You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd get him in and tell him he'll only get paid if he turns up everyday and if he misses any days without our consent we can terminate his deal immediately without having to pay it up..

It's a bit rough that to be honest. The new defender kerry-argos likes a smoke, so if he's with him round at Babel's with Kuyt on their bong sessions every now and then you gotta allow around 3 days off for that.

Unless Rafa wants to see what he looks like floating around the pitch with his eyes rolling around in the back of his head.

"Cannabis was first used in Egypt around 2000BC to treat sore eyes and according to Diodorus Siculus ( the Sicilian Greek historian who lived from 90 to 21 BC ) Egyptian women also used cannabis "as a medicine to relieve sorrow and bad humour."

It is not known whether it's use died out in subsequent centuries, but some historians think that it was "reintroduced" in the twelfth century by the Zaki family. In Cairo in 1253 the government ordered cannabis plants to be burned but cultivation immediately moved outside the city. In 1324 the Egyptian army was used to destroy the crop but they failed to eradicate the Zaki family's stronghold in the area, and after months of fighting, defected in order to maintain the lucrative Zaki crop fields in the region. The government gave up all attempts at eradicating the crops from that day onwards, and still, to this day, the Zaki's know their shit when it comes to getting proper fucking smashed."

edit : would love to see him here aswell, he could probably get a good few goals for us.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Check this out:

Liverpool join race for Van der Vaart

Liverpool are set to bid for Rafael Van der Vaart of Real Madrid

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is lining up a £10 million bid for highly rated Dutch midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart.

Reports last weekend suggested Arsenal were preparing a bid in the region of £6 million for the Real Madrid star, but The Times reveals that Liverpool boss Benitez is ready to trump that with a bid that matches Real's valuation.

Van der Vaart has earned 69 caps for the Netherlands, but is being fazed out in Madrid. He was also widely quoted last weekend as saying he was keen on a move to the Premier League.

"I really want to come to England," said Van der Vaart.

"I want to go to the Premier League and I know where I want to play."

Liverpool are set to bid for Rafael Van der Vaart of Real Madrid | Give Me Football

Check this out:

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is lining up a £10 million bid for highly rated Dutch midfielder Rafael Van der Vaart.

Reports last weekend suggested Arsenal were preparing a bid in the region of £6 million for the Real Madrid star, but The Times reveals that Liverpool boss Benitez is ready to trump that with a bid that matches Real's valuation.

Van der Vaart has earned 69 caps for the Netherlands, but is being fazed out in Madrid. He was also widely quoted last weekend as saying he was keen on a move to the Premier League.

Liverpool are set to bid for Rafael Van der Vaart of Real Madrid | Give Me Football

Go on, it's Blackburn isn't it - they do things Real Madrid on't do; it's why top players want to go there now Fat Sam is there

Check this out:

"...fazed out in Madrid..." People actually get paid to write that poorly?

But you can see how these things start though. The Times had VDV to Liverpool as part of their transfer gossip 'long shot' section and all of a sudden we are ready to trump Arsenal's £6m bid on Givemespellcheck.com

Even got a mention on goal.com, that's gotta add serious weight to it being truth.. If we find out we did try to get him but 'bankers' blocked it I'll go seriously mental.

Saw the goal.com as well but I know better.

Heard the VDV link from a mate and followed it up. Some reports suggest that we are going to bid up to 12million.

Are we or are we not skint??

And where the fuck would a £10m pound player like VDV play in our line up remember we have a £18m pound midfielder due back in 5 weeks

Would he get in ahead of Kuyt Gerrard or maybe he is suddenly a left sided wide man and he would replace Babel or Reire i dont think he is the player we need to be looking to add at this point but what do i know

Check this out:

I wonder how long it will take for Paddy Power to stop taking bets on him signing for us?

Saw the goal.com as well but I know better.

Heard the VDV link from a mate and followed it up. Some reports suggest that we are going to bid up to 12million.

Are we or are we not skint??

I think he's overrated, but given the paucity of attacking options, maybe he'd be worth a shout,that said, I think he wants to go to Arsenal and team up with Van Persie.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Can't say I'm over keen on VDV, but I'd bite their hands off at the moment. He is a good player, but not as good as some people think he is. Not really the type of player that we need, either.