any more or any better as the barmaid was watching me and the other customers like a hawk.

1d3282e0.jpg