You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool bars / clubs / pubs

The-Sir

Anyone been to Tom Halls? Opened by the Liver building, lovely pub, loads and of sports stuff in there and plenty of TVs for footy and that. Nice beer in here too. It also passes the litmus test of having a lovely clean toilet which is where I'm posting this from now.

Last port of call before pier head and the 78 bus home for a young pete in the late seventies on his way home from his £17 a week shipping office job.

Seven quid to my lovely mum and a tenner for me,and unbelievably it seemed to go quite far in those days!

Will have to check it out next week when I'm in town.

• Upvote 1

Paulie Gualtier recommended me Mojo, a few of us went and had a ball.

We also went to Red Door, Aloha, and Salt Dog Slims... All of them real fun. Aloha played the best music, good dance floor. Red Door perhaps had the hottest toots. Mojo when I went was full of uni students... Still loads of fun.

None of the above are particularly 'edgy' if that's what you're looking for.. but we had a real good night out, they're all close to one another.

Wasn't impressed with the Red Door when I went. I've been the area Door in West Kirkby a few times which was good but they closed it shortly before opening the Berry Street bar. They only serve Schooners of beer rather than pints and it's a bit pretentious in there.

Frederick's on Hope Street next to the Philharmonic is good. The 23 club underneath the Clove Hitchwas good but they got rid of the back room which was great. Still has good beers and bourbons though

Is that Cat and Fiddle the one under the high rise on Stanley rd ?

Not been to a club for years due to age and being a lightweight , well out of touch with that scene. When I get home I always have pint in the Globe and the.Richmond.

I do like a walk round though , so I'llbe.trying a few more out. Other than that I call in to the Salt Box and Red Lion to see old faces but ots preferably town for meas I usually stay in town. Smokey Mo's looks like it should be avoided though

Sm

Just been that roof terrace by the liver building. Oh me oh my it's called. Great view, but £3.80 for a 330ml can of estrella? Almost threw the barman over the side. Lager wise they sell pints of coors for £4, 330 ml cans for £3.80. It's okay though, they give you a fancy plastic cup to drink it out of.

Just been that roof terrace by the liver building. Oh me oh my it's called. Great view, but £3.80 for a 330ml can of estrella? Almost threw the barman over the side. Lager wise they sell pints of coors for £4, 330 ml cans for £3.80. It's okay though, they give you a fancy plastic cup to drink it out of.

cans?  Fucking hell.  Absolutely typical that.  

Has it almost literally just opened? I drive along the Strand last Thursday morning and I'm sure they were still putting the sign up.

Yeah that's the one, there were still some workmen in there finishing some bits and pieces off.

Last port of call before pier head and the 78 bus home for a young pete in the late seventies on his way home from his £17 a week shipping office job.

Seven quid to my lovely mum and a tenner for me,and unbelievably it seemed to go quite far in those days!

Will have to check it out next week when I'm in town.

Definitely give it a go mate. Good for a few games of pool and some decent beer on tap. Some nice tunes on as well, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye etc..

• Upvote 1

The Cross Keys off Old Hall Street closed about a month ago as well as the Lion Tavern by Moorfields.

The Exchange bar opposite the Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields closed down earlier on in the year. Was supposed to be taken over by Marks and Spencer yet nothing has happened. Pity as a decent bar there could make a lot of money.

Yeah that's the one, there were still some workmen in there finishing some bits and pieces off.

Definitely give it a go mate. Good for a few games of pool and some decent beer on tap. Some nice tunes on as well, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye etc..

Walked past it before with my missus. Asked her if she fancied a drink there. The boarded up upper windows put her off.

Prude.

The Cross Keys off Old Hall Street closed about a month ago as well as the Lion Tavern by Moorfields.

The Exchange bar opposite the Old Hall Street entrance to Moorfields closed down earlier on in the year. Was supposed to be taken over by Marks and Spencer yet nothing has happened. Pity as a decent bar there could make a lot of money.

Is the Lion still closed ?

Thought there was some dispute with Owners and the Tennants that was getting sorted

Be a real loss if it closes for good. Great beers and still has the original Victorian bar

• 1 year later...

St james station? There is an All Bar One on the corner , I like that part of town

It"ll be a bit further down mate on the same side more facing James st station was reading they had bought the building and are putting a new pub there, I like the slaughter house it's a decent little boozer.