You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent met with Milan today.

Liverpool won't give Agger what he wants apparently.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned already.

Money or contract length Pete?

18 months left on his contract it's a tough call, sell him now or wait till the summer?

Part of me thinks fuck him off because of the ticket thing. But part of me thinks we should pay up. The lad's a class act.

He is a class act and just getting back to form, football wise I would be sad to see him go.

I heard he wanted 80k a week is that true.

He is a class act and just getting back to form, football wise I would be sad to see him go.

I'm not sure mate. But there's very few centre backs in World football that have the lot and in my humble opinion he does.

He's got more to his game than Skrtl and he's younger than both Carragher and Hyppia (obviously). I think it would be a big mistake to let him go.

Money or contract length Pete?

18 months left on his contract it's a tough call, sell him now or wait till the summer?

Can he buy his contract out in the summer.

Silly me thought we were not going to get caught like this again and once a player was down to two years left he signed or was off. Makes too much sense that.

In all fairness I suppose with Agger the injury played a part.

Can he buy his contract out in the summer.

Silly me thought we were not going to get caught like this again and once a player was down to two years left he signed or was off. Makes too much sense that.

In all fairness I suppose with Agger the injury played a part.

I don't know, he turned 24 in December if that has any bearing. I think he can only go abroad if he does.

If we won't give him what he wants then we are probably skint. We should look at whether it is worth sacrificing transfers like Heskey and paying Agger a little more in order to keep a very talented young player at Anfield.

I'd sacrifice transfers like Heskey to keep Jordy Brouwer at the club!

As for Agger, I'd rather we kept him, but no way would I give him 80k a week, IF that's what he's asking.

If we won't give him what he wants then we are probably skint. We should look at whether it is worth sacrificing transfers like Heskey and paying Agger a little more in order to keep a very talented young player at Anfield.

It's not "a little more" though.

He apparently wants twice what he's on now. Considering he's been out injured for almost a year and risks being second choice once Skrtel is back, I can see why we can't/won't give him that.

I'll be sad to see him go, mind. Hopefully we're able to solve the situation.

The more I hear about Agger the more I'm leaning towards the Tom R "fuck the touting cunt" side of things.

I like him as a player but barely a week goes by without a new Agger story.

And I wish his agent would shut up, just for a day, pretty please.

The more I hear about Agger the more I'm leaning towards the Tom R "fuck the touting cunt" side of things.

I like him as a player but barely a week goes by without a new Agger story.

And I wish his agent would shut up, just for a day, pretty please.

Aye. He obviously doesn't understand the "loyalty" bit of things having been injured for a whole fucking season. Then he comes back and plays a handful of games and wants to double his salary.

Fuck him off and get as much as we could.

It's not "a little more" though.

He apparently wants twice what he's on now. Considering he's been out injured for almost a year and risks being second choice once Skrtel is back, I can see why we can't/won't give him that.

I'll be sad to see him go, mind. Hopefully we're able to solve the situation.

He joined as a young player who wasn't going to be first choice right away, I bet he was on low wages to begin with. With his contract run down he is also in a good bargaining position. I think he is a good player and we should offer him the going rate for an 24 year old international defender with tremendous techical ability - a dyng breed. It's not every day you see players leaving the big clubs for more money elsewhere unless said big club is stingy Arsenal.

He joined as a young player who wasn't going to be first choice right away, I bet he was on low wages to begin with. With his contract run down he is also in a good bargaining position. I think he is a good player and we should offer him the going rate for an 24 year old international defender with tremendous techical ability - a dyng breed. It's not every day you see players leaving the big clubs for more money elsewhere unless said big club is stingy Arsenal.

He joined as an international defender with tremendous technical ability and one of the most sought after young players in Europe. And on top of that he was our most expensive defender ever. Trust me, he got a good deal. How much is anyone's guess but those who say he wants 80k/week now probably aren't far off.

We're prepared to offer sami another 12 months in case agger goes. Every cloud has a silver lining. And I wouldnt give agger 50k a week never mind 80k!

Thankfully you are not running the club. If Agger wants 80k p/w then im sure he would settle for 65-70k. He should be given it. A class act and it would be a mistake not to give it to him.

Whenever we try to sign someone or give a player a new contract we (Meaning all football fans) always mention the wages and the fee and say whether hes worth or not worth it etc.

If you think about it the wages or fee a player commands has no effect on us what so ever. The days of fans saying we pay his wages so we say if hes worth it or not are long gone. Its TV revenue etc that plays the wages these days.

For me the questions should be can we afford to pay the lad what we want. If we can afford it will it affect other things ie will it stop us signing other players or will some of our existing players want parity with what we have given Agger.

If we sell Agger do we have a ready made replacement already in the squad? On the face of it we will probably get another 12 months out of Big Sammi (which I have to admit ive been saying for about 3 years and hes still as good as anyone we have) and maybe 3 years out of Carra. So then we have to look at how much would we have to pay to replace Agger. If you sign an International Class Centre Back there is every chance he may cost as much as what you receive for Agger and you would probably have to pay the type of wage that Agger is asking for unless Rafa can pull another one out of the bag like Skirtel.

Guest RafaIsRafa

Liverpool won't give Agger what he wants apparently.

Do you know if thats in a we are being tramps way, or he's taking the piss with his demands way?

Ta for the info aswell.