You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2009

Woo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't lost in Germany in something like 70 matches, and I nearly lost against HSV.

They scored a belter at the 85th minute at home against us, breaking the 0-0... and it looked like I was going to lose.

Florin Kostic and Merchan off the bench made it 2-1 with Merchan netting in the 90th+5 minute of stoppage and Kostic hitting one on the 89th minute mark.

I am really excited for my next season as I've spent a lot of money bringing in some top quality youth and I want to start phasing Pogrebnyak, Zhirkov, Kuba, and Gojko Kacar out of the squad, whom are my oldest players... exception of Vargas who is 31, but I can't find a suitable replacement. There is a brazilian kid called Josue who looks good and I might make an offer on...

My squad is turning VERY spanish, though with me cherry picking the best youths out of Spain. Spain's top youth striker, both their ace young right wingers, a five-star CB(16yrs old), their new Fabregas that I poached from Barca are all looking like they will break into my squad, with some of them already making the jump.

I don't know why people even make the guys after themselves...

Every FM game I have ever done has had a different manager. Russian, Ukrainian, Japanese, Spanish, English, Hungarian, Portuguese, etc.

I always switch nationalities but I always use my own name.

If I'm in England or Scotland I go with Mick Jones as I like to seem the down to earth ex-player come good but in Europe its always the full Michael.

I've even been a Sir and a Dr!

I always switch nationalities but I always use my own name.

If I'm in England or Scotland I go with Mick Jones as I like to seem the down to earth ex-player come good but in Europe its always the full Michael.

I've even been a Sir and a Dr!

My Dortmund manager is a Russian former International Player Maxim Kosminov.

My japanese manager was a fellow called Takashi Mitsu.

Hungarian? Lazslo Puskas...

etc.

My Dortmund manager is a Russian former International Player Maxim Kosminov.

My japanese manager was a fellow called Takashi Mitsu.

Hungarian? Lazslo Puskas...

etc.

Lance, I know I take the piss a lot, but come on, that is seriously fucking gay.

Mine is always Alex Woo, or some varitation of that.

Lance, I know I take the piss a lot, but come on, that is seriously fucking gay.

Mine is always Alex Woo, or some varitation of that.

Why? Its a fucking game. Besides, that means that if you do well with the club then your name will be ALL over the Hall of Fame.

Besides, you get knowledge of other countries. I never have a manager with the same background as the country that I am playing in...

Why? Its a fucking game. Besides, that means that if you do well with the club then your name will be ALL over the Hall of Fame.

Besides, you get knowledge of other countries. I never have a manager with the same background as the country that I am playing in...

You gain knowlege by managing other countries, or scouting them a lot. In my QPR game, I have knowledge of England, China, Nigeria, Spain, Chile and Italy, even though I have only managed QPR.

My scouting knowledge is an impressive 55%, I'm made up with that!

You gain knowlege by managing other countries, or scouting them a lot. In my QPR game, I have knowledge of England, China, Nigeria, Spain, Chile and Italy, even though I have only managed QPR.

My scouting knowledge is an impressive 55%, I'm made up with that!

I know but I like to start the game with knowledge of a foreign country and build on that. Anyway, I'd feel quite douchey having the manager be me...

I might give it a try someday... but not now!

Played my first game last night in the Premiership with Wolves. Drew 0-0 at fellow promoted Sheff United. After bossing the championship and getting promoted in march, ending up with 102 points, a massive 19 clear of second, I managed to sign loads of great players. Got Crespo, Owen, Ze Roberto, Dudek, Spearing and Leo Franco on frees, aswell as Insúa on a permanent and Upson for £8mil to strengthen the defence. Another defender I picked up was someone who's name I think is Mallegon(I'll check at home later), who cost about £250k, and looks ace. Top scorer Kevin Doyle went to Villa for a massive £16M, which covered most of my spending, and as posted in picture form yesterday, Stephen Appiah went to Koln(£3M), and I still have to pay £6k a week for the next 3 years! Looking good for the Premiership, and a 2-2 draw in Pre-Season when Liverpool came to the Molyneux raised my beliefs that I will more than likely stay up this year

