You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool bars / clubs / pubs

The-Sir

Piss-peddlers Heineken threatening to ruin the Lion in Moorfields and possibly force it to close.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fears-famous-liverpool-pub-could-14309801#ICID=sharebar_twitter

DWd3qRvWkAA65Mz.jpg

Follow the campaign to save the Lion on Twitter. https://twitter.com/LionVsHeineken

Nah, fuck them. I want to see their hand raised pork pies released into the wild.

• Upvote 1

You can get a taxi to Woolton Village which would be about a tenner, loads of decent boozers round there and a Indian, Chinese and Turkish restaurant .

Best bet I would say,two Indians, two Chinese and now two Turkish with the loft being taken over by turks.gardeners arms and the cobden and white horse if you real ale fan.coffee house and grapes traditional alehouses with juke box.good for a pub crawl woolton.

• Upvote 1

Penny Farthing regulars will be sad to hear their other preferred watering hole of choice, The Sugar Hut, has bid a fond farewell to Liverpool nightlife. a sad loss to all the great and the good. or fuck off back to Essex. take your pick

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpools-sugar-hut-bar-closes-14317145

• Upvote 1

Went on a pub crawl with the child bride yesterday,started in peter kavanaghs ,got talking to two women who recommended peaky blinders in the old Cains brewery complex.massively over rated in my opinion ten quid exactly for a pint of IPA and a jack Daniel and coke.seemed very popular but think the novelty will wear off due to its quite isolated location.tried the kasbah next door which I thought had a nice atmosphere eight pound fifty for same drinks.and showing a certain sporting event which I watched some of second half.its basically a big tent inside the warehouse in the style of a Bedouin camp but on the day it was absolutely freezing unless you were stood under one of the heaters.

Moved on to the dispensary pub on the corner,proper run down shit hole,seating all wrecked and poor choice of drinks.

Jumped a taxi then to the excelsior on dale st.then the ship and mitre and the Vernon ,three proper pubs,then taxi home.

Woke up this morning with a pleasant hangover which a full English sorted out!

of sect

Did you manage to get out of Huyton industrial estate then Mook?

Couldn't get down, mate, all trains between Scotland & Carlisle were cancelled all weekend.

We've re-booked the same hotel for the Watford game on the 17th so I'll let you know in a couple of weeks.

Went on a pub crawl with the child bride yesterday,started in peter kavanaghs ,got talking to two women who recommended peaky blinders in the old Cains brewery complex.massively over rated in my opinion ten quid exactly for a pint of IPA and a jack Daniel and coke.seemed very popular but think the novelty will wear off due to its quite isolated location.tried the kasbah next door which I thought had a nice atmosphere eight pound fifty for same drinks.and showing a certain sporting event which I watched some of second half.its basically a big tent inside the warehouse in the style of a Bedouin camp but on the day it was absolutely freezing unless you were stood under one of the heaters.

Moved on to the dispensary pub on the corner,proper run down shit hole,seating all wrecked and poor choice of drinks.

Jumped a taxi then to the excelsior on dale st.then the ship and mitre and the Vernon ,three proper pubs,then taxi home.

Woke up this morning with a pleasant hangover which a full English sorted out!

of sect

Vernon is usually full of Bluenoses and the floor has a very disconcerting slope which can be lethal when arseholed.

Yeah Vernon is a red pub last time I checked

May have just been unlucky but the couple of times I went in last year it was full of Blues, My bluenose mate goes there a lot after the game.

Anyway pubs with floors on a slope don't do it for me. If i'm up that way then love the Ship and the Lion or the Hole in Wall is ok .  The Rose and Crown round the corner from the Vernon is good for a late one

May have just been unlucky but the couple of times I went in last year it was full of Blues, My bluenose mate goes there a lot after the game.

Anyway pubs with floors on a slope don't do it for me. If i'm up that way then love the Ship and the Lion or the Hole in Wall is ok .  The Rose and Crown round the corner from the Vernon is good for a late one

There all sound them Boozers.

The Vernon is run by a family of Reds and most of the regulars I know are Reds.

You sure you've not just been unlucky when you've been there?

Yeah Jimmy is deffo a big Red. Had a boss evening in there with him when I was home at Christmas, one of the nicest people around.

Yeah Vernon is a red pub last time I checked

It is; definitely.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Carradona said:

Will be in liverpool for three nights over the weekend with the wife. Any great recommendations for city centre restaurants and bars would be much appreciated. 

I lived in Liverpool from 08-12 but I want to try some different/new spots.

Baltic Market. Big market there that your wife will love. A large food hall serving different types of street food and ale. Quite a few bars there too. 

• Upvote 1