You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

I have too many fond memories of Michael to turn round and say I hate him for this. He was never appreciated here so why should he give a fuck now what we think and after the first return with Newcastle then he owes us jack shit really? I think Owen loves the club but not in the way Carra and Stevie love the club. Michael is a professional in every sense of the word and very single minded. I don't and will probably never have any beef with him although I dread the day he first celebrates in front of the Stretty. My resolve may really be tested then somewhat.

I can't exactly wish him luck as that will mean he will be scoring goals regularly which will make things harder for us but I don't wish any ill on him there either.

I am disappointed we didn't go in for him as give me him on the bench over the Pony tail and N'Gog any day of the week.

I would have been saying that if he hadn't just joined Man Utd.

Honestly mate, the lad was my hero at the 2001 Cup Final and before that as well. I feel betrayed by the fuck.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot disagree with a single word of that, bravo.

At the end of the day, the guy is a professional footballer, and putting all loyalties aside for a moment, from a professional standpoint, who are you going to want to play for: Manchester United or Hull City?

I understand what you're saying but still there's a belief in all of us that makes us believe in whats right and wrong and we stick to that through our life and theres a line that you just don't cross and that little fucker crossed it, i had no problem with him up to now and i know Mancs are disgusted by this as well, this little man actually doesn't give a shit. A very boring little prick.

I understand what you're saying but still there's a belief in all of us that makes us believe in whats right and wrong and we stick to that through our life and theres a line that you just don't cross and that little fucker crossed it, i had no problem with him up to now and i know Mancs are disgusted by this as well, this little man actually doesn't give a shit. A very boring little prick.

Michael Owen, a boyhood Everton fan, showed exactly how seriously he took club loyalty when he signed for their most hated rivals at the age of 16.

I guess it's tough to find out that players don't rate allegiances as highly as the fans do, but nobody can really feel betrayed by this in the circumstances.

Michael Owen, a boyhood Everton fan, showed exactly how seriously he took club loyalty when he signed for their most hated rivals at the age of 16.

I guess it's tough to find out that players don't rate allegiances as highly as the fans do, but nobody can really feel betrayed by this in the circumstances.

MO is a businessman first and a footballer second. I am disappointed that he joined the Mancs and truly hope he ends up as the bit part player that Ferguson has planned for him. Sadly he could take a leaf out of Tevez book who considered the reactions of the Mancs if he signed for us.

nobody can really feel betrayed by this in the circumstances.

How the fuck do you work that one out??

In fact seeing some of the posts in this thread defending the little cunt,seeing the shite in numerous other threads directed at Rafa,seeing the shite about Michael Shields recently i'm not half surprised with this place.

Just come for a gander and each time i log off thinking the 'Liverpool Way'...??

Be the last time n all.

Ah right,Owen is pals with Bascombe.........silly me i forgot.

What a fucking cunt that fucking cunt Michael Owen is for fucking cunting going somewhere where he can fucking cunting resurrect his fucking cunting career, rather than fucking cunting Hull City. Fucking cunting selfish judas fucking cunt.

He should have done it with a bit of low profile, not say shit like "I had always hoped Sir Alex would one day ask me to play for him"..... he has said cuntish things mate.

Alonso leaving, Mascherano leaving, Owen joins Mancs, Murray out of Wimbledon, Michael Jackson dead - things are fucked up :(

Two of those haven't happened just yet. What are you trying to do? depress people more over there breakfast?

Cannot disagree with a single word of that, bravo.

At the end of the day, the guy is a professional footballer, and putting all loyalties aside for a moment, from a professional standpoint, who are you going to want to play for: Manchester United or Hull City?

Fuck the excuses, he'a a CUNT .. :whistle:

Guest davelfc

neuralizer_mib.jpg

"Owen never played for Liverpool, he's always been a weasly little cunt, he never scored 2 goals at Wembley that won Liverpool the FA Cup. Your children never wore shirts with his name on them."

So he has played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United with an ill fated stint at Newcastle that almost destroyed his career? If he does well at United he will have had a good career, made a lot of money and be able to hold his head up high especlially if we wins trophies at United.

It's sickening from an LFC fans perspective though and I hope those who advocate buying ex United players (like Tevez, Heinze etc) will take a good hard look at themselves this morning.

So he has played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Manchester United with an ill fated stint at Newcastle that almost destroyed his career? If he does well at United he will have had a good career, made a lot of money and be able to hold his head up high especlially if we wins trophies at United.

It's sickening from an LFC fans perspective though and I hope those who advocate buying ex United players (like Tevez, Heinze etc) will take a good hard look at themselves this morning.

Cos we wouldn't want to piss any manc fans off? I wouldn't him back cos i think he's a crock but the one thing they'll take from this is at least it got on our tits.

He might have played for some good teams but all he's won is an FA Cup and also managed to get relegated last year. If you looked at him at 17 you'd have said he'd have achieved far more than that.

It was a sick situation. It was as though it didnt' matter if the other players did not score and the team did not win as long as the midget was served the ball on a plate.

Even with all this support, managerial coddling and special treatment he never reached 20 league goals in a season and earned 19 only once and that was thanks to being first choice penalty-taker until his constant missing 50% of them for two years finally allowed Gerard in.

Dear me. Some very bitter people about. As for that penalties stat, have another go.

In 01/02 he scored 19 league goals including ONE penalty. In 02/03 he scored 19 league goals including TWO penalties.

Don't you see how effective the Man U PR machine is? It's masking most of your views on the reality of the situation here.

Look at the big picture - They have lost a player capable of 40+ goals and 20+ assists a season and replaced them with Valencia and Owen due to their first choice signings (Benzema, Ribery and Villa) wanting to go elsewhere.

This signing changes nothing. They are still significantly weaker than they were last season and I don't see a signing they could possibly make that could change this.

Like RedKnight says; stop being so damn hysterical.

MO is a businessman first and a footballer second. I am disappointed that he joined the Mancs and truly hope he ends up as the bit part player that Ferguson has planned for him. Sadly he could take a leaf out of Tevez book who considered the reactions of the Mancs if he signed for us.

Who then went on to sign for their bitter rivals, who, incidentally, offered him more money.

Unfortunately, player loyalty these days is as rare as the sun in Manchester mate.

Fuck Michael Owen, can we not move on?

I've said it before, it's not the club or the players that don't have the temperament to win the league it's the fans.

Focus on Liverpool FC not some has been who left us years ago.

I have too many fond memories of Michael to turn round and say I hate him for this. He was never appreciated here so why should he give a fuck now what we think and after the first return with Newcastle then he owes us jack shit really? I think Owen loves the club but not in the way Carra and Stevie love the club. Michael is a professional in every sense of the word and very single minded. I don't and will probably never have any beef with him although I dread the day he first celebrates in front of the Stretty. My resolve may really be tested then somewhat.

I can't exactly wish him luck as that will mean he will be scoring goals regularly which will make things harder for us but I don't wish any ill on him there either.

I am disappointed we didn't go in for him as give me him on the bench over the Pony tail and N'Gog any day of the week.

One of the very few, sane and sensible post on here. You are spot on. I can only put the anti hysteria over Owen on here down to the majority of posters being about 15 years old. The posted comments are that childish.

We missed the boat here for whatever reason. At the very least, Owen would have made a far better 'squad' player than what we have up front now bar Torres.