You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tabloid with a pretty laid back attitude towards telling the truth and there are no direct quotes in the story, so it's hardly a reliable source.

(6)

yeah they are pretty unreliable at times, but they got it right that time

thx for the rep guys ;D

Apperently, Liverpool have put in a late bid of £3.5 million for the next Tevez. Colombian striker Radamel Falcao. I'm not allowed to post links but here is the article in Portuguese.

w w w.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=168958

Há uma intromissão de última hora nas negociações entre o Benfica e o River Plate sobre o avançado Radamel Falcao. O Liverpool terá feito uma oferta a rondar os 3,5 milhões de euros pelo passe do colombiano, avança a imprensa inglesa.

Apesar de A BOLA saber que o acordo entre os «encarnados» e o clube argentino está prestes a ser concretizado, a possibilidade de jogar na Premier League poderá seduzir Falcao a aceitar o convite do Liverpool.

A verba oferecida pelos reds é ligeiramente inferior à do clube da Luz, que está disposto a desembolsar quatro milhões de euros por 80 por cento do passe, oferecendo a Falcao um contrato de quatro épocas.

O internacional colombiano já resolveu o diferendo que mantinha com o River, pois foi sanada a dívida de 400 mil euros do clube para com o jogador e foi celebrado um novo vínculo por mais três épocas.

Found a few articles on it but here is the gist on it on one of the other forums:

PRESS reports suggest that Rafa Benitez may be targeting a late swoop for the highly rated Colombian striking sensation Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate or plain old ‘Falcao’ as he’s usually known. The Liverpool manager will have to move swiftly with Benfica strong favourites to sign him for a knockdown £3m fee. The talented 23-year-old currently plies his trade for River Plate in Argentina but is on his way out of the cash-strapped club who reportedly still owe the player 400,000 euros which has held up his transfer to Portugal.

Falcao recently signed a three-year contract extension with River to ensure the club receive a bigger fee from Benfica. The Lisbon giants were to purchase 80% of Falcao’s economic rights but the move has stalled.

Falcao has been linked to the Premier League in the past but a possible move to Martin O’Neill’s Villa in the January transfer window failed to materialise as well as summer moves to Arsenal or Manchester United.

Found a few articles on it but here is the gist on it on one of the other forums:

PRESS reports suggest that Rafa Benitez may be targeting a late swoop for the highly rated Colombian striking sensation Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate or plain old ‘Falcao’ as he’s usually known. The Liverpool manager will have to move swiftly with Benfica strong favourites to sign him for a knockdown £3m fee. The talented 23-year-old currently plies his trade for River Plate in Argentina but is on his way out of the cash-strapped club who reportedly still owe the player 400,000 euros which has held up his transfer to Portugal.

Falcao recently signed a three-year contract extension with River to ensure the club receive a bigger fee from Benfica. The Lisbon giants were to purchase 80% of Falcao’s economic rights but the move has stalled.

Falcao has been linked to the Premier League in the past but a possible move to Martin O’Neill’s Villa in the January transfer window failed to materialise as well as summer moves to Arsenal or Manchester United.

Well rock me amadeus.

I am a little perturbed that the 'next Tevez' is actually older than Tevez himself.

Doesn't bode well.

The article says the guy is 23, Teves is 25 according to Wiki so I'm guessing Teves is older?

I am a little perturbed that the 'next Tevez' is actually older than Tevez himself.

Doesn't bode well.

Falcao is younger than Tevez and he's not bad either but I don't know how it would work out for him here. Falcao is 23, Tevez 25. *Ignore as I didn't see the earlier posts*

Falcao.

I watched him once for like one half of football... and he didn't suck. So that at least is a bonus.

I've watched him play a few times, I mentioned him on here about 18 months - two years ago, he's pretty decent but it's impossible to say how he would perform in England, relative to Argentina. He had an ACL injury early in his career which held him back a bit. I think he could be okay as back up without setting the world alight.

TBh i'm very wary of buying direct from South America, I could be totally wornf but i'm not sure its been a huge success on the whole in English football. Generally I think its either taken SA's longer to adapt or they've done better adjusting to 'european' football in Italy/Spain/Portugal beofre coming over here.

Lucas may well have been better had we loaned him to a a spanish or portuguese side for a season before throwing him the deep end in England

The article says the guy is 23, Teves is 25 according to Wiki so I'm guessing Teves is older?

People sure are literal round these parts..

Not literal enough.

Teves? Teves? Who the fuck is Teves?