You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in Southern America..

Stouffer

10 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I just think it’s a bit call to make calling someone a racist.  It’s pretty much the worst thing you can accuse someone of outside of them committing a crime.  

I think the KKK pic of him as a kid was a false picture but this picture of him doing the white power salute pretty much confirms he's a racist no?

rittenhouse-75.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/kyle-rittenhouse-flashes-white-power-sign-with-proud-boys/

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think the KKK pic of him as a kid was a false picture but this picture of him doing the white power salute pretty much confirms he's a racist no?

rittenhouse-75.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/kyle-rittenhouse-flashes-white-power-sign-with-proud-boys/

Not really no. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48293817

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Call me a cynic (makes a change from cunt) but if this clown had shot someone at a riot other than one started after a black man was shot we’d have heard nothing about it and the verdict wouldn’t have raised any eyebrows.  People calling for a change of law based on this one event when the vast majority haven’t read any of the details is mental.  If he’d been found guilty then the precedent set would have been disastrous.  

It fits nicely into an already established division, so most people don't care about the facts or legal aspects, it becomes hero / villain. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah that’s how I see it. The world has become hysterical. I do think social media plays a big part.

I would say radicalized rather than just hysterical. Also, I was thinking the other day how with social media the problem isn't so much the echo chambers, because most people (still) have friends or acquaintances across the division line, it is the constant triggering which eventually radicalizes you beyond some (or at least what was in the past) reasonable level.  So everything quickly or eventually turns into a culture war because people seem desperate to read elements of their ideology into everything. Nothing is a predominantly public health, environmental, legal issue any more.

21 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Anyone interested in hearing Rittenhouses side can do so as his first national interview will be aired on Monday.

With Tucker Carlson.

The fella that @Anubisposted nailed it in one of those posts.

Not guilty does not equal not liable. Cue civil trial.

Maybe he should have gone on MSNBC - the ones caught trying to follow the jury back from the courthouse.  

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Tuckers camera crew were removed from the courtroom a couple of times on Friday.

You're right - he could have chosen anyone to give his first interview to.

I’d imagine he went to the one offering him the most cash.  But him going to Fox proves nothing. What kind of reception do you think he’d get of a left leaning news show?  Why should be do that? 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Hold on, I need to get this straight.  Casual use of a racial epithet is NOT proof of racism?  

That would be up to you to figure out.

As we have seen through this thread it is the person who any epithet is being used against to ultimately decide that.

My guess is Rittenhouse did not - but we may find out on the Tucker Carlson show. Imagine the irony - proof of racism being discussed by Tucker and Kyle.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

I’d imagine he went to the one offering him the most cash.  But him going to Fox proves nothing. What kind of reception do you think he’d get of a left leaning news show?  Why should be do that? 

As stated, he could have chosen anyone and all would have paid him. He could have chosen Fox and a different interviewer.

He did choose the most divisive presenter in America.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

As stated, he could have chosen anyone and all would have paid him. He could have chosen Fox and a different interviewer.

He did choose the most divisive presenter in America.

How do you know he chose the interviewer? Even if he did what does that mean ? Why should he pander to a group of people who still want him in fucking prison after he’s been found not guilty.