You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Really? You sure you don't have me confused with someone else? As far as I can remember, I didn't want Hodgson in the summer. I may have made a point about his strengths as a manager, and the job he did at Fulham, but I'm pretty sure I never tried to justify that he was the right man for us.

Or maybe I did, and I've forgotten, but it seems unlikely given that I was never really in favour of his appointment.

Maybe you were just defending him then. I got it in a neg from you, listing all his games against Juve and the mancs from last season.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you were just defending him then. I got it in a neg from you, listing all his games against Juve and the mancs from last season.

Yeah, quite possibly. If I neg people, it's generally because I think the post they've made is either out of order, or extremely unfair and one sided. I don't neg people just because I disagree with them. Genuinely can't remember, though. Sorry if you took the neg to heart.

Yeah, quite possibly. If I neg people, it's generally because I think the post they've made is either out of order, or extremely unfair and one sided. I don't neg people just because I disagree with them. Genuinely can't remember, though. Sorry if you took the neg to heart.

No probs, I'm out of therapy now so not too much harm done with your neg. I Just find it interesting to see the hypocrisy that floats around these boards masquerading as thoughtful opinions. That last bit wasn't aimed at you, just a general observation.

still can't believe we appointed Roy over him, he is a great manager in my opinion, yes he didn't win the league with the most expensive squad ever, however had Barca's team not been nearly all home grown they would have cost just as much/more, the job he did at Villarreal is ten times what Hodgson did at Fulham

So every manager that doesn't wina trophy in his first season is a failure?

Hodgson has been failure most of his career, then. Most managers have.

I like how you've ignored that they have the most expensive squad assembled by man with Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso included.

Guest PurpleNose
I like how you've ignored that they have the most expensive squad assembled by man with Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso included.

I like how you've ignored that they were up against one of the best sides of all time.

Surely the 5-0 showed you Barcelona are on a different planet to everyone else.

• 5 months later...

Doing well at Malaga now, won 5 in a row, 7 from the last 9 and 11 wins from 26. Things were slow for a while but he was left with a woeful team that had just 2 wins from 10 at the start of the season. Not really spent anything other than a few million on Baptista, Camacho and a few loan deals.

Got Buonanotte coming in the summer though I've never been impressed but it'll be interesting to see what he can do with a bit of cash if given it. We've got the best manager in the world so dont need him but I think he's excellent.

I simply will not, and can not countenance the thought of anyone else but Dalglish now. It's like when you've been going out on the piss in the same town for ages and have your eye on a couple of birds who are reasonably fit. But then one Friday afternoon you're walking home and happen to receive a blowjob from Charlize Theron. Those girls who once caught your eye will no longer matter to you in quite the same way again.

I simply will not, and can not countenance the thought of anyone else but Dalglish now. It's like when you've been going out on the piss in the same town for ages and have your eye on a couple of birds who are reasonably fit. But then one Friday afternoon you're walking home and happen to receive a blowjob from Charlize Theron. Those girls who once caught your eye will no longer matter to you in quite the same way again.

Best. Analogy. Ever.

I am truly sorry I cannot rep you, Section.