You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

Just now, Paulie Dangerously said:

Not picking on you here Vlad, but that first line is something which has been repeated all over the media. He didn't cross state lines with a gun, the gun belonged to someone in that state and at no point him having it was illegal in Wisconsion which is why he didn't face any gun charges.  Just an example of the way some of the facts of this case, like him having family in the state, we're omitted or misrepresented depending on whose team you were on. 

Fairy muff. The fact he 'lent' a gun is just mind boggling to me.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ok. So he didnt cross a state line armed,as I thought Stig said earlier? Where did his gun come from? Was he wandering around near his home? Please educate me on the case.

Yeah I don't think he did have the gun when he crossed state lines. So he claims. 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Now that would definitely be racism at play.

100%. 

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

They are pretty much all I've read. When rico keeps saying somebody isnt a racist I tend to have a nagging feeling that the opposite is probably the case.

There’s no evidence he’s racist.  He’s probably the most famous kid in America so far and all we’ve got is an ok sign and some other people singing.  We’ve had another poster saying that saying ‘n*****’ isn’t proof of racism so I’m looking for a little more.  

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That was me.

A white guy calling a white guy isn't. Cuz, well, by definition, it can't be.

Or do you somehow think it is? 

So it’s ok for white people to use the word now? When there were loads of black people in the vicinity? That’s ok?  Really? 

22 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

My hope is he slinks off and you never hear from the cunt again, my expectation is he makes a fortune being painted as a victim while touring various conservative conferences and is paraded as an NRA poster child.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Anyone interested in hearing Rittenhouses side can do so as his first national interview will be aired on Monday.

With Tucker Carlson.

The fella that @Anubisposted nailed it in one of those posts.

Not guilty does not equal not liable. Cue civil trial.

I am Jack's complete lack of suprise.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

So it’s ok for white people to use the word now? When there were loads of black people in the vicinity? That’s ok?  Really? 

No one said it was ok - but it is quite a stretch to call someone a racist for it.

In fact, it takes similar mental gymnastics as it does to somehow say flashing the ok sign is, well ok.

40 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s no evidence he’s racist.  He’s probably the most famous kid in America so far and all we’ve got is an ok sign and some other people singing.  We’ve had another poster saying that saying ‘n*****’ isn’t proof of racism so I’m looking for a little more.  

Are you Wayne Hennesseys lawyer?

How fucking disingenuous to claim that this racist, thuggish cunt was just giving an 'OK' hand sign. Sounds about as credible as people claiming that 'P*ki' is just short for Pakistan.

Some of the bollocks I've been reading on this thread, and the racism thread of late, tell a fucking sad story.

What a fucking hill to die on...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

No one said it was ok - but it is quite a stretch to call someone a racist for it.

In fact, it takes similar mental gymnastics as it does to somehow say flashing the ok sign is, well ok.

So calling someone ‘n*****’ isn’t racist.  If footage of Rittenhouse saying it is unearthed you’ll be equally magnanimous.  

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

How fucking disingenuous to claim that this racist, thuggish cunt was just giving an 'OK' hand sign. Sounds about as credible as people claiming that 'P*ki' is just short for Pakistan.

Some of the bollocks I've been reading on this thread, and the racism thread of late, tell a fucking sad story.

What a fucking hill to die on...

What about calling someone ‘n*****’ that racist?  

14 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

What about calling someone ‘n*****’ that racist?  

Another round of whataboutery from the honest observer. In this case, your attempt at deflection might be better addressed by someone who's spent the past dozen or so pages defending that person's case against the claims of racism made against him.

22 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Call me a cynic (makes a change from cunt) but if this clown had shot someone at a riot other than one started after a black man was shot we’d have heard nothing about it and the verdict wouldn’t have raised any eyebrows.  People calling for a change of law based on this one event when the vast majority haven’t read any of the details is mental.  If he’d been found guilty then the precedent set would have been disastrous.  

