You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Heskey return? Utter bollocks I hope!!

JMARKH

I really don't think we did. How many starts did he have with Torres? If it was more than five I'd be astounded.

They had 7 starts together, losses at home to Marseille and away to Reading early in the season might be the reason we did not see the partnership more often together with the fact it was either Torres or Crouch in Rafas eyes, something I agree with.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason Heskey was great for his first full season was because Owen was inured for long stretches. He played on the shoulder of the last defender. As soon as Owen came back Houllier turned him into a flick on merchant.

IMO Houllier completely removed his confidence and turned the pass and move Liverpool into Wimbledon hoof ball Liverpool. Carragher still falls into the mode occassionally.

People who call Heskey "shit" and even worse "a coward" display very little footballing knowledge at all and should be ashamed for labelling one of the most selfless Liverpool players in recent history in such a fashion. How many goals do you think Owen would have scored without Heskey doing all of the hard work and running. Do you believe a manager as credentialed as Cappello would select a shit player to play for England when he has so many to choose from.

Personally, I prefer having two ball playing forwards up front as we do at the moment but the option of having Heskey coming off the bench or starting a game against the more physical teams would certainly be appealling. I think he would have made a great deal of difference against a team like Stoke where we were trying to finesse the ball in.

The days of forwards being judged purely on goals and defenders purely on defending have been gone for twenty years. Balance and diversity is required in modern football. Heskey brings elements to the team that we do not have in any single player. Why not take advantage of that.

Agreed.

I haven't read through the whole thread, and I appologize if this has been pointed out already, but we are playing Wigan this weekend.

Yep, the same way we get 'Gerrard/Torres to Chelsea/Man City' rumours before we play them.

The reason Heskey was great for his first full season was because Owen was inured for long stretches. He played on the shoulder of the last defender. As soon as Owen came back Houllier turned him into a flick on merchant.

IMO Houllier completely removed his confidence and turned the pass and move Liverpool into Wimbledon hoof ball Liverpool. Carragher still falls into the mode occassionally.

People who call Heskey "shit" and even worse "a coward" display very little footballing knowledge at all and should be ashamed for labelling one of the most selfless Liverpool players in recent history in such a fashion. How many goals do you think Owen would have scored without Heskey doing all of the hard work and running. Do you believe a manager as credentialed as Cappello would select a shit player to play for England when he has so many to choose from.

Personally, I prefer having two ball playing forwards up front as we do at the moment but the option of having Heskey coming off the bench or starting a game against the more physical teams would certainly be appealling. I think he would have made a great deal of difference against a team like Stoke where we were trying to finesse the ball in.

The days of forwards being judged purely on goals and defenders purely on defending have been gone for twenty years. Balance and diversity is required in modern football. Heskey brings elements to the team that we do not have in any single player. Why not take advantage of that.

I'm sorry mate but that's a load of shite, IMO. I think you'd have a different opinion if you travelled across the world to watch us and Heskey limped off after ten minutes for no reason.

He's a fucking tart. He was limping around the pitch for England on Wednesday and was eventually substituted because of it, yet there's no reports of him being a doubt for today from what I gather.

Shithouse.

Heskey's got great ability and when he's on his game no defender in the country can live with him. Unfortunately he's only on his game one match in ten. He's easy to bully out of the other nine- just kick him in the first five minutes and watch him hobble around, rubbing his leg and making doe eyes at the bench until he's subsituted.

He's had his chance and his own cowardice meant he wasted it. Fuck him.

I tell you what, that Zaki looked quality yesterday. On first viewing, I'd rather have him than Heskey if we want a grock up front.

Without doubt. Hes a worker like Kuyt, doesnt stop. Holds the ball well and he knows how to finish. City apparently in for him now.

Much rather we signed Zaki, he looks class. As for Heskey, please tell me this is some sick joke. He had one good season, the rest were just embarassing. Kuyt is much better, as is Keane (allegedly). The number of times he fell to the floor crying like a girl just made me cringe. He's useless, regardless of all this crazy praise heaped on him by the English media. We Liverpool fans know Heskey better than they do.