You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dive Balls

rubble-rouser

Have a look at this tripe.

Apparently Gerrard dives at the weekend - the Grauniad piece doesn't even say so, just takes it as read. And according to their readers he's 'the worst English diver there is'. Cole? Mongo? Carrick?

I know SG has gone down easily before, but this piece typifie sthat paper's reaction to our current woes - stick the boot in harder. Cunts.

I have bought the Guardian for years - one of the only non-facist papers out there but this is just bollocks, although I agree with the geenral point about one-rule for English, one rule for foreign.

Does anyone really believe that Gerrard dived on Sunday?

Why is diving by English footballers so often overlooked? | Paul Doyle | Football | guardian.co.uk

Guest PurpleNose
Paul Doyle can fuck off to reporting on the Ugandan league the cunt. He hates Liverpool and is a Glendenning wannabe.

Its a manc paper. Almost every journo there fucking hates Liverpool.

The decent articles are written about other leagues by Lowe, Bandini etc

They even signed that cunt from the Mail.

He probably is the worst. I think there are a few players who do it as much as he does, Cole and Rooney are pretty bad for it, but when you add the fact that he's fucking rubbish at it then you just get on big bundle of cringe.

I'd rather he stopped it, and I'd rather Aquilani stopped before he even starts (I just know he's going to be terrible for it, I feel it in my blood).

This is one of many "Why don't English players get booked for diving?" articles that I've seen over the years, and won't be the last. It's all bullshit. Yes, Gerrard and Rooney dive all the time, but they hardly do it more than Drogba and Robben. I can distinctly remember all 4 of them getting booked for it. What's the uproar? It's the old "Shit, I need to submit 6 paragraphs of sanctimony in half an hour!!" article.

I remember the shite other supporters (mancs in particular) used to say ohhh he dived for your pen in the Champions League Final

He did.

He got a tug but he nearly won himself an oscar on top of the penalty.

If he doesn't go down the ref probably doesn't give it; that's the shitty mess football has gotten itself into.

This is one of many "Why don't English players get booked for diving?" articles that I've seen over the years, and won't be the last. It's all bullshit. Yes, Gerrard and Rooney dive all the time, but they hardly do it more than Drogba and Robben. I can distinctly remember all 4 of them getting booked for it. What's the uproar? It's the old "Shit, I need to submit 6 paragraphs of sanctimony in half an hour!!" article.

To be fair the guy is berating the reaction of the parochial media more than anything else.

Why because he's foreign? You stupid small minded racist idiot! :whistle:

How dare you! But yeah, he'll almost definitely be a bad bell when it comes to diving, feigning injury, chasing refs and showing imaginary cards; it's just the Italian way. Also, all Italians are really bad racists.

And I hate racists.

He did.

He got a tug but he nearly won himself an oscar on top of the penalty.

If he doesn't go down the ref probably doesn't give it; that's the shitty mess football has gotten itself into.

What's the difference between that and, say, Hamman 'winning' all those free kicks which everyone used to buzz off?

Guest Pistonbroke

The game is riddled with diving and has been for quite some years. If a defender or goalkeeper hangs a limb out you can see the players deliberately making contact with it to gain a pen instead of trying to continue their run or get a shot off.