Had the roles been reversed and a young black man had been charged with unlawfully killing two white protesters at a white supremacist protest, with self-defence being the black gunman's defence, I very much doubt we'd see the likes of Tucker Carlson and other far-right commentators, never mind some of the posters on here, arguing voraciously that their concern is that the principles of justice, fair play and the letter of the law are applied, and that they have no more skin in the game than that. 

As I said above, disingenuous bollocks.

6 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Had the roles been reversed and a young black man had been charged with unlawfully killing two white protesters at a white supremacist protest, with self-defence being the black gunman's defence, I very much doubt we'd see the likes of Tucker Carlson and other far-right commentators, never mind some of the posters on here, arguing voraciously that their concern is that the principles of justice, fair play and the letter of the law are applied, and that they have no more skin in the game than that. 

As I said above, disingenuous bollocks.

Imagine there was a case very very similar, on the day rittenhouse was cleared.  What would you think to that?  Or the case of the black men who shot back at police (might even be in this thread) as the coppers shot at them without identifying themselves.  Making stuff up is just, well, made up.  

America does have some fucked up laws and I’ve consistently been very critical of their gun laws (it’s all searchable) but none of this makes this particular bloke guilty.  

34 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Another round of whataboutery from the honest observer. In this case, your attempt at deflection might be better addressed by someone who's spent the past dozen or so pages defending that person's case against the claims of racism made against him.

It’s like living in a parallel universe. I’m not defending him, I’m asking for evidence.  So far we’ve got an ok sign and some people singing a song.  We’ve even had someone say the one of those killed using the n word doesn’t make him a racist. I can’t help it if you can’t produce more than that. I mean if there was anything out there you’d think it’d have surfaced by now.  It may turn out he is a massive racist, but based on what we’ve been shown so far it’s not that simple. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Imagine there was a case very very similar, on the day rittenhouse was cleared.  What would you think to that?  Or the case of the black men who shot back at police (might even be in this thread) as the coppers shot at them without identifying themselves.  Making stuff up is just, well, made up.  

America does have some fucked up laws and I’ve consistently been very critical of their gun laws (it’s all searchable) but none of this makes this particular bloke guilty.  

By the letter of the law in the jurisdiction he was tried in it may well have been the right verdict. I would imagine I'm, more or less, as well-versed in their legislature as everyone else on here who's been offering views is. I'm taking issue with the risible claims, as I see them, from certain quarters, that this is their only concern, that they portray themselves as legal students or studying the case or, as I said above 'honest observer', when they really aren't anything of the sort. 

4 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

By the letter of the law in the jurisdiction he was tried in it may well have been the right verdict. I would imagine I'm, more or less, as well-versed in their legislature as everyone else on here who's been offering views is. I'm taking issue with the risible claims, as I see them, from certain quarters, that this is their only concern, that they portray themselves as legal students or studying the case or, as I said above 'honest observer', when they really aren't anything of the sort. 

‘Letter of the law’ is such a loaded comment. It wasn’t a fucking loophole he exploited. The case was shit right from the outset.   It’s all there in the thread but still people like you are trying to make something out of this that isn’t there.  FFS we’ve even had a bloke claim n***** is ok to use.  I’ve followed this right from the start and it’s been taken up by people as a racist shooter narrative by people right up to the fucking President so take your honest observer shite and stick it up Mooks hoop. 

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s like living in a parallel universe. I’m not defending him, I’m asking for evidence.  So far we’ve got an ok sign and some people singing a song.  We’ve even had someone say the one of those killed using the n word doesn’t make him a racist. I can’t help it if you can’t produce more than that. I mean if there was anything out there you’d think it’d have surfaced by now.  It may turn out he is a massive racist, but based on what we’ve been shown so far it’s not that simple. 

if you're not of the bizarre belief that the little shit, photographed in the company of members of the Proud Boys was doing nothing more than 'making an ok sign, and then giving an exclusive to someone who promotes the idea of a 'replacement theory' on his primetime show across America, then I think that's already been established.