Played my first game last night in the Premiership with Wolves. Drew 0-0 at fellow promoted Sheff United. After bossing the championship and getting promoted in march, ending up with 102 points, a massive 19 clear of second, I managed to sign loads of great players. Got Crespo, Owen, Ze Roberto, Dudek, Spearing and Leo Franco on frees, aswell as Insúa on a permanent and Upson for £8mil to strengthen the defence. Another defender I picked up was someone who's name I think is Mallegon(I'll check at home later), who cost about £250k, and looks ace. Top scorer Kevin Doyle went to Villa for a massive £16M, which covered most of my spending, and as posted in picture form yesterday, Stephen Appiah went to Koln(£3M), and I still have to pay £6k a week for the next 3 years! Looking good for the Premiership, and a 2-2 draw in Pre-Season when Liverpool came to the Molyneux raised my beliefs that I will more than likely stay up this year

Johnny Magallon, the mexican centre back?

Kinell... I love my squad.

Beat AC Milan 2-4 at the San Siro, and then they came to Dortmund and 55 minutes in... Miguel Veloso got red carded.

I was shitting it, but right afterwards Vargas put in a free kick, and then in the 80th minute Merchan split the defence and ran in on goal chipping a ball over their keeper for a 2-0 home victory.

My City squad rules. I know it's easy with them but i was bored. First season i won the league, am currently 4th 6 points off top with 7 games left and still in the CL QF with tabe toppers Arsenal up next in my second season.

Team is usually a 4231: Asenjo, Heitinga, Richards, Gonzalo, Insua, Moutinho, Johnson, Robinho, Diego, Zhirkov, Keirrison.

Squad players include Renato Augusto, Zucilini, Bojan, Balotelli, Saivet, Hart, Sakho, Santon, Veloso (shite).

Veloso isn't shite... he's pretty ace, actually.

Averaged low 6's for me since he joined, he's just asked to go on the transfer list. Blown the title with 2 bad home draws but just beat Arsenal 5-4 on agg in the CL QF. 3-0 down with 25 minutes left at home in the first leg, Bojan nicked me 2 goals and we drew 3-3. Won 2-1 away from home despite being 1-0 down, having Gonzalo sent off with 20 minutes left and they then hit the post in the 94th minute.

Real Madrid next....Spurs now in the FA Cup semi final.

Averaged low 6's for me since he joined, he's just asked to go on the transfer list. Blown the title with 2 bad home draws but just beat Arsenal 5-4 on agg in the CL QF. 3-0 down with 25 minutes left at home in the first leg, Bojan nicked me 2 goals and we drew 3-3. Won 2-1 away from home despite being 1-0 down, having Gonzalo sent off with 20 minutes left and they then hit the post in the 94th minute.

Real Madrid next....Spurs now in the FA Cup semi final.

Averages high six in League

Averages high sevens in CL, scored seven goals this season and has eight assists to boot.

Was losing 2-0 to Mansfield in FA Cup first round. Brought on Pacheco, 2 goals and 2 assists in the second half. Luiziao (sp?) scored a 30 yard lob in the 91st minute so I won 5-2. My manager knowledge is pretty bad really. Just have English, Northern Irish (national manager) and France.

I just had some serious squeaky bum against Arsenal...

I won 0-1 at the Emirates, and we went back to Dortmund and I was up 2-0 after 30 minutes and started thinking that it was over...

then the fuckers scored 3 goals in 15 minutes.

Zhirkov's effort in the 70th minute made it 4-3 on agg and the final... but yikes.

Won more trophies...

Sold Florin Kostic, who was ace but always fucking injured. I wanted to go back to AMC/ST instead of ST/ST for a majority of games.

I purchased Sergio Aguero for €62m euros from Atletico to be my first XI AMC. I have Nuri Sahin and 18 year old wonderkid as backups.

Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina, and Italy approached me to be their new manager... and I picked Brazil.

I didn't realise you had to go watch a match a week... what a bunch of crapola... sort of don't want to do it now.

Won more trophies...

Sold Florin Kostic, who was ace but always fucking injured. I wanted to go back to AMC/ST instead of ST/ST for a majority of games.

I purchased Sergio Aguero for €62m euros from Atletico to be my first XI AMC. I have Nuri Sahin and 18 year old wonderkid as backups.

Brazil, England, Spain, Argentina, and Italy approached me to be their new manager... and I picked Brazil.

I didn't realise you had to go watch a match a week... what a bunch of crapola... sort of don't want to do it now.

You don't have to Lance, just ignore it.