You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

why haven't we approached Manuel Pellegrini? his achievements with Villarreal were stunning and shit all over what Hodgson, O'Neill and whoever else is frequently mentioned have done plus he has worked with Reina before and is out of contract so seems logical but we dont seem interested?

I'm concerned the board will screw this up

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why haven't we approached Manuel Pellegrini? his achievements with Villarreal were stunning and shit all over what Hodgson, O'Neill and whoever else is frequently mentioned have done plus he has worked with Reina before and is out of contract so seems logical but we dont seem interested?

I'm concerned the board will screw this up

Do you know who we have and havnt approached?

In the words of Omar, 'Do tell...'

I dont know who we have approached and haven't but all the press and the favourites seem to be uninspiring to me, which doesn't mean much I know as no one knew we'd end up with Benitez but for my money Pellegrini getting Villarreal to the CL Semi's and quarters and finishing 2nd in La liga with them, considering they're a club with no budget etc and played good football should make him a top contender

Real sacked him after he got a record points total in the league too

Pellegrini would be sound with me if the owner situation was sorted, but he wouldn't have time to build a team before he got sacked by new owners. This is the problem with anything but an interim appointment.

Fuck me Zig you're optomistic.

We're going to be stuck with cancer and aids for at least 18 months, we need to get the very best possible candidate out there. Pelligrini shits all over Hughes, O'Neill and Hodgson.

Am I missing something

The clubs just paid off its manager between 3 ans 6 million despite not having a pot to piss in and presumably its going to cost just as much to get rid of the backroom team.

We're up for sale so any new manager would sensibly only be offered a short contract incase the new owners want to select their own man

The managers just gone because he was told he could not have the money he raised through player sales

We have no transfer budget and can't even afford a £2million young scottish defender

We are just about to sell 3 of our 4 world class players

Whoever comes in has to work with twit and twat

Whoever comes in will be vetted by twit and twat

And you are trying to discuss who would be a sensible appoitment

Sounds like we need a spineless, clueless fuckwit who has incredible motivational powers - sounds like matin o'neill apart from the motivational powers