You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably wrong but I'm getting the impression that the people most pissed off about the prospect of agger being allowed to go tend to be the same people who don't want the manager to have more control over our transfer activity.

Get yer spreadsheet out for the lads.

It's always the same thing isn't it. Why does it get to this situation? Why aren't contracts sorted out before we arrive at panic stations?

It's just the same as the transfer window. You can't buy before Jan 1st but why can't deals be tied up before then?

We'll always get shafted in negotiations because we have spineless cocksuckers doing the negotiations on our behalf.

Parry has a history of fucking up contracts.

He was also making a few noises about leaving because Skrtel had his place. I hope he stays but he always has seemed to have a laid back couldnt give a shit attitude, maybe doesnt fancy a fight for his place?

What exactly is a fight for your place? I mean what the hell does that mean, specifically. We've seen players this season who have played shite but never get dropped and other players have great games and not been seen for the next 3 matches.

Jftr, I think Agger is a revelation and we should do whatever it takes to keep him here. Him and Skrtel could be the definition of the Liverpool Defense for the next 10 years or so. If it doesn't work out it's not going to cripple us because he's the type of player who will always have clubs after him. He's just had about 18 months barely playing and AC Milan are still trying to steal him so it's a no-brainer in my opinion. You ask him if he wants to stay and what would make him feel wanted. Then you eiher give it to him or explain why we can't afford to. If he still wants to go after that then we've done what we can.

In today's money, I don't think 70k is too much for Agger. Some of the key players will be on a lot more than that and on contracts they signed 2 or 3 years ago. Won't be long before we have 5 or 6 players on more than 100k per week. It's the going rate and if we don't pay it someone else will.

It might seem greedy but top players earn top wages, if not here then somewhere else.

Gerrard's contract running down? He has 2½ years left. Have you been laying carpets without a facemask?

Rebel has a point though. Parry has a history of fucking up things.

Before we realise, it will be Jan 2010 and people will be panicking because Gerrard will be entering the last year of his contract.

Are you confident on Parry sitting down with Gerrard's agent over the summer to sort out his contract? I'm not.

Fuck, I'm not gonna have to change my European flag again am I??

Just for the record I didnt find him an arrogant fucker when he helped me bunk into Cardiff in 2006 and then sent a signed photo back when I sent him a letter thanking him for being allright and not blowin us up!!

Sign the boy up, he's quality and our defensive future for the next 10 years.

Alas, I can't rep you again, if I could I would have added. Mate, I don't think you know what you know!

Let's agree to disagree then.

Yes, I've worded my posts harshly, but I ust can't force myself to give a shit about a player who's not shown good form for a long time, has been very prone to injury and has spat his dummy at the first sign of competition for places.

Add to that that he's a scumfuck tout and I'm just not arsed if he leaves or stays. I'll happily eat my words if he stays and proves me wrong with his great displays and awesome attitude, but I'd be stAGGERed* if that happened.

*Yes, I went there!

What exactly is a fight for your place? I mean what the hell does that mean, specifically. We've seen players this season who have played shite but never get dropped and other players have great games and not been seen for the next 3 matches.

Jftr, I think Agger is a revelation and we should do whatever it takes to keep him here. Him and Skrtel could be the definition of the Liverpool Defense for the next 10 years or so. If it doesn't work out it's not going to cripple us because he's the type of player who will always have clubs after him. He's just had about 18 months barely playing and AC Milan are still trying to steal him so it's a no-brainer in my opinion. You ask him if he wants to stay and what would make him feel wanted. Then you eiher give it to him or explain why we can't afford to. If he still wants to go after that then we've done what we can.

In today's money, I don't think 70k is too much for Agger. Some of the key players will be on a lot more than that and on contracts they signed 2 or 3 years ago. Won't be long before we have 5 or 6 players on more than 100k per week. It's the going rate and if we don't pay it someone else will.

It might seem greedy but top players earn top wages, if not here then somewhere else.

But it is reported that we have offered 70k and he has turned it down. This may turn out to be wrong, but thats what people are discussing. I think he is an excellent player, but I want excellent players who want to play for Liverpool and 70k a week isn't such a bad wage.

But it is reported that we have offered 70k and he has turned it down. This may turn out to be wrong, but thats what people are discussing. I think he is an excellent player, but I want excellent players who want to play for Liverpool and 70k a week isn't such a bad wage.

That's true mate but it's all from latest reports and those include mentions of him wanting 80k. The info seems spotty at best. I remember a couple of months ago papers saying he wanted 65k and everyone saying what a cheeky fuck he is. If any of the above is true we should have just signed him up 3 months ago for 5k less than we're offering him now and he'd have been happy and none of this shit would even be going on. It's just total dumbfuckedness on the board's behalf.

Where was the suggestion we might get Gourcuff in return? Or was it just you hoping we would?

I will look about now I Know i've seen it a fair bit though.