You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boumsong--->Juve

King Gheedorah

Feast your eyes on this:

Relegated Juventus have signed defender Jean-Alain Boumsong from Newcastle for 5 million euros, it is announced on Tuesday. The France international becomes the Turin-club's first purchase since selling Fabio Cannavaro, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lilian Thuram, Emerson and Gianluca Zambrotta this summer.

New Juventus boss Didier Deschamps had moved for the player after losing defensive lynchpins Cannavaro (Real Madrid) and Thuram (Barcelona) almost immediately after the verdict to relegate the club for their role in the biggest corruption scandal to hit Italian football.

Deschamps expressed his delight at the signing saying “Alain is a real defender.

..and on a 4 year contract too!

http://www.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2006-2007/sport_sto949225.shtml

How the mighty are fallen, eh?

When Newcastle came out with that absurd comment about valuing Kuyt "in the £5m bracket", I said that it suggested they had £5m to spend, Sure enough, Boumsong out for £5m, Martins apparently in for £10m. Just one thing Freddy. Have you seen the state of your fucking defence?

Newcastle could be a real force this season with a little investment. If they added, say, Gravesen, Bridge and Vennegoor of Hesselink to their squad - which would cost about £10 million, I reckon - they'd have a pretty solid side.

Your right, he is shocking but how Bramble still makes a living as a prem footballer I will never know

On the subject of Bramble...

A Norfolk couple were woken in the night after a car driven by Newcastle United defender Titus Bramble crashed into the wall outside their house.

It happened on the A140 in the village of Newton Flotman on Saturday night.

A Norfolk Police spokesman said five or six people were travelling in the BMW but no-one was injured. Mr Bramble was given a breath test which was negative.

Eddie Sargent, 55, who lives in the house, said he and wife Linda, 54, were concerned for the people in the car.

The couple were looking after their grandchildren at the time of the crash.

'Good looking'

Mr Sargent said: "We just heard an incredible bang.

"The car was full of people and they all got out and went across the road.

"I never spoke to Titus, he kept a low profile. I was more concerned about the damage."

Mr Sargent said he and his wife did not recognise Mr Bramble: "The police handed us his details for the insurance claim and my wife said 'what a lovely name' and 'wasn't he good looking'.

"It wasn't until we telephoned the insurers this morning that they asked 'Is that the Titus Bramble?'" :D

On the subject of Bramble...

A Norfolk couple were woken in the night after a car driven by Newcastle United defender Titus Bramble crashed into the wall outside their house.

It happened on the A140 in the village of Newton Flotman on Saturday night.

A Norfolk Police spokesman said five or six people were travelling in the BMW but no-one was injured. Mr Bramble was given a breath test which was negative.

Eddie Sargent, 55, who lives in the house, said he and wife Linda, 54, were concerned for the people in the car.

The couple were looking after their grandchildren at the time of the crash.

'Good looking'

Mr Sargent said: "We just heard an incredible bang.

"The car was full of people and they all got out and went across the road.

"I never spoke to Titus, he kept a low profile. I was more concerned about the damage."

Mr Sargent said he and his wife did not recognise Mr Bramble: "The police handed us his details for the insurance claim and my wife said 'what a lovely name' and 'wasn't he good looking'.

"It wasn't until we telephoned the insurers this morning that they asked 'Is that the Titus Bramble?'" :D

They reset the breathalyzer for 'Calamatous Defending' and it was off the charts.

I thought Juventus were aiming for promotion' date=' not relegation![/quote']

Surprisingly many star players still there so I won't count it out...

Buffon, Tudor, Zanetti, Giannichedda, Del Piero, Nedved, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, Zalayeta and some decent talents. Not that bad and I think they'll be up already next season.

And they also got a nice transfer budget after selling some quality players.

But if they now are buying shit players maybe we should offload some of ours?

Diao, anyone? :whistle:

Newcastle could be a real force this season with a little investment. If they added, say, Gravesen, Bridge and Vennegoor of Hesselink to their squad - which would cost about £10 million, I reckon - they'd have a pretty solid side.

Who would their centre halves be?

It's part of their sentence. They have to have inept players to keep them in Serie B.

I'm just being bitter, Boumsong was keeping the dream alive for me because if that useless sack of shit could play in the top flight I was still in with a chance. That's gone now.