You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mcking the dead..

AVEEZ

Should we laugh at dead people  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should we laugh at dead people

• Hell yes - others peoples misfortune is funny as
    • Definately not - its morally wrong and may offend
    • Depends if I'm feeling self rightious or not
    • I Dont care either way now fuck off!

Okay, that's no problem with me.

I'll happily meet you on Saturday and discuss things then in an environment that I'm a seasoned regular in then.

Fancy it?

What the 'no sense of humour, internet warriors association'??

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you offering me outside for a bout of fisticuffs young man? Oh dear.

Honestly Brod fuck off. This is the GF. We discuss stuff and we laugh at stuff. It's got nothing to do with Hillsborough or Heysel, and suggesting we're in that camp makes you a cock.

Brod didn't start mentioning that, I did. I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence and question their attitude to our tradegy, but I maintain it's ill-conceived considering who we are and what we represent.

I'll happily meet you on Saturday and discuss things then in an environment that I'm a seasoned regular in then.

Fancy it?

or have I misunderstood? You weren't asking me out on a date were you Brod? You're not a homosexual are you?

Are you offering me outside for a bout of fisticuffs young man? Oh dear.

Honestly Brod fuck off. This is the GF. We discuss stuff and we laugh at stuff. It's got nothing to do with Hillsborough or Heysel, and suggesting we're in that camp makes you a cock.

Not offering you out at all lad.

Seeing as my opinion doesn't count in your world on here I thought it may in my world.

Maybe I am a little over sensitive over things like this as I had family at Hillsborough and know how I'd feel if some tit was cracking jokes at their expense.

If your opinion is that I'm a cock then fair enough, I'll lose no sleep over some keyboard warrior getting angry over my opinion.

I'm guessing you're not meeting me for a bevvie on Saturday then?

Brod didn't start mentioning that, I did. I'm not going to insult anyone's intelligence and question their attitude to our tradegy, but I maintain it's ill-conceived considering who we are and what we represent.

we are Liverpool supporters

here endith the likeness..

I have a sense of humour -

you do not -

Fair play mate. But you did correct yourself when you noticed the context Aveez placed the topic in, and you have maintained your stance with some degree of dignity and intelligence.

Brod, by contrast, jumped straight into the inflamatory and then summoned up all his intellectual might and offered to meet me, or should I say meat me.

There's a time and place for eveything. The "Toon army" - one was too early, too bad and in the wrong forum. You could make jokes about it, but the more serious the incident you're joking about is, the more thought out, timed and 'serious' the joke needs to be.

Fancy it?

Where exactly in this post does it say anything about fighting or confrontation ?? he was told his opinion counts for fuck all because of his post count so he will discuss it where it did count. He has every fucking right to feel aggreaved about the mocking and jibes of the dead. I totally agree with what most of Christian has said, I just think if you want to tell them kind of jokes, tell someone you know shares the same opinion on them as yourself. If you post them on a forum and then find out someone doesnt like them, accept it dont try and turn it into something its not.

we are Liverpool supporters

here endith the likeness..

I have a sense of humour -

you do not -

Youy fucking knob, who the fuck are you ? Christian has been posting on this forum since back when you were slim so who the hell do you think you are exactly trying to put him in his place ?

Where exactly in this post does it say anything about fighting or confrontation ?? he was told his opinion counts for fuck all because of his post count so he will discuss it where it did count. He has every fucking right to feel aggreaved about the mocking and jibes of the dead. I totally agree with what most of Christian has said, I just think if you want to tell them kind of jokes, tell someone you know shares the same opinion on them as yourself. If you post them on a forum and then find out someone doesnt like them, accept it dont try and turn it into something its not.

Exactly if you go onto a forum accept it and dont try and turn it into something its not.. good point.. some people find this funny other do not those who do not should note their opinion and leave and not spoil the fun for everyone else!

Mocking the dead is obviously in poor taste, and the closer to home the more hurtful it is.

That said, there is something about this sort of humour that, even though we suspect it is wrong, occasionally compels us to participate. There are likely many reasons for this, including our need to cope with the fragility of the human condition.

[QUOTE=Ezekiel 25:17;673707]Where exactly in this post does it say anything about fighting or confrontation ?? he was told his opinion counts for fuck all because of his post count so he will discuss it where it did count. He has every fucking right to feel aggreaved about the mocking and jibes of the dead. I totally agree with what most of Christian has said, I just think if you want to tell them kind of jokes, tell someone you know shares the same opinion on them as yourself. If you post them on a forum and then find out someone doesnt like them, accept it dont try and turn it into something its not.

Your messing right? to paraphrase Dave, it's like calling someone an orrifice that poo comes out of, then denying calling said person an arsehole.

Mocking the dead is obviously in poor taste, and the closer to home the more hurtful it is.

That said, there is something about this sort of humour that, even though we suspect it is wrong, occasionally compels us to participate. There are likely many reasons for this, including our need to cope with the fragility of the human condition.

And so the Sermon endeth.

Back to Planet Jazz for me.

Goodbye!

Youy fucking knob, who the fuck are you ? Christian has been posting on this forum since back when you were slim so who the hell do you think you are exactly trying to put him in his place ?

Really and that means I cant disagree with him does it.. hmmm let me think... fuck off.. if by putting in his place you mean highlighting our differences then as psrt of the 'we' he lumped me in I am perfectly entitled to do it.. had he not used the word we I would have no right but as he did I do - so there.

Fair play mate. But you did correct yourself when you noticed the context Aveez placed the topic in, and you have maintained your stance with some degree of dignity and intelligence.

Brod, by contrast, jumped straight into the inflamatory and then summoned up all his intellectual might and offered to meet me, or should I say meat me.

Just trying to put things into contrast with my post.

If you're also suggesting that I'm a bit thick then fair enough, you're opinion.

If you're suggesting I'm gay too, then fair enough with that. I really don't give a fuck what anyone who doesn't know me thinks about me.

[QUOTE=Ezekiel 25:17;673707]Where exactly in this post does it say anything about fighting or confrontation ?? he was told his opinion counts for fuck all because of his post count so he will discuss it where it did count. He has every fucking right to feel aggreaved about the mocking and jibes of the dead. I totally agree with what most of Christian has said, I just think if you want to tell them kind of jokes, tell someone you know shares the same opinion on them as yourself. If you post them on a forum and then find out someone doesnt like them, accept it dont try and turn it into something its not.

Your messing right? to paraphrase Dave, it's like calling someone an orrifice that poo comes out of, then denying calling said person an arsehole.

Dont agree at all. It would negate his entire point.

i voted absolutely yes, my close mates are the same as well. I cant stand goodie goodies who take everything so seriously and are so self righteous be bad for fuck sake it's more fun.

Id never say anything offensive around someone who was personally affected of course.