You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool bars / clubs / pubs

The-Sir

Walked past that Turtle Bay on Victoria Street the other week and she wanted to pop in for a drink.  She got a cocktail which ended up on a 2-4-1 menu (result!) so I said I'd have one of them instead of ordering my own drink.  One sip and I changed my mind and got a pint of Red Stripe.  Sadly it was warm.

They've lost my custom.  Understandably they're fucking devastated.

Mr Ho's opposite has just been shut down. Whats the lisbon saying these days? still an arl cellar full of drunks or has it got worse? 

• 6 months later...

My Dad has booked us in to the Premier Inn at Tarbock for after the Newcastle game, are there any decent boozers round there?

The bastard hates me drinking so has done this deliberately so we're away out of town, I'm guessing a taxi from the city would be a fair wedge.

My Dad has booked us in to the Premier Inn at Tarbock for after the Newcastle game, are there any decent boozers round there?

The bastard hates me drinking so has done this deliberately so we're away out of town, I'm guessing a taxi from the city would be a fair wedge.

Blimey, out in the wilds there

Huyton station isn't too far away..

• Upvote 1

There's the Hare and Hounds not far from there - about a five minute walk.

It's a bit of a hike up to Huyton/Roby train station from there as the hotel is on the industrial estate (10 minutes) but the Stanley next to Roby train station is a decent pub, there's the Derby Lodge opposite it which is more of a food/hotel place and another pub called the Crofters on the same road.

There's another pub just off the industrial estate called the Seel Arms which is one of those pubs that sells pints for £1.80 but I've never been in it. It's on the other side of the industrial estate then up past a small park.

May as well get a train into town which is a couple of quid return and the last train back is about 11.30. Probably better getting a taxi from the train station back up to Tarbock. Huyton and Roby stations are less than half a mile apart. Don't go into the pub next to Huyton station as they can smell strangers from a mile off!

• Upvote 1

You can get a taxi to Woolton Village which would be about a tenner, loads of decent boozers round there and a Indian, Chinese and Turkish restaurant .

• Upvote 2

Magic, cheers.

It'll just be an old man's boozer we're after where you can get a pint & have a blether, nothing fancy. The curry houses sound like good shouts too.

I'm pissed off because I've worked out a good wee pub crawl around Liverpool now & I probably won't be able to get to any of them because my Dad is worse than fucking Hitler.

The Brick Wall is in Tarbock was sound in the Summer. We'd walk up from Netherely. Don't know if it's still open or not though. If not, and you're just after a cheap drink then the Legion in Netherley (Wood Lane) would be OK but I'd be doing exactly what Stickman says and getting a taxi to Woolton Village.

• Upvote 1

Magic, cheers.

It'll just be an old man's boozer we're after where you can get a pint & have a blether, nothing fancy. The curry houses sound like good shouts too.

I'm pissed off because I've worked out a good wee pub crawl around Liverpool now & I probably won't be able to get to any of them because my Dad is worse than fucking Hitler.

If you go to prescot id suggest the sun inn for a nice old mans boozer
  • Upvote 1

The Brick Wall is in Tarbock was sound in the Summer. We'd walk up from Netherely. Don't know if it's still open or not though. If not, and you're just after a cheap drink then the Legion in Netherley (Wood Lane) would be OK but I'd be doing exactly what Stickman says and getting a taxi to Woolton Village.

It's known to be full of pussy now

http://www.petscountrymanor.com/

Piss-peddlers Heineken threatening to ruin the Lion in Moorfields and possibly force it to close.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fears-famous-liverpool-pub-could-14309801#ICID=sharebar_twitter

DWd3qRvWkAA65Mz.jpg

Follow the campaign to save the Lion on Twitter.  https://twitter.com/LionVsHeineken 

• Upvote 3

There's another pub just off the industrial estate called the Seel Arms which is one of those pubs that sells pints for £1.80 but I've never been in it. It's on the other side of the industrial estate then up past a small park.

Don’t go there. It’s fucking awful and is full of stinking piss heads who are there from opening until last orders. It’s a proper moody shithole.

The village hotel is sound and it’s about a 5 min walk.

• Upvote 1