You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All new transfer speculation 09

Megadrive Man

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll end up with just Aquilani and Distin. What a shite summer that would be. Christ i'm depressed! if i wake up in the morning and were on the verge of signing Puskas, Silva and Steve Archibald i take it all back.

If we end up with Aquilani,Distin and Johnson replacing Alonso, Hyypia and Arbeloa, surely we're worse off than we were last season?

Not buying a striker is suicidal IMO

I agree, and I would actually say the same about a new centre back (preferably one who can cover at right back).

And we need to replace Xabi. And we could still very much use a top class left winger.

Some crucial weeks ahead.

I can see Aquilani and Distin and then Rafa thinking if we play like we did against Madrid onwards we have enough, we were top scorers with our best two players only starting 13/14 games. Hopefully Agger will play more at home which helps and we have a much stronger sense of urgency and a higher tempo. Rafa will also look at how he won the title with his top scorer scoring 8 goals.

I will of course be worried if our best two get injured or we start slowly with the continental approach. I would love a silva/young style player but i cant see it, get in Tuncay and he can cover all 4 forward spots. Aquilani, Tuncay and Distin would be about 30 and the Yanks can keep their promised 20 mil for their debts and we have to hope that it is enough for the title as we have a great chance but are being massively hindered due to a lack of funds.

Aquilani (@ £16m )- central mids cover

Richards - ( @ £8m ) -covers centre & right-back & is potentially excellent

Tuncay - (@ £6m ) - gives decent cover across all front 4 positions

Would cost roughly the Xabi fee , are all realistically available ( especially if Lescott goes to Citeh ) , and represent the best of a bad job.

The manager should know that Alonso was a fans favourite so I hope he thinks he should be getting replaced with another top name to keep the fans happy. Aquilani isnt that name.

The Athletico game is coming up and I hope that a replcement is sorted before Saturday to give the fans a lift and a bit of hope.

Aquilani (@ £16m )- central mids cover

Richards - ( @ £8m ) -covers centre & right-back & is potentially excellent

Tuncay - (@ £6m ) - gives decent cover across all front 4 positions

Would cost roughly the Xabi fee , are all realistically available ( especially if Lescott goes to Citeh ) , and represent the best of a bad job.

That's not bad, although thouse three players will cost too much in sign-on fees and wages for the £30m to cover it. Aquilani's wages would equal Alonso's wages, and after that we would have to dig in G&H's pockets for some new cash to cover the other two. All this is if we even get the £30m from G&H to spend, which I very much doubt we will. In a dream world of signing 3 players like that I would probably switch Aquilani with Defour due to his injury situation.

If we'd have already bought Ebanks-Blake or someone like Podolski we'd be about sorted with Aquilani aswell. With strikers I think N'gog, Patches and Nemeth should be alternated too. N'gog shouldn't just be first choice every time.

Trezeguet and Aquilani? I think Trezeguet could help us like Henry has helped Barca.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

O' Neil said that he wouldn't sell for £50m, so that 18m is way off. As For Silva - for 18m?

Wishful thinking.