You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

39 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Guilty verdict reached for gunman in the Ahmaud Arbery case. 

They look like solid citizens. Looking at the mugshot on the left I can’t help but think that somewhere a garden is missing it’s evil gnome.

FE-rJuiXoAEW67C?format=jpg&name=large

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Apparently they weren't charged for months until the footage got leaked. 

Didn’t the then DA work with one of them. Sounds like there may have been a bit of protection going on.

From the bits I’ve read the trial prosecutor was very good. She’s been getting lots of praise.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

Almost like the prosecution got a case together before going to court.  That does help. 

Isn't the crux of this entire case that they are buddies with the local police and would have not been prosecuted if the footage wasn't leaked?

29 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The dad was an ex investigator for the DA in that town. He called the DA from the scene asking for advice - she later recused herself. There were no charges until the video leaked I believe. 

Then the fella who took the video pretended like he didn't know the other two guys.

She's been arrested and indicted on charges for shielding the father and son and directing the crime scene police. Obviously prosecutors do this all the time in order to build a strong cases.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Almost like the prosecution got a case together before going to court.  That does help. 

They weren't even arrested for three months.  This wasn't a case of a diligent prosecutor preparing a case: it's a case of racist prosecutors not being arsed to pursue a murder case until their hand was forced.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/ahmaud-arbery-verdict-guilty/620817/

On 21/11/2021 at 16:40, Bjornebye said:

If someone is doing a nazi salute, you can safely assume they are racist. If someone is knowingly giving a white power symbol you can pretty much guarantee they are racist. I honestly fail to see how it's even under question mate 

I'd suggest that getting tooled up to go and oppose an anti-racist demo could also be considered a sign of racism.