You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2009

Woo

The wait is over. After 6 seasons with QPR, I finally won the Premiership. Finished the season on 89 points. Man Utd were shite, and finished 5th on 70 points. Hahaha! But, that's not all, I also won the Champions League, beating Lyon in the final 2-1. And I beat Spurs on penalties in the FA Cup. Add that to my 5-0 bumming of Man Utd in the League Cup.

prem.jpg

Yeah, that's right motherfuckers, I won the motherfucking quadruple! Kiss my ring!

Rosas finished the season with 57 goals, he's the best striker I have ever had on any FM or CM.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres cannot score for me, however Adriano is taking on the burden. Third season in, making ground on my first league title (P12, W9, D2, L1) putting me four points clear of Spurs.

In my first two seasons only managed a paltry FA Cup and Champions League success.

Formation as thus;

--------------------Reina------------------

Rafinha------Skrtel-------Sakho-------Insua

-----------Gerrard-------Camacho----------

Dos Santos--------------------------Bolotelli

----------Adriano---------Torres------------

Delle

Carragher

Alonso

Arshavin

Nemeth

Mascherano

Sturridge

3 players who I have found out, after I osld them have -10 or -9 potential (better than Bojan).

Henri Anier- Estonian lad who is a good young striker.

Franco Zuculini- Argentinian mid.

Frederico Laurito- Peruvian striker.

All of these turn into world-beaters and I amazingly let Laurito go for 3 million and Anier for 4 million. Still got Zuculini though.

Preferred move training

I go to player interactions and ask the guy to try to run down the right wing. But when I look in his individual training setup it doesn't have it listed and says 0% of his training routine.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Preferred move training

I go to player interactions and ask the guy to try to run down the right wing. But when I look in his individual training setup it doesn't have it listed and says 0% of his training routine.

Anyone know how to make this work?

When you've asked a player to focus on a preferred move, does the player then respond in a positive manner? If the player is not receptive to your suggestion, then they will not train themselves for that preferred move.

A lot depends on the adaptability of the player, as well as age and the players existing preferred moves.

I'm in February in my first season as Bradford in L2. Been reasonable easy having set Man U up as my Parent team. Got Gibson and Fabio in season long loans and Welbeck in January to the end of the season as Peter Thorne broke his leg. Fabio as LM, Gibson in MC along side Mascio (leg) and Omar Daley on the right. Got some young Venezulan with a mad long name playing up front on his own, cost me 7k and has 14 goals in 26 games, but thats subsidised by the high scoring midfielders I have.

Currently first 15 points clear and in Northern final of JPT. Best moment so far was beating Hull 2-1 at the KC in the 3rd round of the FA Cup in the 95th minute. Took Blackburn to a replay-extra time game in the 4th round but that peskey Santa Cruz scores a hattrick in 15 minutes to dash my hopes.

I love FM

When you've asked a player to focus on a preferred move, does the player then respond in a positive manner? If the player is not receptive to your suggestion, then they will not train themselves for that preferred move.

A lot depends on the adaptability of the player, as well as age and the players existing preferred moves.

Sorted now mate, nice one

Developing young players by sending them out on loan also needs consideration. Be sure to send youngsters to clubs where they will be valuable players rather than backup. Another factor to consider is the quality of the training facilities of the club the player is going to, the better the facilities, the more chance the player has to develop.

Finally, also have a look at the manager of the club the player is going to and make sure that his preferred style/method is on a par with your own methodology. Defensive players will be more receptive to defensive minded managers, and vice-versa for attacking players.

I still maintain that trialling youngsters is the best method to judge if they'll be good enough for you, rather than solely scouting them for a period.

I'm in February in my first season as Bradford in L2. Been reasonable easy having set Man U up as my Parent team. Got Gibson and Fabio in season long loans and Welbeck in January to the end of the season as Peter Thorne broke his leg. Fabio as LM, Gibson in MC along side Mascio (leg) and Omar Daley on the right. Got some young Venezulan with a mad long name playing up front on his own, cost me 7k and has 14 goals in 26 games, but thats subsidised by the high scoring midfielders I have.

