You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2009

Woo

Dalla Valle (sp?) turns out to become a top player if trained well apparently. This lad who is in his 70th season said Dalla Valle was one of his top buys.

When I was at Liverpool I just bought Vela so Arsenal couldn't have him. Did cost me 60 million in third season though. He put Gerrard out of the team though so it turned out to be a good buy.

70th season? Fuck me, I bet he's single.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is why i am shit at thhis game

Just need to do a few things in this game really.

Find what works for you, tactically, and build your team into that mould. Pick a club which has some able staff which can fit into your tactical wants.

Find at least one scout that has 19/19 or better and pay whatever you have to, to get him.

Search 'No club' and look for coaches with decent mental/working with youth stats... and one high stat which you need(tactical, technical, attacking, etc.) so you have a solid coaching staff, and write new coaching schedules. This is the first thing that I do, always, when at a new club.

Use your budget the best way you can.

Don't sell a player, unless you have a replacement, he's a surplus player, or need the money to buy a better replacement. I try to keep my first team with 20-21 players MAX... and I'll always try to have two or three, four or five star potential youths in my youth side to bring in for cup games/weak games/emergency call-ups.

Always scout your buys with your best scout, and I usually have one 20/20 guy that I'll steal from some club, somewhere, and I'll do a report card with him on ANY player I buy, before I buy him.

Try to build a squad with a good mentality.

My Dortmund squad is dead loyal, and very determined. They are winning everything because of it.

Arsenal wouldn't budge lower than €193m for Fabregas, and Barca wanted €133m for Messi.

I can't get that much cash... those bastards.

Just bought Messi for Liverpool for the pittance price of £35.5m.

£130k a week wages plus £5million signing on fee. Had to fork out £20k per appearance and £10k per goal to get him.

Started a game with Milan.

How much can you get Insua for in the first season(Or second season)?

I have £10M to spend and I need a right winger. Any suggestions?

You can get him on loan first season, Gav. I got him in my second season for £3.5m plus 10% profit of next transfer.

As for a right winger, Valencia is pretty good. Bangoura as has been mentioned.

Sofiane Feghouli from Grenoble turns out to be world class, I would recommend him aswell.

Andrea Mazzarani from Udinese is a another class youngster.

Don't forget, you have Gourcruff back off loan second season who is another world class player.

You can get him on loan first season, Gav. I got him in my second season for £3.5m plus 10% profit of next transfer.

As for a right winger, Valencia is pretty good. Bangoura as has been mentioned.

Sofiane Feghouli from Grenoble turns out to be world class, I would recommend him aswell.

Andrea Mazzarani from Udinese is a another class youngster.

Don't forget, you have Gourcruff back off loan second season who is another world class player.

Cheers, they wont loan Insua to me - not suprised really.

Looking at Bangoura, but Zenit want £12M for Arshavin so I'm trying to scuffle up another 2 million somewhere!

Into January in my 6th season with QPR, and I think this may be the season I finally topple Man Utd. After 21 games in the league, I am 6 points clear at the top of the table. I have PSG in the last 16 of the Champions League, and into the last 4 of the Carling Cup against Liverpool, drew 2-2 at Anfield in the 1st leg.

I think I need a new goalkeeper. Riou has been a bit below par this season, with an Av.Rat of 6.84. He has only conceded 14 in 28 games, but I was thinking of replacing him anyway. I would definitely keep him here as my back-up, but he isn't the world class keeper that my side needs.

Hyypia left my backroom staff to go manage Leeds, who are bottom of the Premiership. I feel like a part me has died. :(

What season was that?

2011/12, he hadn't signed a new contract so his minimum release clause was exploited. He went straight on international duty for Argentina in the Copa America, so not had a chance to play him behind Torres yet.

A useful thing to gauge whether a youth player will make the grade or not, is to bring him in on trial for 4 weeks, let him play in the ressies, trialists always play ahead of reserve players, unless you are running the ressies of course. During the 4 weeks you can pretty much see how he'd develop. Also gives you a chance to gather several coach reports on top of your scouting reports.

Just finished my 2nd season with City. Finished 10th which is absolutly shit i think the only thing that save my job was the fact i won the Uefa Cup.

Changed my formation after advice from Woo and Unrighteous and only lost 2 games againts man-u n liverpool. so thanks.

lets hope i do better this season

Time to spend some cash

Just finished my 2nd season with City. Finished 10th which is absolutly shit i think the only thing that save my job was the fact i won the Uefa Cup.

Changed my formation after advice from Woo and Unrighteous and only lost 2 games againts man-u n liverpool. so thanks.

lets hope i do better this season

Time to spend some cash

Hmm... I don't think I had received my rep for that, yet. :whistle:

I am at a problem now. Pogrebnyak is 30, Zhirkov is 31, Vargas is 31... I haven't found incredible regens in those positions yet. I have strong youths in those positions, obviously, but I am not sure what to do... do I spend some of my cash or just slot my youth in... decisions decisions!

I am at a problem now. Pogrebnyak is 30, Zhirkov is 31, Vargas is 31... I haven't found incredible regens in those positions yet. I have strong youths in those positions, obviously, but I am not sure what to do... do I spend some of my cash or just slot my youth in... decisions decisions!

i wont let me i need to spred the love first and no-one deserves it yet

id stick your youth in there as if u dont do it now u never will and it will be a waste of scouting ect ect.

but id still buy a back-up just incase as u will be losing your older players

Because you gave shit advice. Only the weak play with two holding midfielders. One is more than enough, and even then, at times he is unnecessary. (I'm only having a laugh, don't get your knickers in a twist).

Whereas I even uploaded my tactic to see if it would help him, and gave him better advice all round.

PS: Bring the youth through Lancey Pants, if they are as good as you say they are, they'll do the job.

Because you gave shit advice. Only the weak play with two holding midfielders. One is more than enough, and even then, at times he is unnecessary. (I'm only having a laugh, don't get your knickers in a twist).

Whereas I even uploaded my tactic to see if it would help him, and gave him better advice all round.

PS: Bring the youth through Lancey Pants, if they are as good as you say they are, they'll do the job.

Yeah, I think the kid is good enough but I am worried because he isn't pacey. Zhirkov won't be replaced by him but that John fleck guy i bought to back him up is actually playing shit, no assists, no goals, so I am going to get rid and let my 18 year old serb finish the season, I think.

I used two holding midfielders in the MC positions, covering each side of the pitch and it works really well. Only conceded four times so far this season.

Yeah, I think the kid is good enough but I am worried because he isn't pacey. Zhirkov won't be replaced by him but that John fleck guy i bought to back him up is actually playing shit, no assists, no goals, so I am going to get rid and let my 18 year old serb finish the season, I think.

I used two holding midfielders in the MC positions, covering each side of the pitch and it works really well. Only conceded four times so far this season.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone. A holding midfielder (to me) insinuates that he plays as a DM. Two CM's with refined player instructions is a lot different.

Which is it Lance?

PS: Yeah, John Fleck was a disappointment for me. Bought him for £2m, sold him for £7m, plus 25% of next sale fee, and a buy back clause of £9m.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold the phone. A holding midfielder (to me) insinuates that he plays as a DM. Two CM's with refined player instructions is a lot different.

Which is it Lance?

PS: Yeah, John Fleck was a disappointment for me. Bought him for £2m, sold him for £7m, plus 25% of next sale fee, and a buy back clause of £9m.

Two CMs with refined player instructions, then.