You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
Why do the xenophobic media love Wenger and Mourinho?

Always confuses me, that.

I don't know, maybe it's because they've been very successful and work for two of the darling London clubs - it's all a bit close to home. Liverpool is a much easier target.

Are you denying that there were elements of xenophobia in the treatment of Rafa by the media?

Guest TK-421
What, all of them? Or just Winter?

Tonnes of them. Winter is an example, yes. How about we throw Bascombe into the mix? He works for a jingoistic pile of trash now so if the cap fits...

Journalists, pundits, ex-players, fans, yer ma's cat - they were all at it. Spanish this, fat that, stubborn here, cold there...

Tonnes of them. Winter is an example, yes. How about we throw Bascombe into the mix? He works for a jingoistic pile of trash now so if the cap fits...

Journalists, pundits, ex-players, fans, yer ma's cat - they were all at it. Spanish this, fat that, stubborn here, cold there...

Cold isn't jingooistic, and I don't recall many papers dwelling on his size or nationality. I think you're seeing something which just isn't there in the most part, although I can't rule out one or two feeling that way.

The spiteful piece were he claimed Carra & Gerrard had more influence on Liverpool's season than any foreign star was a particular pile of shite, that I pulled him up on when he embarrassed himself on RAOTL.

This was season 2007/08.

Guest TK-421
Cold isn't jingooistic, and I don't recall many papers dwelling on his size or nationality. I think you're seeing something which just isn't there in the most part, although I can't rule out one or two feeling that way.

Don't worry, I wasn't expecting you to agree with me. Just, you know, putting my case.

Most of what I read about Benitez in our press is borderline xenephobic shite. That's my view.

It's probably down to a dearth of good English managers. There's so much money in the Premier League that it attracts the best talent - players and managers. The English press seems to have a big problem with this. It will happen to Capello if things don't go well over the next month, and he's as good as you're ever going to get.

Guest PurpleNose

Even the early ridiculing of squad rotation/zonal marking was slightly xenophobic. It was born purely out of ignorance of foreign methods. Same applies to the shite Rafa, and Sven before him, had to endure about lack of passion etc

I don't think its malicious. Not much of it anyway.

Has he? Boss if true. I mean if AS is true not yourself, obviously.

AS said '“sources close to the Chilean coach” do not deny his interest in the [LFC] position.

But not heard anything over here about our potential interest which i'm not happy about. The press are determined to get one of their lionised favourites in (and will probably stab him in the back no sooner)

Rebel23 you said re Pellegrini - ''why haven't the press talked about him? they're desperate for us to end up with someone who isnt really top class so they talk up all kinds of no marks.''

WHY though? I mean things are about as bad as they can get here -

Have you ever watched the smug cunts of football saturday (or what ever it is called)? They hate Liverpool to the core and would love to see us do a Leeds. There is definitely a hope that we will end up with a shit manager.

Guest PurpleNose
Have you ever watched the smug cunts of football saturday (or what ever it is called)? They hate Liverpool to the core and would love to see us do a Leeds. There is definitely a hope that we will end up with a shit manager.

Some of those spastics genuinely think the likes of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce are better managers than Pellegrini.

I think Pellegrini would take it, coming from his two previous clubs he's used to both a small transfer budget and board interference.

Just got a feeling though we won't appoint another foreigner at this stage.

I dont know who we have approached and haven't but all the press and the favourites seem to be uninspiring to me, which doesn't mean much I know as no one knew we'd end up with Benitez but for my money Pellegrini getting Villarreal to the CL Semi's and quarters and finishing 2nd in La liga with them, considering they're a club with no budget etc and played good football should make him a top contender

Real sacked him after he got a record points total in the league too

So, summing up, has won exactly fuck all, ever, has no experience in the Premiership, and speaks no English.

I can see why you think he's the best option

So, summing up, has won exactly fuck all, ever, has no experience in the Premiership, and speaks no English.

He speaks perfect Ingurlish.

Versus Woy, O'Neill, Hughes or Redknapp.

If it wasn't so fucking scary I'd laugh.

As has been repeatedly mentioned he is fluent in English.

He has won trophies for Universitad Catolica, LDU Quito, San Lorenzo, River Plate and the mighty Inter-Toto with Villareal. Three league championships in total (1xEcuador and 2xArgentina).

But yes, he hasn't managed in the EPL. Unlike John Gregory, Paul Sturrock and Egil Olsen.

He has won trophies for Universitad Catolica, LDU Quito, San Lorenzo, River Plate and the mighty Inter-Toto with Villareal. Three league championships in total (1xEcuador and 2xArgentina).

But yes, he hasn't managed in the EPL. Unlike John Gregory, Paul Sturrock and Egil Olsen.

So fuck all then.

But can speak English.

Hooray.

Guest PurpleNose

Messi has no experience in the Premiership.

El Zhar does.

This is beyond a joke.

If he, Rijkard, Lippi, Laudraup are not interested appoint the king.

What on earth is the poitn of appointing as sub standard manager?