You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can I just say - for the record

Mav

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if anyone has a helicopter in the area of Islington can you please go and rescue my wife who has been there for three and half hours

She doesn't like driving in snow and it's getting slippy

You want your missus to be alone with me in a helicopter?

I'm onto it. I'll show her my chopper.

Seriously, I hope she gets home safe.

Ugh

I knew I should have bunged a Xbox on the credit card on Saturday. I'm probably working from home tomorrow, plus it looks like the other half will be stranded for a few more hours tonight. Pure gaming bliss I could have had.

Fuck You Snow, you motherfucker!

(I'm not sure why me not buying one is the weathers fault or why I'm sharing such a insignificant issue that I'll probably forget in ten mins whilst looking at boobies, but I'm PISSED OFF ANYWAY!!!)

Hate snow?! Snow is fucking fantastic!

I'm going down south to Oslo on Thursday, can't wait to brush the snow (which should be a lot by now) off my car and take it out for a spin. I have this huge parking lot I play around on, I love it. Disengage the 4wd and let the wheels spin!

Took the Dog out on the park earlier and it's knee deep in places. The Dog was fucked when it got in after trying to plough through the stuff.

I've never seen it this thick before around here. The lack of grit is making for great entertainment on the roads as well.

Guest ShoePiss
So no one has tires to drive in the snow ? or are people to inept to drive when its snowing ?

Btw im not from UK and where i live we have allot of snow but no troubles.

There isn't enough snow for people in the UK to be prepared for it or to be experienced driving in it.

I have a 4x4 with studded snow tyres for trips up to the mountain, Portland generally comes to a stand still with a bit of snow too so it's no surprise they're going through a similar thing in the UK.

On the other hand....

...."working" from home.

Yup.

Was going to be conscientious tomorrow and get the train in, but they've just announced there will be no trains running tomorrow. Really don't want to be on the roads with spaz's like SKI driving around in 1st gear all the time.

Yup.

Was going to be conscientious tomorrow and get the train in, but they've just announced there will be no trains running tomorrow. Really don't want to be on the roads with spaz's like SKI driving around in 1st gear all the time.

Oi Fucknuts! What gear would you suggest I drive 1 metre per 2 seconds in? I was driving when you were, well, dead young!

Guest ShoePiss
Whats the script with snow chains being used in the UK?

What happens when there's snow, then no snow, then snow? Can you use them when there's no snow?

You can drive on clear roads with chains on, they'll disintegrate with prolonged use though.

Guest davelfc

You just wouldn't be allowed to use them in most situations. As soon as the road isn't completely covered in snow you have to take them off. Plus I also thought you need special tyres

Buying snow chains (unless you're going into a bad area in Scotland for example) is a waste of money.

I've just been out and yeah I've got 4 wheel drive but managed to get where I needed to and home albeit a lot slower than I would have normally.

Guest ShoePiss

Not really, you do get the hang of it eventually but it's a cold, messy pain in the arse. That's why I went for studded tyres.

Edit: just looked at the chains, those ones are very good and would last a few seasons easily compared to the cable types.