You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

20 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I went back to ddk in pimlico this week. The choice of 1 sausage was mine - the breakfast comes with one of stuff and you top it up. 12 quid including tea. There was pretty much nothing wrong with it at all, I couldn't find anything I'd have changed really, except the white pudding was small, so I might have doubled that. All good quality food, all well cooked. And for you weird non-beaners, the beans are in a pot. I don't think I can ever give anything a 10 as the search for the perfect cooked breakfast would be over. But this is as good as I've had in a long enough time I can't recall a better one. And for that part of the world, pretty good value. 

IMG_20210818_103608.jpg

Fucking disgusting.

Beans have no place on a fry up, whether you like them or not. A cheap plate filler introducrd by cheap transport caffs in London to fill the plate at minimal cost.Tasteless lumps of starch flavoured by a revolting imitation tomato glop full of chemical additives.

Potato things have only been used for the last few years, reconstituted mash held together by addittives. Used because its easier than making a proper fried bread slice.

That black pudding looks like it was cut with a bacon slicer. If it was any thinner you'd be able to see the plate through it.What happened to proper black puddings like this. At least the same size as the bags of meat flavoured bread crumbs sold as sausages.

black pudding.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Fucking disgusting.

Beans have no place on a fry up, whether you like them or not. A cheap plate filler introducrd by cheap transport caffs in London to fill the plate at minimal cost.Tasteless lumps of starch flavoured by a revolting imitation tomato glop full of chemical additives.

Potato things have only been used for the last few years, reconstituted mash held together by addittives. Used because its easier than making a proper fried bread slice.

That black pudding looks like it was cut with a bacon slicer. If it was any thinner you'd be able to see the plate through it.What happened to proper black puddings like this. At least the same size as the bags of meat flavoured bread crumbs sold as sausages.

black pudding.jpg

Are you suggesting this purple item, resembling a dog turd is edible?

• Upvote 1

Breakfast this morning, sat overlooking Loch Oich, beside the well of the seven heads and it’s memorial, in a beautiful roadside cafe garden, associated with the “well of the seven heads cafe”

I had the full Scottish, missus had the veggie.

mine was 1 egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, haggis, black pudding, toast, potato scone and beans.

mark off for serving in a box irrespective of whether taking away or eating here in the garden. Mark off for the toast being cheap bread and under toasted. Finally a mark off for the haggis really not being very nice (to my pallate), otherwise very good effort. Super bacon and sausage, good egg. 

lovely way to get the day started, and a 7/10 breakkie to boot.

9F421202-C46B-469A-B9F3-DCE3C9423390.jpeg

B06C397D-22A9-48B8-AF89-A21DD8B6EEF7.jpeg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Breakfast this morning, sat overlooking Loch Oich, beside the well of the seven heads and it’s memorial, in a beautiful roadside cafe garden, associated with the “well of the seven heads cafe”

mine was 1 egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausages, haggis, black pudding, toast, potato scone and beans.

mark off for serving in a box irrespective of whether taking away or eating here in the garden. Mark off for the toast being cheap bread and under toasted. Finally a mark off for the haggis really not being very nice (to my pallate), otherwise very good effort. Super bacon and sausage, good egg. 

10/10 for the view.

Nine points lost immediately for being served in a box.

A further three point reduction for the warm bread. 

Bacon, Sausage and Egg are worth five points. 

Potato effort one point as you’re abroad.

Attempting to hide the beans, minus three.

Total = 1/10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

10/10 for the view.

Nine points lost immediately for being served in a box.

A further three point reduction for the warm bread. 

Bacon, Sausage and Egg are worth five points. 

Potato effort one point as you’re abroad.

Attempting to hide the beans, minus three.

Total = 1/10.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I thought I’d treat my youngest to a fancy lunch at Morrison’s Supermarket Cafe. His choice…

A breakfast.

DF266710-B94D-4C87-AA11-A2BFF4008DD2.jpeg

That’s the first time I’ve ever laughed at one of your breakfast critiques. Repped. 

Then I scroll down two posts and see that you had to go and squander it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Every item floating on the beans. DISCUSTING

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

6 sausages 

4 bacon

3 fires eggs

4 generous slices of black pudding

300g mushrooms

4 tomatoes

4 slices of toast

2 slices of fried bread

1 litre of apple juice

That’s roughly what I’ll eat if we have a fry up at home. But with no black pudding (she can’t cook it properly) and with beans (lots of them) instead of tomatoes. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

6 sausages 

4 rashers of bacon

3 fried eggs

300g mushrooms

2 tomatoes

4 slices of toast

2 slices of fried bread

1 litre of apple juice

Amazing, cheers, T.

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s roughly what I’ll eat if we have a fry up at home. But with no black pudding (she can’t cook it properly) and with beans (lots of them) instead of tomatoes. 

Really, mine would be two bacon, one sausage, one egg, fried slice, tomato, a couple of toast and maybe beans, depends on how I feel and that's me in a food coma for the rest of the morning/afternoon.

I feel emasculated by you two real men.

18 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

6 sausages 

4 rashers of bacon

3 fried eggs

300g mushrooms

2 tomatoes

4 slices of toast

2 slices of fried bread

1 litre of apple juice

Christ- apple juice is full of sugar, ditch that.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Amazing, cheers, T.

Really, mine would be two bacon, one sausage, one egg, fried slice, tomato, a couple of toast and maybe beans, depends on how I feel and that's me in a food coma for the rest of the morning/afternoon.

On the rare occasions we have a fry-up at home it’s usually an evening meal, so the food coma thing isn’t an issue. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Amazing, cheers, T.

Nowadays, I’d have two or three sausages, two rashers of bacon, two slices of black pudding, mushrooms, two tomatoes and a couple of slices of toast.

• Upvote 1