You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2009

Woo

Nah Woo, I use Damien Mozika in the MC position and he's absolutely brilliant in that role despite being down as DM.

As an aside, I'm 4th with Chester in the middle of February. It's really tight at the top though.

No, that's not what I mean Jules. I'm not on about what the players role is, whether it be DM, or AMC. I mean that position wise on the pitch, everyone plays with two CM's. They can be defensive or attacking, but I don't know anyone who doesn't play two midfielders in the centre.

So for example, where Santana and Poncelet are on my screenshot there, Santana is an AMC, but he still gets played as a CM. If that makes sense.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's not what I mean Jules. I'm not on about what the players role is, whether it be DM, or AMC. I mean that position wise on the pitch, everyone plays with two CM's. They can be defensive or attacking, but I don't know anyone who doesn't play two midfielders in the centre.

So for example, where Santana and Poncelet are on my screenshot there, Santana is an AMC, but he still gets played as a CM. If that makes sense.

Everyone does not play with CMs... there are a few popular tactics used without two CMs.

Everyone does not play with CMs... there are a few popular tactics used without two CMs.

Like what? Just curious, as I can't think of a single on that would work without at least two CM's. There are plenty that work with 3 CM's, or maybe two DM's and a CM.

Ah yeah it does, surely one in the middle would leave a team swamped?

still not sure when the patch is out but I expect it to be tomorrow or over the weekend.

Anyway - for the purists amongst you I suggest you lower the cash the club has from £70m to £10m. That stops the board giving you more cash if you ask for it. In reality that money is ring fenced for the ground but the game just sees cash and offers it!

I am sure some of you will be happy to leave things as they are!

The testers only just spotted this issue but it is too late to alter

Edited by Medazza

Coming up to the end of March, and things are going great. Hammered Man Utd 5-0 in the League Cup final. Beat PSG in the last 16 of the Champions League, got Madrid in the Quarter Final. With 10 league games to go, I am top, 5 points clear of Man Utd in 2nd. I play them at home, second to last game of the season, so that could be the title decider. Also in the Semi Final of the FA Cup.

Cesar Rosas has been nothing short of magical, 46 goals in 42 appearances.

Balotelli has just scored the winner for me against Juventus in the 11th minute of injury time! There was only supposed to be 6 minutes.

He's now got 16 goals in 15 games this season.

He's been class as a back up striker for me, got 13 goals and 5 assists in 21 appearances, 10 of which were from the bench. He starts all my domestic up games though!

He's been class as a back up striker for me, got 13 goals and 5 assists in 21 appearances, 10 of which were from the bench. He starts all my domestic up games though!

You must have some class strikers if he's only a back up. I'm going to struggle to keep him I think, his contract is up soon.

You must have some class strikers if he's only a back up. I'm going to struggle to keep him I think, his contract is up soon.

I only play with one upfront, and it's this man;

rosas2.png

So you can kindof see why he is only backup.

I tried to get a winger from West Brom who made his league and England debut at 16. (Okay I was England manager) They just turned down a bid of 16 million and he has the potential to be a better winger than my current left midfielders...Vela and fernandez. Doesn't look good at the moment though but I would love that Rosas guy because he would do well with my other striker who is my target man Waller (regen).

To be fair, when I signed Rosas, he was possibly the best striker on the game then, and I paid £26m for him, so I can't take much credit for bringing him through and nurturing him.

However, this guy cost me £3m when he was 17, and now look at him. Awesome name aswell;

martini.jpg

And this one, who cost me £4.5m when he too was 17, he is a good two seasons away from being anywhere near his full potential though;

barnes.jpg

And my partner at the back for Sakho, who cost me £12m when he just turned 18, has developed into the best centre back on the game;

lindner.jpg

Beat Madrid in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League 5-4 on aggregate. 2-2 in the Bernabeau, and 3-2 at Loftus Road, thanks to a hat trick from Rosas.

Then the game after that, I beat Newcastle in the Semi Final of the FA Cup, 3-2, with, yet again, another hat trick from Rosas.

Madness!!!