You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Madrid have Alonso in th bag according to various forums posting foreign websites, if so we absolutely mush ask for Hiquain (sp) - he is a fantastic footballer.

I'd love us to go after Higuain; he's class.

It's Real Madrid or nothing, says Franck Ribéry | Football | guardian.co.uk

It's Real Madrid or nothing, says Franck Ribéry

Chelsea and Manchester United's hopes of signing Franck Ribéry appear to be receding, with the France midfielder saying he wants to leave Bayern Munich and join Real Madrid.

Ribéry is quoted today in L'Equipe saying: "I have made up my mind, I want to leave. It will be Real or nothing."

Chelsea had identified Ribéry as a possible headline signing but feared that his compatriot Zinedine Zidane, now a special adviser at Real, would use his influence to bring the 26-year-old to the Bernabéu.

Manchester United have also been linked with Ribéry although their new policy of signing only players under 26 had made Old Trafford a less likely destination.

Ribéry's compatriot Karim Benzema has already agreed to join the Spanish side from Lyon and become Real's third major signing of the summer after the arrivals of Kaka from Milan and Cristiano Ronaldo from United.

Bayern officials have repeatedly said the 26-year-old Ribery, who joined them in 2007 from Marseille, is not for sale

Michel Platini Slams Real Madrid's 'Excessive' Pursuit Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Goal.com

These transfers are a serious challenge to the idea of fair play and the concept of financial balance in our competitions," he complained.

"UEFA is working hard with clubs to set up a new set of rules... to clean up the system and give it a more solid, more transparent base.

"That is our top priority today," he concluded.

Found a few articles on it but here is the gist on it on one of the other forums:

PRESS reports suggest that Rafa Benitez may be targeting a late swoop for the highly rated Colombian striking sensation Radamel Falcao Garcia Zarate or plain old ‘Falcao’ as he’s usually known. The Liverpool manager will have to move swiftly with Benfica strong favourites to sign him for a knockdown £3m fee. The talented 23-year-old currently plies his trade for River Plate in Argentina but is on his way out of the cash-strapped club who reportedly still owe the player 400,000 euros which has held up his transfer to Portugal.

Falcao recently signed a three-year contract extension with River to ensure the club receive a bigger fee from Benfica. The Lisbon giants were to purchase 80% of Falcao’s economic rights but the move has stalled.

Falcao has been linked to the Premier League in the past but a possible move to Martin O’Neill’s Villa in the January transfer window failed to materialise as well as summer moves to Arsenal or Manchester United.

he's got the most promising name of all the links so far

What do you lot think of D'Agostino?

Apparently replacement for Xabi.

I would Xabi above anybody out there, but if he did go, would he be a good buy?

Iv seen him play twice, once he looked tidy and completely ran midfield, another where Udinese got clattered and the game bypassed him. We are a better team than Udinese though.

Falco died more than 10 years ago Thants.

[YOUTUBE]stqv_miBsZ0[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to neg you because I know you put Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" on there and your link is not showing.

And plus you had me looking for Mark Falco dead on google, that man is still alive.

EDIT: I'll get you next time.

if they wanted Alonso they would have closed on it by now. they're too busy chasing French players for Zidane...

Headwand, you've spent all fucking summer quacking on about how Marca is a clueless "mouthpiece" for Madrid, and all of the linked players trumpeted on their front cover are unsubstantiated rumours and no more, and one by fucking one, every single linked player has signed for Madrid.

Soon they wont have money left to spend on Alonso, whether they want him or not.

They will if they go for him next and they really have 300mil. They've supposedly spent about 178 so far, so that should easily leave enough for them both.

If they manage it Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Alonso, Benzema, Albiol. That's a fucking mad set of signings.

They will if they go for him next and they really have 300mil. They've supposedly spent about 178 so far, so that should easily leave enough for them both.

If they manage it Kaka, Ronaldo, Ribery, Alonso, Benzema, Albiol. That's a fucking mad set of signings.

And their team still won't be as good as Barcelona.

And their team still won't be as good as Barcelona.

Hopefully not, but they'll be getting there with that lot. It's scary just to think about it. If Barca land Villa and Eto'o goes then they keep the rest of their side together though, those Clasico matches should be even more immense next season.

and Arbeloooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa.

56,80,60,30,35,15,8 for arbeloa = 285? so 15 mil left for a left back

4,2,3,1 cant be arsed to do lines so it may look a mess but:

Casillas

arbeloa Ramos Albiol ?

Alonso Diarra

Kaka

Ronaldo Ribery

Benzema

If that gels it will be mental but it wont, they will all be doing adverts when they should be training and that team will have the least tracking back known to man. The egos will be frightening to manage. I dont reckon they will win anything with that team and i reckon we would beat that team in Europe.

Where are you platini?

Hopefully not, but they'll be getting there with that lot. It's scary just to think about it. If Barca land Villa and Eto'o goes then they keep the rest of their side together though, those Clasico matches should be even more immense next season.

Albiol and Carvallhio would have cost them under 20 million and would have made them a hell of a lot stronger than Benzema and Kaka will (I think), Senna or someone similar to sit in front of the back four and all for less than 50!

Ludicrous. A. Joke. Of. A. Club.