You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful example of a footballer? Behave lad. You might not think he's Liverpool quality but that's a pretty shite comment to make.

It's pretty tame compared to some of the stuff he's been called. It'd probably take him 6 months of playing well almost constantly for many of the people that can't stand him to step back and have a think.

It's pretty tame compared to some of the stuff he's been called. It'd probably take him 6 months of playing well almost constantly for many of the people that can't stand him to step back and have a think.

The problem is people cannot see that he is top draw at what he does. I find it a shame that such a talented youngster is having to face all this shit.

Never really rated him. Agree he is perfect back up to Aquilani. I do think he has improved a lot this season and makes more forward passes. His tackling and reading of the game has improved too. He still needs to add more to his game to be considered liverpool class, if he continous to improve at the current rate he might just make it. Even his progress is slow and unspectaular.

True on the on tameness of it although still don't make it right!

You do realise there are no actual 'facts' in that diatribe?

it's called opinion. Welcome to the site. It's where people discuss opinions, hypothesise, chew the fat, and ponder the imponderables. Opinions are like arseholes, and even arseholes like me have one.

I take it from you calling my post a diatribe that you disagree with my opinion?

Guest the boy

No; some people have gone beyond the brink. Lucas could metamorphisise into Xavi and it wouldn't count a jot. Not that I'm saying he will, of course; I personally regard him as no more than a steady player, and far better prospect than Mikel or Anderson at a fraction of the price.

it's called opinion. Welcome to the site. It's where people discuss opinions, hypothesise, chew the fat, and ponder the imponderables. Opinions are like arseholes, and even arseholes like me have one.

I take it from you calling my post a diatribe that you disagree with my opinion?

Cheers, thanks for the hearty welcome. Yes, you are correct, I do not agree with your opinion on this matter and I would prefer not to discuss it anymore, the reason being, the thought of Robbie Savage being in our team makes me nauseous.

Yeah, that's called 'consistency'. If he improves his game and keeps it higher than what he's currently turning out, then I think a lot of people would ease off or even give him some credit.

Yeah, that's called 'consistency'. If he improves his game and keeps it higher than what he's currently turning out, then I think a lot of people would ease off or even give him some credit.

Hopefully. There's also what someone said about him needing too much time, and as he gains experience and confidence he might get a lot sharper, develop an eye for the types of passes that he's maybe missing out on making at the moment, (he'll surely realise that he can make different types of passes more and get a better eye for them.) and gain the ability to take on players more and go on runs himself.

Obviously asking a lot at the moment, but with the types of players he's around there's no reason why he can't do it if he keeps on improving.

I think he's actually doing his job quite well. The problem is that there is another player on the team who appears to have the exact same job and the two of them spend the afternoons winning the ball then passing sideways to each other, each one expecting the other to head off and create something for the forward.

It's a never ending loop. And it's not really Lucas' fault, to be fair.

He's almost 23.

Date of Birth: 09/01/1987

so he is 22 then

I was as far out with my 21 as your 23

The age he is, still means he is 7 years behind Gerrard and is it 6 behind Alonso and he doesnt have to make such great strides to make it to that level in the time he has before he reaches there age

but if we lose Gerrard and Masch you would then no the worth of Lucus its easy to bitch iv dont it myself but the stick the lad gets is unfair

so he is 22 then

I was as far out with my 21 as your 23

The age he is, still means he is 7 years behind Gerrard and is it 6 behind Alonso and he doesnt have to make such great strides to make it to that level in the time he has before he reaches there age

but if we lose Gerrard and Masch you would then no the worth of Lucus its easy to bitch iv dont it myself but the stick the lad gets is unfair

Well Alonso was 22 when we signed him. I'd say he has fucking BFG sized strides to get anywhere even approaching the level of Gerrard or alonso.

And are you saying if Gerrard was out we wouldn't miss him because we've got Lucas?