You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC Milan were last night set to make a new £7.5 million bid for Daniel Agger, the Liverpool defender. The Denmark defender is believed to have an escape clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Anfield against the club’s wishes in the summer. Liverpool have denied that this clause exists, but Per Steffensen, Agger’s agent, had lunch in Milan with Ariedo Braida, the Serie A club’s sporting director, yesterday and Milan are confident of completing the deal this week.

Agger, 24, has 18 months left on his deal and Liverpool are said to have offered him a new contract, worth about £70,000 a week, to stay at the club. Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, will attempt to resist Milan’s overtures but the Italians remain certain that the deal can be done.

Can't blame him if he is getting offered 80k or more by one of the biggest clubs in Europe when he isn't getting a regular starting place here, and has found himself fourth in the pecking order at times.

It's up to him to make himself first. Sami and Carra aren't going to be here forever. He's had a massive opportunity make the CB spot his own in the last 3 months. If he hasn't got the stomach to fight for his spot and wants more money he should go to Milan. It's best for all parties.

I'd rather he stay and he accepts a fair deal. I think he and Skrtel can go on and dominate the CB spots in a couple of years time and really make a name for themselves here at Liverpool.

It's up to him to make himself first. Sami and Carra aren't going to be here forever. He's had a massive opportunity make the CB spot his own in the last 3 months. If he hasn't got the stomach to fight for his spot and wants more money he should go to Milan. It's best for all parties.

I'd rather he stay and he accepts a fair deal. I think he and Skrtel can go on and dominate the CB spots in a couple of years time and really make a name for themselves here at Liverpool.

Which is something that we should consider, IMO. Carra probably has a couple of seasons left at the top level, so when we have to buy a defender will we be able to get one at Agger's level for £7.5M?

I know that he and Skrtel didn't cost much but you can't guarantee that a new signing will be good, whereas there's no doubt that Agger is better than good.

I think he adds a new dimension to the side and we should be looking to keep hold of him (even though Skrtel has been excellent and probably has better claims to start based on form).

Sounds like the club is doing everything within reason to keep him and it's up to Daniel Agger. If he wants to go to AC on better terms that's what he is going to choose to do. I don't see this as Rafa not wanting him, it's does Agger want Liverpool. Not exactly endearing qualities for a player who we rehabilitated after long injuries the cheeky so-and-so.

there seems to be this assumption that we can get rid and replace him with equal quality as if quality center backs grew on trees. since jocky retired we didn't have a center back worth a shit until the signing of sami nearly a decade later. I personally think we'd be mad to let him leave. you'd have to pay a signing on fee and wages for quality and how much is THAT going to add up to. people go on about skrtal but personally I don't think he is better than agger.

For me, Agger is a law to himself, football for Daniel, is a means to an end.

I don't think he'll stay at any club for too long. That said, I hope he stays .. :whistle:

From what I have read that seems about right. Defo want him to stay though.

If he doesn't wanna stay, then he can fuck off.

Simple.

Not the words I would of used but this needs consideration. He may not like it here and wants a move??

Fans bang on about loyalty but have a look at this thread.

What loyalty is anyone showing Agger?

You read something in the paper about Milan wanting to sign him and suddenly he's a cunt.

How about giving him the benefit of the doubt?

Well said.

I don't think the papers or us have any idea what is really going on here TBH.