You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jose Mourinho banned and fined over 'handcuffs' gesture

JohnnyH

I never get this line of thinking.The two yanks are pricks but if Rafa has had such a bad time off them why did he sign a new sparkling contract with them?

Perhaps because he thought things would change for the better not for the worse.

How many stories of "investment" have we been told - I'm sure Benitez has also been told those stories.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa signed Jermaine Pennant, someone who was caught drink driving, he also signed Bellamy who was a complete loon (but I love him) and Gerrard smacked a DJ in a bar.

I'm not trying to compare incidents, but to claim we have a past of being whiter than white is and how Mourinho would change that is ridiculous.

Lets see if you bitches are saying the same thing when Mourinho takes over at United and we have Rafa sticking to the same fucking formation.

Rafa signed Jermaine Pennant, someone who was caught drink driving, he also signed Bellamy who was a complete loon (but I love him) and Gerrard smacked a DJ in a bar.

I'm not trying to compare incidents, but to claim we have a past of being whiter than white is and how Mourinho would change that is ridiculous.

Lets see if you bitches are saying the same thing when Mourinho takes over at United and we have Rafa sticking to the same fucking formation.

Who is signed is irrelevant, lots of people didn't want Lee Bowyer, and you are right a lot of people will change their mind. I know I did it with Souness, hindsight tells me he should have been sacked the day after that interview but I stuck up for him and found a number of reasons to defend his decision, his incompetance made my conscience a lot easier to live with.

But does the phrase forwarned forarmed mean anything to you?

Just stop for five minutes and have a look at the presentation of the Championa league trophy in 2004, have a look at his behaviour, not off camera, dead centre and tell me you want him to lead this club.

Shankly never, ever believed himself to be bigger or more important than the club. Benitez has never suggested that he is bigger or more important than the club. Mourinho truly- and 'pantomime villain' doesn't even come into it here- believes he is the special one. That football clubs are his own personal playgrounds for his theatrics and his media whoreing. His attitude, for example, after Porto had won the European Cup was an insight into his mind and his own arrogance. He's a managerial version of Ronaldo. Talent? Certainly. Humility, dignity, class? Not a drop.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he is a good manager. Not world class mind, but good. But I simply cannot bring myself to like the man. Some people make apologies for him and his comments/behaviour; I have never once heard one coming from his own mouth. He's arrogant, cocky, and egotistical.

I think you are precisely the sort of person that Mourinho goes for when he comes out with 'the Special One' theatrics. You believe it's real. Do you hate the baddies when you go to the pantomime? Do you sit with the grannies at the wrestling and get all wound up?

Benitez has certainly not demonstrated any humility, dignity or class in his tenure here. Mourinho is at least as good a manager as Benitez.

Both Shankly and Benitez have threatened to leave the club over money. That's about the only thing they have in common. Shankly was piercingly honest, understood the supporters, and truly had the best interests of the fans and the club at heart.

Mourinho complained about money, and Abramovich didn't like it so booted him out.

I think you are precisely the sort of person that Mourinho goes for when he comes out with 'the Special One' theatrics. You believe it's real. Do you hate the baddies when you go to the pantomime? Do you sit with the grannies at the wrestling and get all wound up?

Benitez has certainly not demonstrated any humility, dignity or class in his tenure here. Mourinho is at least as good a manager as Benitez.

Both Shankly and Benitez have threatened to leave the club over money. That's about the only thing they have in common. Shankly was piercingly honest, understood the supporters, and truly had the best interests of the fans and the club at heart.

Mourinho complained about money, and Abramovich didn't like it so booted him out.

No, I'm not. Do you believe that it's all an act with him then? Because to me, it isn't. I just plain don't like him. If it is all an act, then he's doing a damn good job of hiding his true persona . He's been doing a damn good job for years.

I've not slated his managerial ability either; I did state that I believed him to be talented and a good manager. As good as Benitez? Certainly. Probably better in the sense that he has a good record in winning league titles. They both have one European Cup to their names, both with unfancied sides.

But don't label me as somebody who is easily angered by a little bit of theatrics. I'm not. Because Mourinho isn't somebody who goes in for a little bit of theatrics, he's an arrogant bastard.

In this thread people were calling me Mourinho a defensive coach etc etc

Well he just brought on a striker for a midfielder when they went 2-1 up in the CL last 16.

Lets see how it pays off.

It didn't work did it? They were more of a threat BEFORE he made the changes, after the 3 subs came on it basically killed their attacking threat.

They were building up a head of steam when Cech got injured and there was a long delay. Chelsea regained some composure and had the better chances from then on. That Balotelli only did one thing of note after coming on so it didn't really pay off.