You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez coming on sly sports news now

ratcatcher

Anyone seriously comparing this with the Keegan outburst is either:-

- a complete simpleton who can't see beyond the superficial similarities and realise how completely different the two scenarios are. The main difference off course being that the Keegan situation was an emotional outburst in response to something while Rafa's was a calculated action to get a response.

or

- someone with an agenda who will use any excuse to bash Rafa.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Needed to be said. The guys a bully. He even did it in the champions league final, waiting for the Ref at halftime grabbing his arm and telling him stuff.

I think after what happened to masch at old trafford it needed to be done.

The guy complains about the kicks ronaldo gets but send his centre halfs to kick other forwards.

Anyone seriously comparing this with the Keegan outburst is either:-

- a complete simpleton who can't see beyond the superficial similarities and realise how completely different the two scenarios are. The main difference off course being that the Keegan situation was an emotional outburst in response to something while Rafa's was a calculated action to get a response.

or

- someone with an agenda who will use any excuse to bash Rafa.

Or a manc twat

whcih is the same as simpleton

dont you just fucking love rafa.he dealt in indesputable facts.he spoke the truth.ferguson is a big jock pisshead bully and i believe he is shitting himself at the thought of us being top and only getting better in the last half of the season.expect a snide reply from "sir"alex anytime now. viva espana !!

Maybe too Rafa ought to have asked why it is that in the last calendar year (ie in 2008,) Mike Riley has refereed 9 Manchester United games; Steve Bennett 5. Yet, remarkably, none for Martin Atkinson since the Portsmouth Cup game, and indeed none by Howard webb since Ferguson slaughtered him after the Emirates match.

Of course, the media have preferred to utterly ignore the substance and gone off on the 'Keegan rant' line. The report in the (Manchester) Guardian describes this conference as an 'incoherent rant' - yet it was scripted and very calm and measured.

It needed saying, although he doesn't need to do Scolari's dirty work for him - should have waited until the Old Trafford game.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Zonal marking on the Man United staff

Genius

Go ed lad

Just watching the interview for the first time now

Rafa's got that black soulless look in his eye, like a fucking shark, he knew what he was doing

Genius

Go ed lad

Rafa's got that black soulless look in his eye, like a fucking shark, he knew what he was doing

No doubt Andy Gray and Richard Keys will rip into Rafa on Sunday saying that the zonal marking isn't the way to do it and they should go man to man!

Genius

Go ed lad

He definitely knew what he was doing. It was clearly pre-meditated and he remained calm and composed during the interview.

It's the complete opposite of the Keegan rant from a decade ago and anybody who thinks it is similar is an idiot. Which is probably why the British media will portray it as "Rafa cracks" in the morning.

Ferguson will be sitting on his commode at home, pummelling his big fucking head with his fists, like the Japanese camp commander in Bridge On The River Kwai when he gets outsmarted by Alec Guinness. There'll be shit, slobber and wife cracking in the Ferguson household tonight, particularly if Darren turns up with his tart. Then, tomorrow, after the incontinent Knight of Shite gets his act together, Ferguson will smile for the press and say "Aye, looks like we have him riled right and proper. Aye, so we have". But he'll be thinking 'the fat, Spanish cunt is too clever me, by jings!'. Bravo, Rafa!

Well in El Gaffa! When he got the bit of paper out and started speaking I cracked up, that was brilliant. United have Chelski on sunday aswell, and they probably won't have expected this at all, well funny.

He's right at the end though, we have to focus on our own game on saturday, and that other match doesn't matter at all right now.

It's so clear that the press will make this run till the end of the season now. I just hope that Ferguson hasn't actually got to Rafa but just Rafa responding in kind. I think Rafa's too strongheaded and too tactically (mentally and on the pitch) acute and savvy for it to have got to him on a personal level.

As Brownie said this is what I want from my manager, no shit from anyone. Interview should be on the Sky Sports website soon enough, they'll probably run it as their main story for the rest of the day now. Kind of suprised the yellow breaking news ticker hasn't flashed 'RAFAEL BENITEZ ATTACKS ALEX FREGUSON'.

No chance. Rafa has come out all guns blazing here. He's no fool Rafa, especially when it comes to the media. He bitchslapped Jose both on and off the field during the CL games and for him to go so directly at Ferguson is fantastic. I've seen it and it is beautiful.

Carra will love this.

It certainly puts Steve Bennett under the microscope as well when Wigan play the Mancs in a week or so as well.

I thought that aswell, just playing the mancs at there own game. Bennetts performance will be under the microscope no doubt so (hopefully) we wont have too many contentious decisions. Just watched the video and Rafa has merely stated what we have all been thinking for years, the way he delivered it was spot on tho unlike wenger who always gets a tad too emotional and lets that get in the way of making a solid argument.

As said in a few posts im buzzing having watched that, i disagree with people saying it puts too much pressure on the players.....i personally think they will be buzzing off it aswell especially stevie and carra. The game is now well and truly fucking on and im loving it.

Guest davelfc
Bacon face .. :whistle:

Some more from that foroum

"anyone attempting to put this down to Benitez cracking is either A. a Rag B. not seen the press conference.

Its sad how we've come to a point where people are lauding someone who dares stand up and question the bent authorities by stating facts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It should never have got this far, but the F.A have the "Greatest League in thr World" to promote to everyone around the world, they need the most successfull club to perform so they can draw the unsuspecting puntors in."

very funny and very very true. it's about time someone gave bacon face both barrels. top marks rafa.

I don't usually like Rafa but this was class. His little list of facts he brings with him is mint.

Just seen it.

Quality viewing and RB has gone right up in my estimation.

Look forward to the baconface retort!

Awesome Rafa ! You the man !!

Its about time someone give it that horrible bacon-faced Jock T**t !

they should build a statue, and knight the man.

That was class Ferguson just got a taste of his own medicine its about time other managers stood up to him like this and more.Whats that teens say now he's been owned.

I love the way he was awaiting the correct moment to unravel his list from his pocket and then unleashed both barrels. A perfect execution. Loving the fact he called him Mr Ferguson rather than Sir Bacon Face.

"there are 2 ways we can do the fixtures, like we do in Spain or in Mr fergusons office."

HAHAHAHAHA

Rafa's just gone up in my estimations! He should have called him Taggart instead of Mr Ferguson for extra effect...

Needed to be said....let's hope the other managers follow suit amd stop cowering (won't hold me breath) to this dictator.

Top stuff Rafa lad!

This is the kind of thing I'd be doing all the time if I were a Premier League manager. Ferguson has had the FA wrapped wound his little finger for years, it's about time someone showed him for what he is. I would fucking love it if Liverpool won the league, would piss the rags off no end.

what a legend ..finally some one with balls..this is the man to lead us...please liverpool win the title this year