Currently first 15 points clear and in Northern final of JPT. Best moment so far was beating Hull 2-1 at the KC in the 3rd round of the FA Cup in the 95th minute. Took Blackburn to a replay-extra time game in the 4th round but that peskey Santa Cruz scores a hattrick in 15 minutes to dash my hopes.

I love FM

I started a new game as Exeter over the weekend, and was going to ask for recommendations for lower league players/loan signings but you've answered my questions already. I didn't think of setting United (or anyone else for that matter) up as my parent team, I'll get on that tonight.

How many loan signings are clubs allowed to make during a season?

I started a new game as Exeter over the weekend, and was going to ask for recommendations for lower league players/loan signings but you've answered my questions already. I didn't think of setting United (or anyone else for that matter) up as my parent team, I'll get on that tonight.

How many loan signings are clubs allowed to make during a season?

I think you're allowed 4 on loan for a season, and 4 on short term loans at any one time, but there is a maximum of 8 short term loans a season (I think).

But that is just if you're loaning from English clubs, there is no limit if you're loaning from abroad.

I think you're allowed 4 on loan for a season, and 4 on short term loans at any one time, but there is a maximum of 8 short term loans a season (I think).

But that is just if you're loaning from English clubs, there is no limit if you're loaning from abroad.

Ah right, cheers mate.

I've done some serious wheeling and dealing this January transfer window.

I bought the two best german attacking talents under 18, both five starred youths(AMC, AML) ... I signed Barcelona's Six star DM on a free since the contract wound down. He would have cost me €30m according to scout reports. Spent €8m a piece on the germans.

I signed Arsenal's 16 year old Fabregas replacement regen (CM) for €8m

Signed another spanish AMR wonderkid on a free, and he would have cost €20m according to scout reports.

I've now got Kuba covered, as I have two under 21 wonderkid AMR's and a AMR wonderkid in my youth squad.

Brought in Nani has an immeadiate replacement for Zhirkov for €25m, as Zhirkov is turning 32 next season... and I have five star serbian left winger who is 18... and that german kid who is 15.

Pogrebnyak is still fantastic but turning 31... I have Pato, Kostic, and Spanish wonderkid Merchan who are all ace. So that's covered.

I am ridiculously deep at CM now... and my defenders are ace and young. Sakho, Chygrynskyi, Nicola Metzger(really ace german defender), and Kevin Vernon(english regen).

I had €70m to spend, and I think I did well. I also sold John Fleck to Man Utd for €22m as he sucked anus...

Question for Medazza. Just installed the new patch and noticed that Beckham is not on loan at AC Milan, do you know of any reason(s) for this?

short term loans are not included. I think it has to be a minimum of 5 months. it is presumably to avoid problems with players going to several clubs during a season etc

If he told you why, he'd have to kill you.

:eek:

Well now I have found him...I can be prepared

Anyway, not at home yet but when I get back i'll post an update. Notts County in League 2 but I lost my first 2 games. I had to play a youth goalie because I had no one else and got beat by Darlington 7-0 then Derby in the League Cup. 13th in the league now but I don't want promotion this season because I want to build up my squad. Got Pacheco and Darby in on loan and they are playing well. Other loan signings are Merida and Sears. Got some big target guy from Leeds who has been banging them in and has 4 assists in 3 games.

After selling the likes of Riou, Insua, Demidov, Santana, Alonso and Foster, I had just over £80m to spend.

I only wanted two players, Joe Mattock and Hugo Lloris. Man Utd rejected £60m for Mattock, so I have had to settle for some Italian guy called Vasco Regini from Lazio, who's stats are just as good as Mattock's, yet the scouts don't seem to rate him. Lyon rejected £45m for Lloris, but I have around £70m to get my man.

Also brought in Craig Gordon and Ashely Young on bosmans, and a 20 year Iranian centre mid who is fucking awesome, 20 for passing, corners and technique, he will replace Xabi as my playmaker.