You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Italy - USA

kop

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same; nothing of it in real time but nasty on the replay.

Toni and Gilardinho will get one of those centre-backs sent-off before the night is out, you can put money on that. Despite almost removing their shirts in every challenge they are diving around at the feintest touch to get them bookings.

Be calling you Madame Monty soon :whistle:

Guest dragonfly
Really hope USA take this. 3p to every team in taht group before the last roud would be ace. They've opened well and looks well fired up. Italy actually looks a bit caught by their opening, hope they get a goal before the match evens out.

yeah me too. hope in the end czechs and ghana go through couldn't bear the yanks going through. this is the one of the few tournaments we dont have to put up with them winning.

What other sports do the americans win at? You can't class include basketball and am. football et all because nobody outside of the states plays them. I suppose they're decent at golf but bar that I can't think of any major sport that Americans rule at.

That's why they make their own up.

What other sports do the americans win at? You can't class include basketball and am. football et all because nobody outside of the states plays them. I suppose they're decent at golf but bar that I can't think of any major sport that Americans rule at.

Athletics is one. They've been pretty good at tennis for a while too.

Also, I thought Landon Donovan looked really good, but I can't really tell what kind of player he is. He seems to play quite well everywhere without ever looking completely at home, like a better version of Le Tallec or something. I reckon he might do well in the Prem too, actually.

Athletics is one. They've been pretty good at tennis for a while too.

Athletics doesn't count either. Take away sprinting and long jumps and the Americans are below average. Also, I don't really class atheltics as a sport. You're either fast or not - in which case you cheat. Not really any strategy or skill involved in running around a track. Dogs do it for fucks sake.

Any they're not good at tennis; they're good at women's tennis. Tennis is a yuppy sport too so it doesn't count again. Boxing doesn't count either because it just doesn't.

I wanted the yanks to win that. The Italians did my head in with their play acting and general poncing around. The second American goal should have stood too because that rule is fucking ridiculous.

What? Even though it flicked the laces of McBride? You are certifiable mate.

A McBride goal in a 2-1 loss to Ghana will do me fine.

Athletics doesn't count either. Take away sprinting and long jumps and the Americans are below average. Also, I don't really class atheltics as a sport. You're either fast or not - in which case you cheat. Not really any strategy or skill involved in running around a track. Dogs do it for fucks sake.

Any they're not good at tennis; they're good at women's tennis. Tennis is a yuppy sport too so it doesn't count again. Boxing doesn't count either because it just doesn't.

They're pretty good at hockey. And Basketball. I guess those doesn't count for some reason though.