You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Some on here have been rather vocal about getting a British manager this time.

Personally speaking, I couldn't give a fuck if he's Martian. I want the best man for the job; not a person that happened to exit a vagina on the same piece of demarcated territory that I was.

I enjoyed that video and i've always enjoyed watching his teams play. Whether he could adapt his style to the Premier League I don't know, but as I said yesterday, if Kenny isn't taking over then I hope it will be Pellegrini (although i'm expecting Hodgson).

So am I right in saying judging by that video his preferred formation is 4-2-2-2?

All our threat under Rafa was central, might be the same under Pellegrini if that's true.

So am I right in saying judging by that video his preferred formation is 4-2-2-2?

All our threat under Rafa was central, might be the same under Pellegrini if that's true.

Considering we have no wingers I think we have no othe options.

Can he get the premiership though, you know, the league where they play football different to everyone else because we are sooo special and only and an Englishman born and bred can understand it.

Well Rafa couldn't...

You're a hypocrite.

I haven't said that only Enlgish managers can get to grips with this league.

But I personally don't think Rafa ever did.

He was able to get our team up in big European games against Barca, Real, Chelsea etc - but how hard is it to motivate Gerrard, Torres and any player to get up for the big games?

But week in, week out in the Premiership we rarely saw him get the best out of the players and I think his cautious approach hindered the team.

How is that hypocritical?

He was able to get our team up in big European games against Barca, Real, Chelsea etc - but how hard is it to motivate Gerrard, Torres and any player to get up for the big games?

But week in, week out in the Premiership we rarely saw him get the best out of the players and I think his cautious approach hindered the team.

How is that hypocritical?

I didn't start chatting about Rafa.

If people want to debate whether he should or shouldn't have gone - start a thread on it. But lets not take over this thread.

Well Rafa couldn't...

See.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He came within a bad disallowed goal and a draw into a win from winning the title, mate. He did it whilst having his hands tied.

Out of interest, who was the last English manager to win the league?

Strange statements. Nearly the same about Mascherano and Pellegrini. Could it be a mix up in the press?

Piccioli about a possible move for Mascherano to Inter: We are evaluating the move hard and in the next few days we will have a new meeting to better establish the details of this transfer deal."

Piccioli about Pellegrini: "We are evaluating the operation and will soon have a new meeting to better define the final details of the contract."

See.

No I don't.

He came within a bad disallowed goal and a draw into a win from winning the title, mate. He did it whilst having his hands tied.

Out of interest, who was the last English manager to win the league?

Howard Wilkinson.

But I am not saying only English people can get a grip of this league, I am just saying Rafa couldn't in my opinion.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Howard Wilkinson.

But I am not saying only English people can get a grip of this league

Nah, I'm not saying you are. I'm expressing the opposite. An English manager hasn't won the league since 1992. That doesn't suggest us English can do it, let alone the only ones that can.

Not that any of that actually matters. Geographical accidents of birth are just as irrelevant as skin colour or hair length or whether you can roll your tongue or not. We need the best manager we can get, fuck their nationality, race or any other arbitrary factor.