You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will get screwed on any deal because his contract is runing down, so no club will pay top dollar when he will be able to go on a free soon.

I reckon Agger is one of Rafa's best signings. With him and Skrtel at the club we have a class pair of centre backs with different styles that complement one another for the next 5 years. With Carra that gives us 3 top-class cental defenders with Sami filling in as and when. Sami is having a good year, but we can't be confident that he'll be capable of performing at the top level in a year's time. We need cover, and we would be unlikley to be able to buy a player of Agger's class and ability for the difference in his wages over the years of his new contract. So either we buy an unproven (i.e. potentially crap) defender for a few million, or a journeyman or we end up with Arbeloa or one of the kids as cover for JC, Skrtel and Sami.

Agger also gives us a lot more on the ball than any of our other established defenders. We play better football and have an extra attacking option when he plays.

It makes sense to listen to his 'demands' - as someone pointed out, if he really is asdking for 80, that probably means he'll settle for 70-odd.

If Agger wants to leave Liverpool for money, let him.

Aye.

If he wants to leave - let him leave. Sell him for the going rate.

If he thinks Milan have more to offer him, he should go. My view is that Milan are a bit of joke with players that are approaching a hundred and still playing week in week out.

The transfer policy is a joke. Signing Beckham, a washed out Ronaldhino, a washed out shevchenko. They don't have a clue. The only two players that they have, that are any good are Kaka and Pato the rest are over the hill.

I think he is a fantastic player and we should try to keep him, not at all costs but if the 7.5 million figure is correct then fuck that, when he is playing regularly again we could get double that for him and defenders improve as they get older, he will be an immense player in 2 or 3 seasons. Give him his money now, and then we will be in a strong bargaining position, we can sell him next year for 15 million if his attitude doesnt improve, if it does then we will have potentially the best defender in the world at our club.

It all comes down to how much Rafa rates him I think. If he thinks that he's potentially one of the best centre halves in the world (which I think he potentially is) then he should do everything to keep him.

If he thinks that Skrtel is a lot better then he has another decision to make.

It's not long ago that this forum rated him as one of the best around - how things change eh?

It all comes down to how much Rafa rates him I think. If he thinks that he's potentially one of the best centre halves in the world (which I think he potentially is) then he should do everything to keep him.

If he thinks that Skrtel is a lot better then he has another decision to make.

It's not long ago that this forum rated him as one of the best around - how things change eh?

I still think that he has the potential to be awesome. He certainly is one of the best ball playing centre halves in Europe - but if he doesn't want to step up to the challenge of dislodging Skrtel (who's form and partnership with both Carra and Hyypia has been outstanding) and is seeking unreasonable wages while still not proving that he is back to his best then I think it will be a mighty shame that we have to part ways with him.

Currently it's Parry who will be in charge of salary negotiations and the terms of Agger's contract, so whether Rafa rates him or not it will be up to the board and chief scout Parry to set the value of the player to the team. Strange, aye.

I still think that he has the potential to be awesome. He certainly is one of the best ball playing centre halves in Europe - but if he doesn't want to step up to the challenge of dislodging Skrtel (who's form and partnership with both Carra and Hyypia has been outstanding) and is seeking unreasonable wages while still not proving that he is back to his best then I think it will be a mighty shame that we have to part ways with him.

Exactly. If he had the heart for it he could sign a one year extension on £70k and see how things went.

Fuck him.

Fuck footballers. Greedy cunts!